GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC Gaming"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/11/00 at 11:27
Regular
Has anyone seen the new Philips PC, it is incorporated with a HiFi and looks absolutely fantastic. It is new ideas like this that mean that the PC has a lot of life left in it, some of the games are fantastic, Baldurs Gate, Diablo, The Sims, Sacrifice, with all the new consoles coming out it is easy to overlook the PC but it is still one of the best forms of entertainment around. If this topic has already been brought up then I'm sorry but I have been ill in hospital so I have missed all the latest discussions as I don't have much Internet access.
Tue 07/11/00 at 15:28
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
When you think about it, console gamers have been rather lucky in the upgrade stakes, haven't they? Imagine if consoles were upgraded every 12 months, the industry would be in a right state. Fortunately, I think the console manufacturers have bourne this in mind, which is probably why we've had to wait 5 years from the launch of the PS to get the PS2, unthinkable in PC terms. Having said this, it will only take one leap in silicon technology and then we'll be looking at 4th generation consoles within a year of that.
Tue 07/11/00 at 13:25
"possibly impossible"
PCs are, in their nature, work horses with an ability for home entertainment. This is what they are designed for and why they are so easily upgradeable. Unfortunately it's the games companies that seem to push pc component makers into upgrading their machines faster than a very fast thing on rollerskates, and this is where the problem lies with trying to sell PCs to the mainstream gaming audience.

Yes, there are some amazing PC games like Deus Ex and Halflife (among many others) but the problem is that you need the money to keep upgrading the things every few years if you ever want to keep up to date on the games scene.

I never understand how they can sell a product that becomes obsolete the moment you open the box. It's a shame because of the top quality games, but perhaps the X-box will solve that problem (or perhaps I should concentrate more on my consoles and leave the PC for my work!)
Tue 07/11/00 at 11:27
Has anyone seen the new Philips PC, it is incorporated with a HiFi and looks absolutely fantastic. It is new ideas like this that mean that the PC has a lot of life left in it, some of the games are fantastic, Baldurs Gate, Diablo, The Sims, Sacrifice, with all the new consoles coming out it is easy to overlook the PC but it is still one of the best forms of entertainment around. If this topic has already been brought up then I'm sorry but I have been ill in hospital so I have missed all the latest discussions as I don't have much Internet access.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.