GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This month's demo disc"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/07/02 at 23:04
Regular
Quite a good one I think.

The "Halo: Untold Story" is indepth and interesting - there's lots of footage that was eventually taken out of the final game.

-The footage of Morrowind looks excellent - can't wait for that one.
-Steel Battalion looks like one of the strangest games I've ever seen - I don't really know why but it appeals to me.
-But of course Crazy Taxi 3 is the one which interested me most - all I can say is: roll on October.
Thu 04/07/02 at 23:56
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I can't enter the Max Payne or Crash Bandicoot ones because, strangly I can't find any digital clocks in my house.

I'm sure I did it under 5 minutes when I tried it quickly. Just don't use Bullet time at all and keep running to your next goal. I have the full game so its a shame I can't enter the challange coz I think I would have had a shot at it.
Thu 04/07/02 at 21:39
Regular
"accidental superher"
is anyone going to do the max payne challenge
i can do the whole level they give in about 5 mins (with loading times included)
haven't really timed myself properly
Thu 04/07/02 at 20:03
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Do any of you enter, or try the game challanges every month with the disk?

I entered this month and got a score of over 400,000 on Dark Summit and one minute 36 seconds on JSRF I think.

HA, beat that, or rather don't so then I win. :)
Thu 04/07/02 at 14:10
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Have you ever played the Mechwarrior games ? If you have then its a lot like that. If not then basically its a Mech simulator game where your inside the mech's cockpit. The graphics are looking amazing, some of the best graphics you'll have seen on the X-Box so far.

To add to the experience, Capcom have made a special contoller for the game which is basically like 2ft long with buttons, levers and even pedals too. So this gives you that extra feel that your controlling a monster size mech. Thing is, like steering wheels, this will bump up the price of the game to just under £100. So it really comes down to how much of a fan you are of mech games. I'll definatly be getting it but thats because I love mech games. I know a few others that want to buy the game too so it seems to be picking up interest despite the price tag.
Thu 04/07/02 at 12:40
Regular
What exactly is this steel battalion neways?
Thu 04/07/02 at 12:16
Regular
"accidental superher"
Nomad_Soul wrote:
> savatt1668 wrote:
> Steel Battalion is one of the biggest games I'm looking forward to
> this side of Christmas. :-)
>
> *
>
> Do you know if the game can be played with the normal controller,
> because that huge seperate control deck thingy is gonna cost about 60
> quid?

you HAVE to buy the controller to play it....which is why there won't be many copies released or bought as it will cost a bomb...
Thu 04/07/02 at 00:35
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
beanz wrote:
> i don't have max payne on the xbox (had it on the pc and ps2 at one point) and i have to say that the best version is on the PC....(as long as you have an ok pc) cos of the ability to increase res and increase detail...and also there is only one big load per chapter rather than loadsa little ones which breaks up the action

I own Max Panye on th Xbox and I played the demo of it just to see how much of the game they gave you, and the demo has bits missing. There is no blood, no screems from the bad guys, no cutscenes. Not hearing the funny convos that take place between the bad dudes makes it loose alot of the atmosphere.

I havn't played the PC version, so I can't comment on which is better.
Wed 03/07/02 at 22:05
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I think the controller is gonna have to be bought Nomad. Theres like 40 buttons on it apparently so I can't see the normal X-Box controller being able to cope with everything.
Wed 03/07/02 at 17:36
Regular
"accidental superher"
i don't know whether any of you noticed but at the end of the morrowind video it says that the footage was from the pc version....
dvd was ok...
i don't have max payne on the xbox (had it on the pc and ps2 at one point) and i have to say that the best version is on the PC....(as long as you have an ok pc) cos of the ability to increase res and increase detail...and also there is only one big load per chapter rather than loadsa little ones which breaks up the action
Wed 03/07/02 at 13:13
Regular
savatt1668 wrote:
> Steel Battalion is one of the biggest games I'm looking forward to
> this side of Christmas. :-)

Do you know if the game can be played with the normal controller, because that huge seperate control deck thingy is gonna cost about 60 quid?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.