GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Machina II: The Friends And Enemies Of Modern Music"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/07/02 at 18:40
Regular
Does anybody know where I can download this from?

I have Machina, and it is absoloutely superb, and this sounds cool, so any help is welcome.
Sat 06/07/02 at 15:53
Regular
"And the 7 Duffs"
Smashing.
Thu 04/07/02 at 23:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
T.h.e.y R.u.l.e

Simple.
Thu 04/07/02 at 17:33
Regular
"And the 7 Duffs"
Cyclone; My pleasure. And yeah, around the time of Adore they sacked Jimmy Chamberlain because of his increasingly extensive drug problems, meaning that he doesn't actually appear on that album. I was pleased, however, to see that he was invited back for Machina, as he is an excellent drummer.
Have you seen the photos of him post-Machina? He must have had one hell of a detox, because he's short, fat and shaven! Heh.

Rosalind; I don't know whats on Before the Beginning, as I just saw it on SmashingPumpkins.com in the 'Music' section.
It's anybodys guess.
Thu 04/07/02 at 09:07
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I certainly prefer Siamese Dream - Today, Soma, and the amazing Silverfuck sway that for me..................Adore is excellent, just nothing too special. To Sheile is a beautiful track, and in general the album is good, but not as good as the others, as the band was in trouble at the time.

Thanks for the help!
Wed 03/07/02 at 21:51
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Dr Giblets wrote:
> Cheers, Rosalind. Its nice to find two people who like the Pumpkins as
> much as I do.
> I saw Machina II on ebay for £8.00 on the 'Buy it Now' thingy.
> I think I might buy it. Now.
> I also may be forced to get Aeroplane Flies High and Before the
> Beginning and After the End, if only to complete my Smashing Pumpkins
> education.
> Mint.

Yeah, thats what I paid for it, Its probably the same seller, because she keeps relisting it.

I have never seen before the beginning and after the end for sale, do you know what they have on them?
Wed 03/07/02 at 21:40
Regular
"And the 7 Duffs"
By the way;
I agree that Adore is great, although there does not seem to be the usual classic song names.... (i.e the rather poorly titled 'To Sheila', 'For Martha'& 'Annie-Dog')
Having said that, 'For Martha' is a fantastic song, as are most on this album.

Well, i'm off now. See ya......
Wed 03/07/02 at 21:34
Regular
"And the 7 Duffs"
Cheers, Rosalind. Its nice to find two people who like the Pumpkins as much as I do.
I saw Machina II on ebay for £8.00 on the 'Buy it Now' thingy.
I think I might buy it. Now.
I also may be forced to get Aeroplane Flies High and Before the Beginning and After the End, if only to complete my Smashing Pumpkins education.
Mint.
Wed 03/07/02 at 21:14
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Dr Giblets wrote:
> You've got all the same albums as me! Spooky....
> I'd like to hear Pisces Iscariot, which is a collection of B-Sides and
> unreleased tracks,

I've got this, It's okay but not the best they have done, not a patch on their album tracks

which is apparantly quite good. On their website it
> mentions some recordings called 'Before the Beginning' and 'The
> Aeroplane Flies High' (??)

Aeroplane flies high is a collection of all of the B sides and some extra tracks from the mellon collie album. You can get a bootleg on ebay for around £15 whereas the original boxset goes for in excess of forty. My copy arrives sometime next week :).

which I haven't seen in any shops.

you can't buy either of them in the shops anymore. they have both been deleted

> Siamese Dream is hotly contested with Mellon Collie as their best, as
> I just can't decide which one I like more (most people, including you,
> it seems, view Siamese Dream as their best).
> What do you think of Adore?
>

I like Mellon Collie the best. Love is the best track, but Adore is very under rated and is also a brilliant album

> And it must be said that the Smashing Pumpkins are one of the greatest
> bands of all time.

you can download machina 2 but it is hard to find . Try www.spfc.org.
and I can tell you its equally as good as machina if not better!
Wed 03/07/02 at 20:49
Regular
"And the 7 Duffs"
You've got all the same albums as me! Spooky....
I'd like to hear Pisces Iscariot, which is a collection of B-Sides and unreleased tracks, which is apparantly quite good. On their website it mentions some recordings called 'Before the Beginning' and 'The Aeroplane Flies High' (??) which I haven't seen in any shops.
Siamese Dream is hotly contested with Mellon Collie as their best, as I just can't decide which one I like more (most people, including you, it seems, view Siamese Dream as their best).
What do you think of Adore?

And it must be said that the Smashing Pumpkins are one of the greatest bands of all time.
Wed 03/07/02 at 19:15
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Cheers!

I have Adore, Gish, Siamese Dream (The best!) Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness, and Machina.

I want MORE!!!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.