GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lucid Dreaming"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/04/08 at 10:49
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I think I had my first lucid dream last night. I found myself in Florida meting up with my penpal for a second time and obviously the logic section of my brain was still in play - I realised I had no memory on how I'd actually gotten to Florida and the fact Iam awaiting a job interview this week, so it was completely irresponsible for me to be there, thus deducing I was in a dream.

Pretty scary world though, the dream world. I kept telling myself it was a dream and was willing myself to wake up and get out of it to save myself getting confused, but I just stayed there - hand gripping tightly to a sofa. In the end, it was a bit more relaxing and I could control myself, walk around etc. It was all so vivid as well and I can remember the setting in minute detail.

I've heard of lucid dreaming but didn't think it was actually possible. But then again, could I have been dreaming that I was in control of myself in my dream? Has anyone else experienced it themselves?
Mon 14/04/08 at 10:49
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I think I had my first lucid dream last night. I found myself in Florida meting up with my penpal for a second time and obviously the logic section of my brain was still in play - I realised I had no memory on how I'd actually gotten to Florida and the fact Iam awaiting a job interview this week, so it was completely irresponsible for me to be there, thus deducing I was in a dream.

Pretty scary world though, the dream world. I kept telling myself it was a dream and was willing myself to wake up and get out of it to save myself getting confused, but I just stayed there - hand gripping tightly to a sofa. In the end, it was a bit more relaxing and I could control myself, walk around etc. It was all so vivid as well and I can remember the setting in minute detail.

I've heard of lucid dreaming but didn't think it was actually possible. But then again, could I have been dreaming that I was in control of myself in my dream? Has anyone else experienced it themselves?
Mon 14/04/08 at 13:03
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I never seem to have control of dreams, but last week I had a quite convincing one which involved my facial hair being removed somehow, and upon waking I had to check to see if my sideburns still reached my lower jaw as I could have sworn they really had gone. That really was quite surreal...
Mon 14/04/08 at 14:34
Regular
I probably get at least one or two a month. You can probably guess what I do in them ;P

But speaking of weird dreams, I dreamt I was strangling a guy to death with a belt last night ^-^
Mon 14/04/08 at 17:26
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Alfonse the Turtle wrote:
> I probably get at least one or two a month. You can probably
> guess what I do in them ;P

:o

> But speaking of weird dreams, I dreamt I was strangling a guy to
> death with a belt last night ^-^

Well, that answers the first part of your post :p

What did the guy do to warrant that???
Mon 14/04/08 at 17:31
Regular
hippyman wrote:
> Alfonse the Turtle wrote:
> I probably get at least one or two a month. You can probably
> guess what I do in them ;P
>
> :o
>
> But speaking of weird dreams, I dreamt I was strangling a guy
> to
> death with a belt last night ^-^
>
> Well, that answers the first part of your post :p
>
> What did the guy do to warrant that???

He claimed that some gang leader had left and made him the King of Britain and the Faukland Islands. Lol, I'm not really sure why it made me so angry.
Mon 14/04/08 at 21:11
Regular
"Mooching around"
I've actually had three lucid dreams, two of which gave me the ability to fly.

One, I was alone, in a cave (this one was ages ago, so I can't really remember the details) but I think I'd just seen a documentary on lucid dreams, and then in the dream realised it was a dream. Vague I know.

But the second one, more recently, I was in London with a mate. There were people with bananas as pets, and I realised this was ridiculous and must be dreaming, I soon lost my friend, and started to fly down the river Thames =D

Thirdly, a much more sinister one, I dreamt I had the powers similar to telekinesis, but far more powerful. I could also conjour things out of thin air. I don't believe I realised this was a dream, but for whatever reason, I knew I was in control of my actions. I actually started as a good guy for the public, catching robbers, stopping crime etc. But I soon went bad guy, and proceded to burn Christmas trees in front of children, throw the old into the sea, and lift the police and crash them back down to the ground repeatedly.

Oddly, the third dream is still the one I wish I could go back in to.
Mon 14/04/08 at 23:36
Regular
"I may return"
Chaos wrote:
> and proceded to burn Christmas trees in front of children, throw
> the old into the sea, and lift the police and crash them back
> down to the ground repeatedly.

Dude. That's my Wednesday routine o_O
Tue 15/04/08 at 09:21
Regular
"Hello?"
I've had a couple pretty weird dreams recently. Incidentally both times this happened I still had a smoking patch on. Top tip- don't go to sleep with a smoking patch on, it kept me up most of the night! Or if you fancy a weird dream do wear one. Pretty freaky stuff those nicotine patches.
Tue 15/04/08 at 11:43
Regular
Last night I dreamed that everybody had to do what I said. I had a lot of fun making people orgasm in the street.
Wed 16/04/08 at 17:21
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Alfonse the Turtle wrote:
> Last night I dreamed that everybody had to do what I said. I had
> a lot of fun making people orgasm in the street.

Haha. I bet.

No more dreams since then (well if I did, I can't remember them). in fact, I've got a mental block on sleep at the moment - takes me over an hour to drop off :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.