GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Legend Of Zelda - A Legend Being Killed"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/07/02 at 21:41
Regular
I own an N64. One of the best games I have ever played was an N64 game. I believe many people would know it as Legend Of Zelda - Ocarina Of Time. It is brilliant. The Gorons are a joy to try and slash. Anyways, I then bought Majora's Mask forking out about £60 for the game and the expansion pak (which I could only find boxed with Donkey Kong for a very reasonable £20 here) and found that it was very much like the first game, but maybe slightly worse. But it's the graphics that make it so appealing. The I read N64 magazine and have a look at Zelda on the Gamecube......
MASSACRED. ABSOLUTELY MASSACRED. WHAT THE HELL ARE THOSE JAPANESE THINKING? IM NOT 4. The graphics look good but the design of Link..... what happened? Did they decide Link should be trapped in a cartoon world a la the Wishmaster or whatever that Macauly Culkin film was. Actually, I think Wishmaster was a Wes Carven film but to hell with it, THE GAME LOOKS BAD, REAL BAD. For this reason, I opted for a PS2. And bought MGS2. And was pleasured. Oh yeah, it does that. Its THAT good. That game was, for me, what Gamecube's selling point centred around. It made millions before. My brother told me it was the fastest selling game in the world at one point. Though that may have been about 4 years ago. But it was loved by everyone. Even those who couldnt get past the Water Temple and suffered the indignity of not being able to complete the best game ever, at the time.
Now, the Gamecube shows us this. And, as a loyal N64 fan as I once was, I swapped to Sony's PS2. GameCube is just not strong enough to compete. Luigi's Mansion doesnt look great, Pikmin looks odd, and now Zelda looks kiddy. GameCube for me isnt doing a whole lot right. On the other hand, Xbox is on fire with Halo being seen as THE game to have. So that shows XBox with Halo. PS2 with Metal Gear Solid 2. And GameCube with..... erm, with...... What have they got? NOTHING. Thats your answer.
If only Zelda was kept the same with a better story and easier gameplay to get you into it AND was released as a launch title, Nintendo would eb laughing. As it is, I can see them following Dreamcast down that very slippery road. Sega, one of the biggest ever games maker, has now been forced to make games for other consoles. Nintendo seem to be heading the same way after the split of the Rare team, their best developers, and now this.
Can GameCube be saved? Because the majority of people think their next console is between Xbox and PS2. GameCube comes into it not......
Tue 02/07/02 at 21:41
I own an N64. One of the best games I have ever played was an N64 game. I believe many people would know it as Legend Of Zelda - Ocarina Of Time. It is brilliant. The Gorons are a joy to try and slash. Anyways, I then bought Majora's Mask forking out about £60 for the game and the expansion pak (which I could only find boxed with Donkey Kong for a very reasonable £20 here) and found that it was very much like the first game, but maybe slightly worse. But it's the graphics that make it so appealing. The I read N64 magazine and have a look at Zelda on the Gamecube......
MASSACRED. ABSOLUTELY MASSACRED. WHAT THE HELL ARE THOSE JAPANESE THINKING? IM NOT 4. The graphics look good but the design of Link..... what happened? Did they decide Link should be trapped in a cartoon world a la the Wishmaster or whatever that Macauly Culkin film was. Actually, I think Wishmaster was a Wes Carven film but to hell with it, THE GAME LOOKS BAD, REAL BAD. For this reason, I opted for a PS2. And bought MGS2. And was pleasured. Oh yeah, it does that. Its THAT good. That game was, for me, what Gamecube's selling point centred around. It made millions before. My brother told me it was the fastest selling game in the world at one point. Though that may have been about 4 years ago. But it was loved by everyone. Even those who couldnt get past the Water Temple and suffered the indignity of not being able to complete the best game ever, at the time.
Now, the Gamecube shows us this. And, as a loyal N64 fan as I once was, I swapped to Sony's PS2. GameCube is just not strong enough to compete. Luigi's Mansion doesnt look great, Pikmin looks odd, and now Zelda looks kiddy. GameCube for me isnt doing a whole lot right. On the other hand, Xbox is on fire with Halo being seen as THE game to have. So that shows XBox with Halo. PS2 with Metal Gear Solid 2. And GameCube with..... erm, with...... What have they got? NOTHING. Thats your answer.
If only Zelda was kept the same with a better story and easier gameplay to get you into it AND was released as a launch title, Nintendo would eb laughing. As it is, I can see them following Dreamcast down that very slippery road. Sega, one of the biggest ever games maker, has now been forced to make games for other consoles. Nintendo seem to be heading the same way after the split of the Rare team, their best developers, and now this.
Can GameCube be saved? Because the majority of people think their next console is between Xbox and PS2. GameCube comes into it not......
Tue 02/07/02 at 21:46
Regular
Go home
Tue 02/07/02 at 21:53
Regular
Hmmm...

You're not so experienced are you...

If you think that Zelda was all about it's graphics then you didn't know it so well. And besides, the new Zelda graphics are fantastic.

I understand where you're coming from because in still screenshots, they do look a bit basic and crap. See them in action though, and you'll see the smoothest animation around.
You shouldn't have pre-judged a game without playing it.

Luigi's Mansion is no Mario 64, but it's not meant to be.
Pikmin DOES look odd, but didn't FPS games first look odd?
If people had ditched them because they were odd, would we now have Goldeneye and Halo?

Pikmin may LOOK odd, but when you play it, you quickly find that it's one of the best games ever. They only gripe I have is that it's a bit short.

Besides, what's wrong with the rest of the Gamecube launch?
Smash Brothers is fantastic (best multiplayer game around), along with other great games like Monkey ball and Rogue Leader.
It even got the cream of PS2 games in the form of Tony Hawks and Burnout.

And if the launch wasn't enough, from this September, with the likes of Mario Sunshine, Resident Evil, Starfox Adventures, Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime and many more GC exclusive AAA titles, I'd say that out of all 3 consoles, the Gamecube's future is the brightest.

And that's NOT just because it's games are more colourful! :-D
Tue 02/07/02 at 21:58
Regular
the pieman wrote:
> I own an N64. One of the best games I have ever played was an N64
> game. I believe many people would know it as Legend Of Zelda - Ocarina
> Of Time. It is brilliant.

One of the best games ever.

Zelda on the Gamecube......
> MASSACRED. ABSOLUTELY MASSACRED. WHAT THE HELL ARE THOSE JAPANESE
> THINKING?

That was my first reaction, but give it a chance.

>IM NOT 4.

No, but your an idiot.

>The graphics look good

They're fantastic! Have you seen a video yet?

but the design of Link.....

I agree (slightly), I think Link could look slight better, but it definatly isn't below average.

> what happened? Did they decide Link should be trapped in a cartoon
> world

No, they decided to try a different style of graphics to make it look a bit more interesting.

> it, THE GAME LOOKS BAD, REAL BAD.

err...you just said the graphics were good. And it doesn't look bad, it looks stunning, seen the video of the bit where it's raining?

>For this reason, I opted for a PS2.

Christ...

> And bought MGS2. And was pleasured. Oh yeah, it does that. Its THAT
> good.

Yes, it's a good film err game, sorry a good game, the whole two hours of it you actually play...

>Luigi's Mansion doesnt look great,

Pillock! Play it!!

>Pikmin looks odd,

PLAY IT!!

> Zelda looks kiddy.

No it doesn't!! It looks amazing! Only immature 'wanna be tough guy' brain dead 14-17 year old idiots thinks it's kiddy.

>GameCube for me isnt doing a whole lot right.

Well that isn't surprising considering you've never actually given one a chance to do anything.

On
> the other hand, Xbox is on fire with Halo being seen as THE game to
> have. So that shows XBox with Halo.

Oh yay....one game...and a lot of people now are saying its far too over hyped and gets tedious after a while...

PS2 with Metal Gear Solid 2.

Yay, one (very short) game.

> GameCube with..... erm, with...... What have they got? NOTHING. Thats
> your answer.

No, thats the anti-Ninteno idiots answer.

> If only Zelda was kept the same with a better story and easier
> gameplay to get you into it AND was released as a launch title,
> Nintendo would eb laughing.

*sigh* We'll be laughing when it's released next year and you got tired of your precious MGS2 after about a week.

the split of the Rare
> team, their best developers, and now this.

What the hell? Rare haven't split you idiot. God your stupid.

> Can GameCube be saved?

hmm...I don't think it needs to be saved, it's beating the X-box by over 2:1...
Tue 02/07/02 at 22:09
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Microgarlicbread wrote:
> Go home

So....subtle, yet gets the point out.

;)
Tue 02/07/02 at 22:20
Regular
You Microfoods seem to think along the same lines... :-D
Tue 02/07/02 at 22:24
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Hehe!

He copied my name! He copied my name!

*points and stares*

;)
Tue 02/07/02 at 22:33
Regular
"keep your receipt"
ok i read the first 10 seconds or so of that post and then realised what kind of person you are. You're probably one of those people that thinks Kylie is fit or something. Pffffff.
Wed 03/07/02 at 11:14
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
ok, i am in no way saying that wot he sed about nintendo was right, cos it was totally wrong...............but wot he sed about rare splitting is slightly right. some of the goldeneye development team left rare to form their own company, called 'free radical' i think. they are doin timesplitters2 i think, or it might be the new die hard i cant remember, all i do know is that rare DID sort of split a while back, but they HAVE done plenty of quality games since then, and i think rare are the best developers out there, so dont start having a go at me now plz! :-D
Wed 03/07/02 at 16:21
Regular
"DS..."
*sigh* what a cack topic, zelda on the Gc is by far the most innovative, imaginative and awe inspiring games ever made, you can't judge a game just by it's looks you have to actually PLAY the game in order to actually understand it, I suggest you forget about this topic title and write another one titled "The legend Of Zelda - A Legend Reborn" much better if i do say so myself :)

slik ~_~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.