GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GetDotted.com domains - not competitively priced"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/07/02 at 12:48
Regular
I've just been looking at buying some domains, and the GetDotted prices are not particularly competitive - particularly on .uk domains.

For example, you have .co.uk and .me.uk domains at £15.99 + VAT for two years, whereas a certain other registrar (who I won't mention here) have them for £2.95 per year + VAT, or £5.90 + VAT (£6.93) for two years.

Others, such as .com, you have for £25.99 + VAT for two years, whereas this other company has them for £9 per year + VAT, or £21.15 inc. VAT for two years.

Okay, you do offer discounts for simultaneous purchases, but these prices from the other site are for single domains.

Just thought you may like to know, in case you want to consider lowering some of your prices.
Sun 07/07/02 at 12:18
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Do Freeola still charge £10 to transfer a domain away?

heh... thats a remarably good idea
Tue 02/07/02 at 14:12
"High polygon count"
Garin wrote:
> No such thing as free in life, didn't you know? :)

Heh, yeah... don't I know it! :-)
Tue 02/07/02 at 14:12
"High polygon count"
Fog wrote:
> How many e-mail accounts do you get with Freeola?

Unlimited - but so are many others.

> They are very good prices considering you get unlimited space!!

You only get unlimited space because you have to upload via dial-up, so no-one is going to upload massive files.

Notice that the new Freeola ADSL package - where you can upload larger files because of the speed - is restricted to just 25Mb of webspace!

I presume that a paid package for existing broadband customers (if it ever happens!) will be similar, so I'm currently considering the FastHosts personal account.

Do Freeola still charge £10 to transfer a domain away?
Tue 02/07/02 at 14:02
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> But the hosting is supposedly free! You get the same options with the
> Freeola1000 web addresses too.

No such thing as free in life, didn't you know? :)
They're just making you pay for the hosting in other ways, bit extra on the domains, traffic on their site (which can in term lead you to buying something). The hosting is just a loss leader of sorts really.

-G
Tue 02/07/02 at 13:48
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
How many e-mail accounts do you get with Freeola?
They are very good prices considering you get unlimited space!! and php, they seem like very good prices.
UKreg.co.uk has domains for around £2 for 2 years!! but no hosting.
Tue 02/07/02 at 13:47
"High polygon count"
But the hosting is supposedly free! You get the same options with the Freeola1000 web addresses too.
Tue 02/07/02 at 13:23
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
But also, take into account that hosting comes with it. Where as some others only have pointers on the Domain.
Tue 02/07/02 at 12:48
"High polygon count"
I've just been looking at buying some domains, and the GetDotted prices are not particularly competitive - particularly on .uk domains.

For example, you have .co.uk and .me.uk domains at £15.99 + VAT for two years, whereas a certain other registrar (who I won't mention here) have them for £2.95 per year + VAT, or £5.90 + VAT (£6.93) for two years.

Others, such as .com, you have for £25.99 + VAT for two years, whereas this other company has them for £9 per year + VAT, or £21.15 inc. VAT for two years.

Okay, you do offer discounts for simultaneous purchases, but these prices from the other site are for single domains.

Just thought you may like to know, in case you want to consider lowering some of your prices.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.