GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Timeshift"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timeshift'.
Mon 14/04/08 at 00:05
Regular
"jermaine_southgate"
i feel you and i have grown close these past months, so i want to be honest with you. timeshift is an AMAZING game. let me go into each boring section of this review detail by detail so you fully understand just how this game is what i say.

you play gaius thrace, an ex australian marine hell bent on revenge after an evil arch government villain hell bent on stealing your one eyed lover josephong bilong, successfully kidnaps her and is hell bent on making sure she never walks again by crippling her spine by inserting a lead rod hell bent on fulfilling the task for which it was created which is breaking the spine in order to enrage you, gaius thrace, and make you hell bent on playing this game.

phew. that was difficult to understand which is fair enough because it is a very complicated game and i give it 8/10

only joking. the graphics in timeshift are enough to make you remove your own eyes and upgrade them to HD to you can fully witness it in all its SD magnificance. true, doing this process is likely to leave you with perminant brain and retina damage but i assure you it is most worth it, i did it and now i can enjoy timeshitf in all its 18 digit glory. on some occasions the colours are so bright that they make you think youve been taking hard drugs via your veins, and sometimes it is necersary to strap your hands and legs down with belts so that you cannot harm yourself after seeing these colours. the colours are good i would give them 5/10

the sound is an experience you will not soon forget. as soon as you command your console to power on by issuing the voice "on" command, you are warmly greeted with death metal synth pop so much associated with this brand of games. the familiar dulcid tones of jonathan pearce warble out of the sound speakers and you feel immediately back at home as you shoot the asians in this game. i would give the noises 6/10

the most important part of this game has not even been touched on yet. the timeshifting. you do this by pressing, in succession, R1, X, O, Square, R2, R3, L3, and R1 again, as soon as you need to timeshift. this may sound complicated but it soon becomes second nature and by the end of the game when i no longer had the controller in my hand i became like a crack addict on his first month of rehab, sweating and convulsing like a joey deacon longing for the familiar thumb breaking art of timeshifting once more.

this is a very original game as it copies max payne in almost every way but it is for this reason and this reason alone that i heartily recommend it to all die hard fans of the series. i wont spoil the ending for you but by the time you reach josephong bilong she has already given birth and it turns out the baby is not yours.

9/10

j
Tue 28/10/08 at 15:36
Regular
you can get it from blockbuster for only £12.99 on xbox 360. just thought might be usefull to anyone going to buy it
Fri 25/04/08 at 22:57
Regular
"eat toast!"
currently playing the game. It isn't bad, being a solid fps game. But it doesn't seem to push the bounderies at all. If there was any game that could be used to identify a competent generic FPS game, this would be it. Its almost like a blue print for one: decent weapons, blasting action has slow mo and bullet time features, blood guts, gore, competant graphics, vehicles and turrets. It seems to have every FPS cliche.
Wed 16/04/08 at 21:09
Regular
"I like turtles"
For anyone interested its currently available for £12.99 on PS3:

http://www.choicesuk.com/Product.aspx/!828300?source=affwin

And £14.99 on Xbox 360:

http://www.choicesuk.com/product.aspx/!824631?cm_ven=A_Window&cm_cat=DVD&cm_pla=AFF&cm_ite=Feed&source=affwin

Just thought I would mention it.
Tue 15/04/08 at 16:01
Regular
"I like turtles"
[GAME]Timeshitf

You may want to check the spelling of that !.

Ive played it and filed it under 'yet another utterly forgettable 1st person shooter'.The slow down time 'Matrix style' feature was a cheap and unnecessary gimmick in my opinion and failed to mask this as anything other than a bland and unoriginal shooter.Call Of Duty 4 has totally raised the bar for these type of games and any FPS's will (for the moment at least),be compared to it.You can almost hear other game manufacturers shouting 'We've lost the lead'!!!!!.
Mon 14/04/08 at 01:02
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I played this game and it hurt me inside
Mon 14/04/08 at 00:05
Regular
"jermaine_southgate"
i feel you and i have grown close these past months, so i want to be honest with you. timeshift is an AMAZING game. let me go into each boring section of this review detail by detail so you fully understand just how this game is what i say.

you play gaius thrace, an ex australian marine hell bent on revenge after an evil arch government villain hell bent on stealing your one eyed lover josephong bilong, successfully kidnaps her and is hell bent on making sure she never walks again by crippling her spine by inserting a lead rod hell bent on fulfilling the task for which it was created which is breaking the spine in order to enrage you, gaius thrace, and make you hell bent on playing this game.

phew. that was difficult to understand which is fair enough because it is a very complicated game and i give it 8/10

only joking. the graphics in timeshift are enough to make you remove your own eyes and upgrade them to HD to you can fully witness it in all its SD magnificance. true, doing this process is likely to leave you with perminant brain and retina damage but i assure you it is most worth it, i did it and now i can enjoy timeshitf in all its 18 digit glory. on some occasions the colours are so bright that they make you think youve been taking hard drugs via your veins, and sometimes it is necersary to strap your hands and legs down with belts so that you cannot harm yourself after seeing these colours. the colours are good i would give them 5/10

the sound is an experience you will not soon forget. as soon as you command your console to power on by issuing the voice "on" command, you are warmly greeted with death metal synth pop so much associated with this brand of games. the familiar dulcid tones of jonathan pearce warble out of the sound speakers and you feel immediately back at home as you shoot the asians in this game. i would give the noises 6/10

the most important part of this game has not even been touched on yet. the timeshifting. you do this by pressing, in succession, R1, X, O, Square, R2, R3, L3, and R1 again, as soon as you need to timeshift. this may sound complicated but it soon becomes second nature and by the end of the game when i no longer had the controller in my hand i became like a crack addict on his first month of rehab, sweating and convulsing like a joey deacon longing for the familiar thumb breaking art of timeshifting once more.

this is a very original game as it copies max payne in almost every way but it is for this reason and this reason alone that i heartily recommend it to all die hard fans of the series. i wont spoil the ending for you but by the time you reach josephong bilong she has already given birth and it turns out the baby is not yours.

9/10

j

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.