GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ISS NIGGLES"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/07/02 at 17:26
Regular
Sorry to be a bit of a moan but I’ve been having a bit of a long session on ISS and I’ve nearly ended up snapping it in half because of the annoying niggles in it. For example…

1.If you’re running in turbo, it takes an age for the player to pass or shoot because he keeps running in turbo for no reason, even if you’ve taken your finger of the button.

2.If you’re running for a loose ball with a defender, if they get there first, your player pauses for bloody ages after they get the ball and doesn’t carry on trying to get the ball, that is so annoying.

3.The refereeing is very inconsistent, you can be yellow carded for getting the ball cleanly, and then you can floor a player from behind, getting nowhere near the ball, and get away with it.

4.I’m struggling now – the commentary is $hite… we all know the wooden speech is shocking but when they say the score is goalless when you’ve won by a couple of goals it’s a bit pathetic.

I’m not saying the game is crap, far from it. It is still the benchmark for all footie games to come, and miles better than the fifa series, I’m just pi*sed off with these niggles and I just wanted them off my chest! You can call me a moany backside if you like, but I’m sure other ISS players will agree they need to iron out these problems to make the game perfect.

Thanks for reading, MCH
Tue 02/07/02 at 17:26
"`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·"
Sorry to be a bit of a moan but I’ve been having a bit of a long session on ISS and I’ve nearly ended up snapping it in half because of the annoying niggles in it. For example…

1.If you’re running in turbo, it takes an age for the player to pass or shoot because he keeps running in turbo for no reason, even if you’ve taken your finger of the button.

2.If you’re running for a loose ball with a defender, if they get there first, your player pauses for bloody ages after they get the ball and doesn’t carry on trying to get the ball, that is so annoying.

3.The refereeing is very inconsistent, you can be yellow carded for getting the ball cleanly, and then you can floor a player from behind, getting nowhere near the ball, and get away with it.

4.I’m struggling now – the commentary is $hite… we all know the wooden speech is shocking but when they say the score is goalless when you’ve won by a couple of goals it’s a bit pathetic.

I’m not saying the game is crap, far from it. It is still the benchmark for all footie games to come, and miles better than the fifa series, I’m just pi*sed off with these niggles and I just wanted them off my chest! You can call me a moany backside if you like, but I’m sure other ISS players will agree they need to iron out these problems to make the game perfect.

Thanks for reading, MCH
Tue 02/07/02 at 17:53
Regular
"Bobba you"
The commernrty is very poor i must admitt. It says "what a shot!" When it was a crap tap in the back of the net.

But ISS2 is much better.
Tue 02/07/02 at 19:49
Regular
"Steve-O RuleZ"
Stop muckin' around with ISS, get Pro Evo Soccer or wait until October and snap up Pro Evo 2!!!! Their real football games!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.