GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Roberto Carlos wants Ronaldo at Real Madrid"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/07/02 at 12:06
Regular
Taken from Football365, thought this might be interesting as Real Madrid already have quality players.

Roberto Carlos is desperate to get Real Madrid to buy his Brazil team-mate Ronaldo.

"I will meet club president Florentino Perez and I will try to convince him that Real Madrid have to buy Ronaldo," the defender told Onefootball.

And Ronaldo's Brazil strike partner Rivaldo is already drooling at the prospect. "A team with him Zidane, Raul, Roberto Carlos and Figo would be something else," said the Barcelona star.

Ronaldo returned to the Inter side last season, after over two-and-a-half years out with a knee injury that threatened to end his career, and scored seven goals in ten Serie A games as the Nerazzurri narrowly missed out on the Scudetto.

Inter president Massimo Moratti hinted before the World Cup that he might be prepared to sell the striker, but he is now keen for the Ronaldo to repay the faith and patience shown towards him during his recovery.

Ronaldo's priorities, however, seem to lie elsewhere. "My future is a victory in the 2004 Olympic Games," he said when asked what he is now aiming for after winning the World Cup.

Moratti was hoping Ronaldo's quest for glory might have been more focused on his club. "Like all Inter fans, I was greatly moved by his success, but now he has a duty to win us the Scudetto," Moratti said on Monday.

Ronaldo is under contract at Inter until 2004 and is on a salary of £3 million a season, but his advisor Martins remains optimistic that Inter will be willing to renegotiate. "It would be a wonderful signal if Inter decided to increase Ronaldo's salary," he said.

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez, meanwhile, revealed last week that he will not be tempted into a move for Ronaldo because he is still not convinced the Brazilian has fully recovered from his knee injury.

"He is a good player but he has been troubled for four years with injury, and I have doubts about how he will perform in the future," he said. "We haven't talked with him or about him," Perez added.
Fri 12/07/02 at 21:34
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Or†ega wrote:
> £3M isnt that much though considering he is Ronaldo. Batistuta
> is on £5M+ a year at Roma. And he can hardly kick a ball
> straight these days...

---

Take out 'straight' there.
Mon 08/07/02 at 02:47
"~do i look funny?~"
If real madrid get ronaldo and he stays on top form? EUROPE BETTER WATCH OUT!
Wed 03/07/02 at 22:08
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
James Pond wrote:
> John Arne Riise wrote:
> I don't think that Real are in debt anymore as someone bought there
> ground or something like that and Barcelona were outraged by it.
>
> The reason they could afford their ground was because the Spainish
> Government brought their Training Ground for about £150 Million
> a year ago and so can afford to spend that money on the ground.

That was what I meant. I didn't realise that they bought their ground but I knew that someone had bought either their training ground or the stadium relieving them of their debts.
Wed 03/07/02 at 21:03
Regular
"Great Scott's"
John Arne Riise wrote:
I don't think that Real are in debt anymore as someone bought there ground or something like that and Barcelona were outraged by it.

The reason they could afford their ground was because the Spainish Government brought their Training Ground for about £150 Million a year ago and so can afford to spend that money on the ground.
Wed 03/07/02 at 17:20
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
Solskjãr wrote:
> I recall Real saying something a while back....
> I heard on Sky Sports News that they plan to buy one World Class
> player every year - following-on from the last 2 years with Figo and
> Zidane.
>
> They also said that they wanted to get Owen this year, but there's
> nothing he can do that Ronaldo can't!!
>
> And Real are being linked with Ronaldo every year now.
> It's gotta happen sooner or later if he wants to go.
> And I believe there are still in debt in the region of £150-200
> million!!
>
> But just like the Italians, they can STILL go-on to splash the cash
> like there's no tommorow!!!

I don't think that Real are in debt anymore as someone bought there ground or something like that and Barcelona were outraged by it.
Wed 03/07/02 at 16:49
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I recall Real saying something a while back....
I heard on Sky Sports News that they plan to buy one World Class player every year - following-on from the last 2 years with Figo and Zidane.

They also said that they wanted to get Owen this year, but there's nothing he can do that Ronaldo can't!!

And Real are being linked with Ronaldo every year now.
It's gotta happen sooner or later if he wants to go.
And I believe there are still in debt in the region of £150-200 million!!

But just like the Italians, they can STILL go-on to splash the cash like there's no tommorow!!!
Wed 03/07/02 at 15:08
Regular
"Baros!!!"
It gets to me how they still buy star players, even though they are in debt.
Wed 03/07/02 at 14:02
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I reckon the injury thing is just an excuse. Everyone knows that Real Madrid have huge debts and have transfer listed numerous players to try and clear some of those debts.
Wed 03/07/02 at 13:59
"Darkness, always"
That said though, it could be argued that injury is a given risk in football, a risk the clubs have to accept to encourage the better players...

Bah, they get paid too much anyway.
Wed 03/07/02 at 13:32
Regular
"Great Scott's"
Foreman wrote:
> What could they have done to stop him from getting the money while he
> was injured?

Nothing, Inter Milan had to pay him while he is injured. Just saying that you were working for a company and you got injured and was expected not to work for a 1 year, they would be forced to pay your wages known as Sick Pay. This happens in Football as well.

The way to stop paying while a player is injured is to either wait for his contract to expire and then release him or put him up for transfer but nobody is going to take a risk in buying an injury prone player are they.

But some players are not as greedy as Ronaldo. Fernando Redondo moved to AC Milan in 2000/01 and in the first training session he picked up a long term injury putting him out for the full season. He then decided that he would take a pay cut, so reducing the financial burden on Milan as he is on about 40,000 a week. He was payed just enough to live on for that year and i believe that this is what top players who get long term injuries should do, as they don't deserve the BIG wages if they are just sitting on the sidelines and doing nothing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.