GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Desert Island Discs"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/07/02 at 19:33
Regular
Call it a GAD attempt, I don't care...but please, actually DO reply to this properly. You may know of the radio show Desert Island Discs...well, let's say you were going to be stranded on a desert island with all the consoles, from the tiny Pokemon Mini to the HUGE XBOX. And a brand new top-end PC. Which FIVE games would you take, and why? These games can only be out right now, by the way...but as in my first pick, you can have imported games. Oh, and NO INTERNET.

1. Winning Eleven 6 / Pro Evolution 2 (Japanese PS2)
Well, this is the game I have been playing a LOT recently (the original, anyway) and the sequel is even better. Big Master League with tonnes of stuff in it like cups, and an extra division, plus a new set-piece system to tackle. I love PES, and it's good for a quick blast, or a long session.

2. Championship Manager 01-02 (PC)
Another football title, with a pretty much unlimited lifespan. I doubt I'd get bored at all with it, actually. You all know the drill, it's just crazily in-depth. And brilliant.

3. Super Mario 64 (N64)
I actually just bought this, and it's amazing. I'd put it right up there, even better than Spyro: Year of the Dragon (which is grossly, may I repeat, GROSSLY underrated). And as I'm only just up to that hallway where Peach's picture is (I won't spoil the next bit, but suffice to say I ALMOST CRAPPED MYSELF) I would have loads more.

4. Halo (XBOX)
I was gonna say Perfect Dark, seeing as I've only completed it on the first setting...but this is supposed to be even better, and from the little I've played in deathmatches, it'd be a great reliever of stress. Bots for multiplayer games without the 'multi players' bit, and story mode I haven't even touched. Great.

5. Grand Theft Auto 3 (PC)
I say PC only because it's got a few improvements over the PS2 version. I still haven't beaten all the missions, and it's got so much stuff in it, not to mention you can SNIPE PEOPLE'S LIMBS OFF! AHAHAHA!

So, yeah. What are your Desert Island Discs?
Tue 02/07/02 at 21:34
Regular
"95% organic"
Civilisation 3 (PC)
GTA3 (PS2)
Capcom vs SNK 2 (Dreamcast)
Virtua Fighter 4 (PS2)
Some kind of complicated top-range flight sim (Presumeably there'd be alot of time to kill)
Tue 02/07/02 at 20:09
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
cookie monster wrote:
> Ive posted so many top 5ives its lost all meaning.

How can you say that? Think deep into your heart of the five games that have evoked the most emotion...that have appealed to those deepest of places inside your mind...

And post them in here with the reasons =D
Tue 02/07/02 at 20:04
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
El Swandre wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> Sorry but i dont know how many times ive seen this before.
>
> Heh, well I haven't. And if I don't see it, it's not illegal! Cmon, do
> it anyway...for me?

Ive posted so many top 5ives its lost all meaning.
Tue 02/07/02 at 19:36
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
cookie monster wrote:
> Sorry but i dont know how many times ive seen this before.

Heh, well I haven't. And if I don't see it, it's not illegal! Cmon, do it anyway...for me?
Tue 02/07/02 at 19:34
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Sorry but i dont know how many times ive seen this before.
Tue 02/07/02 at 19:33
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Call it a GAD attempt, I don't care...but please, actually DO reply to this properly. You may know of the radio show Desert Island Discs...well, let's say you were going to be stranded on a desert island with all the consoles, from the tiny Pokemon Mini to the HUGE XBOX. And a brand new top-end PC. Which FIVE games would you take, and why? These games can only be out right now, by the way...but as in my first pick, you can have imported games. Oh, and NO INTERNET.

1. Winning Eleven 6 / Pro Evolution 2 (Japanese PS2)
Well, this is the game I have been playing a LOT recently (the original, anyway) and the sequel is even better. Big Master League with tonnes of stuff in it like cups, and an extra division, plus a new set-piece system to tackle. I love PES, and it's good for a quick blast, or a long session.

2. Championship Manager 01-02 (PC)
Another football title, with a pretty much unlimited lifespan. I doubt I'd get bored at all with it, actually. You all know the drill, it's just crazily in-depth. And brilliant.

3. Super Mario 64 (N64)
I actually just bought this, and it's amazing. I'd put it right up there, even better than Spyro: Year of the Dragon (which is grossly, may I repeat, GROSSLY underrated). And as I'm only just up to that hallway where Peach's picture is (I won't spoil the next bit, but suffice to say I ALMOST CRAPPED MYSELF) I would have loads more.

4. Halo (XBOX)
I was gonna say Perfect Dark, seeing as I've only completed it on the first setting...but this is supposed to be even better, and from the little I've played in deathmatches, it'd be a great reliever of stress. Bots for multiplayer games without the 'multi players' bit, and story mode I haven't even touched. Great.

5. Grand Theft Auto 3 (PC)
I say PC only because it's got a few improvements over the PS2 version. I still haven't beaten all the missions, and it's got so much stuff in it, not to mention you can SNIPE PEOPLE'S LIMBS OFF! AHAHAHA!

So, yeah. What are your Desert Island Discs?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.