GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GC/ROGUE LEADER FAULT?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/07/02 at 18:48
Regular
Appologies for the caps...

Anyway, after having been at home for the past 2 days playing Rogue Squadron for a while (a couple of hours here, and hour there), it's frozen on me about 4 times! (Frozen= screen freezes at random times, and monotonal pitch plays!)

Is this a game fault or a console one? Anyone got any info? If I could be bothered I'd ring Ninty...
Sun 14/07/02 at 15:13
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Ah, my apologies- I completely forgot we all use scart cables these days- obviously they are bidirectional!
Sat 13/07/02 at 14:19
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:

>
> However, you're thing about DETECTING whether the TV can play 60Hz IS
> complete nonsense- how on Earth would it do that?

Dunno, But it isn't nonsense it just happens. It's a clever little thing Nintendo added I guess.
I Tried it out you see, in case i was wrong, I plugged the GC into a scart 'portable non-60 hz TV' and "No" option at all appeared on-screen asking me do i want 60 hz or not, the game just came on as normal.
I tried it several times, even with Super Smash Bros Melee and still no option appeared- the game just appeared!
Then I took it and hooked the GC up to my 60hz Tv and Bingo, up came a "Do you want to display in 60hz" menu STRAIGHT AWAY! on both games!!
So...It does detect. Not a lot of people know that!
Fri 12/07/02 at 20:01
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I've had the screen freeze several times, and occasionally the display goes all flickery . I know it isn't a tv or scart problem as Burnout and Super Smash Bros both play fine on 60hz. Anyone else had the flickering thingy yet ? Anyway, form what I've read here, sounds like it's time to head down to Woolworths tomorrow morning with my Rogue Leader game and the receipt..... :)

~~Belldandy~~
Fri 12/07/02 at 19:07
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> Smeagol...
>
> In the run up to the GC's release EVERYONE in this forum was saying
> that you need only press B and the option would appear to play in
> 60Hz. So, the first time I played the console, I held down the button
> and the menu came up. Ever since then it seems to come up anyway, so I
> just assumed the the console "remembers" internally that
> you've done the 60Hz thing before and then asks whether you want to do
> it again.
>
> However, you're thing about DETECTING whether the TV can play 60Hz IS
> complete nonsense- how on Earth would it do that?
>
> ________________________________________________________
>
> Oh, I went to EB and they replaced the game btw.

Cool Sonic hope this one works for you . As i said mine in 60hz is fine mine you I was surprised my TV was compattable with 60hz
Fri 12/07/02 at 18:49
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Smeagol...

In the run up to the GC's release EVERYONE in this forum was saying that you need only press B and the option would appear to play in 60Hz. So, the first time I played the console, I held down the button and the menu came up. Ever since then it seems to come up anyway, so I just assumed the the console "remembers" internally that you've done the 60Hz thing before and then asks whether you want to do it again.

However, you're thing about DETECTING whether the TV can play 60Hz IS complete nonsense- how on Earth would it do that?

Oh, I went to EB and they replaced the game btw.
Wed 10/07/02 at 23:29
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Sonicrav, have you REALLY got this game at all????
It's just you have me puzzled with your statement by saying you have to "Hit B to get 60hz".
What a load of nonsense. Anyone who has this game and a compatible 60hz TV "Will know" that a menu appears before the Lucas Arts Logo asking you the following in MASSIVE LETTERS "Would you like the display in 60hz mode? YES?/NO?". You don't hit a thing to bring it up!!!!!
It is also the same situation with Super Smash Bros. Certain games "Detect" whether you have a compatible TV or not and automaticly ask you to switch over (Like Smash Bros and RL) which isn't too bad!
Geez.
Wed 10/07/02 at 21:00
Regular
I think I remember reading about this problem on another forum somewhere. Apparrently a couple of batches of disks are dodgy - I doubt it's your hardware.
Wed 10/07/02 at 18:45
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Phoned them. It's a problem that several people have had. Although it's most likely a game fault, there is the chance that the console is at fault when trying to do something that only this game does...

I'll ring EB tomorrow and see if they'll replace it- after all, I bought it at launch!
Mon 08/07/02 at 17:41
I switched to 60hz Sonicrav and there still wasnt any real problems I wondering if your disk is slightly scratched.
Sun 07/07/02 at 23:05
rouge leader works fine for me to, never had a problem even after hours of solid play. its one of the best games ever

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.