GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SRW Freefall Euro title match - Goldust (DW) (c) V D-Von (Rickoss)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/07/02 at 22:35
Regular
It seems like we have a video of Goldust in preparation for this match.

“So the challenge has been laid. D-Von Dudley will face the bizarre one for my European championship. I would like to say congratulations to you but this match is where the winning stops. This is where your ‘dreams’ will be ‘shattered’! This is where the curtain comes down at the end of your performance, where you have nothing left to give because at the end of the match, you will remember the name… GOLDUST!”

Fireworks explode and out comes D-Von (Rickoss) spinning around. D-Von is a proven tag team wrestler but does he have what it takes to be an established singles wrestler?

The arena goes dark and gold spotlights flash around. Gold glitter comes down and out walks Goldust (DW). He is in no rush to get into the ring and is just enjoying feeling himself in his usual manner.

D-Von looks a little nervous so we will have to see how this match plays out. The bell rings and this match is underway. They circle each other and then lock up. Goldust wins this and goes behind D-Von; D-Von looks extremely scared and works tirelessly to break the hold. Goldust can see the terror and starts feeling himself again. D-Von locks up Goldust again and gets him in a headlock; Goldust pushes him off the ropes, shoulder block by Goldust. Goldust stands over D-Von and starts feeling himself again, D-Von with a roll up! 1… 2…

KICK OUT!

Very close by D-Von! Goldust (DW) angrily gets up and stomps on D-Von (Rickoss) who was a little slow to recover. Goldust picks up D-Von and slams him down. Goldust continues to stomp away and D-Von retreats to the corner. Goldust whips D-von into the corner, Goldust follows up with a huge knee to the gut. He climbs up the turnbuckle, 1… 2… 3… 4… 5… 6… 7… 8… 9… Goldust starts feeling himself again… POWERBOMB BY D-VON! He’s converted it into a pin… 1… 2…

KICK OUT!

Again, Goldust kicks out and D-Von has created the best chances although he has been receiving the beating. Goldust seems visibly shaken by that huge powerbomb so D-Von takes the initiative. D-Von picks up Goldust, reversal, D-Von off the ropes, spinning elbow by D-Von. D-Von picks him up again, whip off the ropes, dropkick by D-Von. Goldust recovers to the corner but D-Von is immediately over there and starts choking Goldust, Goldust reverses and starts choking D-Von. The ref splits it up but Goldust reverse kicks D-Von in the nuts! D-Von sits in the corner in agony, Goldust runs to the other corner, runs back, Bronco Buster, D-Von moved out of the way! Goldust in pain, D-Von runs off the ropes, grabs Goldust and does what looks like a reverse flying bulldog! The crowd applaud the move.

Both are moving quite gingerly now, Goldust (DW) has crawled to the corner and D-Von (Rickoss) stumbles in that direction. Goldust weakly throws a punch but D-Von blocks and hits a few of his own. D-Von picks Goldust up and lifts him onto the turnbuckle, D-Von climbs up, SUPERPLEX! Huge impact! D-Von with the cover! 1… 2…

KICK OUT!

Great resilience by Goldust! D-Von seems a little frustrated; Goldust is on his feet, D-Von off the ropes, Atomic Drop by Goldust! Out of nowhere, Goldust hits a move and is right back in this match! Goldust whips D-Von off the ropes, reversal, D-Von with a standing dropkick but there is no one there! Goldust held onto the ropes. D-Von looks like he has hurt his back on that fall. Goldust picks up D-Von and whips him into the corner. Oh no! Goldust hooks one leg on the ropes then the other, he signals, SHATTERED DREAMS! All the men groan as they hear the impact. A scream could be heard from D-Von and who could blame him.

The crowd erupt, it’s Bubba Dudley! The ref is checking on D-Von (Rickoss), Bubba from behind, BUBBA BOMB ON GOLDUST (DW)! Bubba slides out and runs round to D-Von, begging him to make the cover! D-Von just manages to get an arm across! 1… 2…

3! NO! SHOULDER UP!

Bubba cannot believe it! Perhaps the delay just gave Goldust the chance to recover. Both are struggling to their feet, both are exchanging tired blows, Goldust (DW) is winning, whip off the ropes, D-Von (Rickoss) floats over Goldust, sets him up for the finisher! Bubba is on the apron now. D-Von lifts him up, Goldust floats over, pushes D-Von into Bubba! Bubba flies off the apron, D-Von in despair, Goldust from behind… CURTAIN CALL! COVER! 1… 2…

3!!! GOLDUST WINS!

Goldust leaves quickly as the Dudleys stand together in despair!

WINNER: GOLDUST (DW)

(Just in case you wondered whether I missed out who owns Bubba Dudley, I didn’t. I couldn’t actually find anyone that owns him as a singles wrestler.)
Sat 06/07/02 at 09:55
Regular
"..."
I did read it, but was too busy writing this buried alive match to think of anything constructive, witty or amusing to say. It was good though.
Thu 04/07/02 at 22:17
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Thanks to everyone who replied. (All two of you) :)
Tue 02/07/02 at 20:02
Regular
"Where's SR?"
Great match, I was wrong again in my predictions. My match isn't up yet due to being busy and not being able to use the computer or the internet.
Tue 02/07/02 at 17:03
Regular
"I like cheese"
Top stuff there Matt, really enjoyed that match. And you're right, I don't think anyone owns Bubba as a singles wrestler...

Congrats to DW as Goldust, who came through two men to successfully defend his European Title. But beware, GMS wants that title too...
Mon 01/07/02 at 22:35
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It seems like we have a video of Goldust in preparation for this match.

“So the challenge has been laid. D-Von Dudley will face the bizarre one for my European championship. I would like to say congratulations to you but this match is where the winning stops. This is where your ‘dreams’ will be ‘shattered’! This is where the curtain comes down at the end of your performance, where you have nothing left to give because at the end of the match, you will remember the name… GOLDUST!”

Fireworks explode and out comes D-Von (Rickoss) spinning around. D-Von is a proven tag team wrestler but does he have what it takes to be an established singles wrestler?

The arena goes dark and gold spotlights flash around. Gold glitter comes down and out walks Goldust (DW). He is in no rush to get into the ring and is just enjoying feeling himself in his usual manner.

D-Von looks a little nervous so we will have to see how this match plays out. The bell rings and this match is underway. They circle each other and then lock up. Goldust wins this and goes behind D-Von; D-Von looks extremely scared and works tirelessly to break the hold. Goldust can see the terror and starts feeling himself again. D-Von locks up Goldust again and gets him in a headlock; Goldust pushes him off the ropes, shoulder block by Goldust. Goldust stands over D-Von and starts feeling himself again, D-Von with a roll up! 1… 2…

KICK OUT!

Very close by D-Von! Goldust (DW) angrily gets up and stomps on D-Von (Rickoss) who was a little slow to recover. Goldust picks up D-Von and slams him down. Goldust continues to stomp away and D-Von retreats to the corner. Goldust whips D-von into the corner, Goldust follows up with a huge knee to the gut. He climbs up the turnbuckle, 1… 2… 3… 4… 5… 6… 7… 8… 9… Goldust starts feeling himself again… POWERBOMB BY D-VON! He’s converted it into a pin… 1… 2…

KICK OUT!

Again, Goldust kicks out and D-Von has created the best chances although he has been receiving the beating. Goldust seems visibly shaken by that huge powerbomb so D-Von takes the initiative. D-Von picks up Goldust, reversal, D-Von off the ropes, spinning elbow by D-Von. D-Von picks him up again, whip off the ropes, dropkick by D-Von. Goldust recovers to the corner but D-Von is immediately over there and starts choking Goldust, Goldust reverses and starts choking D-Von. The ref splits it up but Goldust reverse kicks D-Von in the nuts! D-Von sits in the corner in agony, Goldust runs to the other corner, runs back, Bronco Buster, D-Von moved out of the way! Goldust in pain, D-Von runs off the ropes, grabs Goldust and does what looks like a reverse flying bulldog! The crowd applaud the move.

Both are moving quite gingerly now, Goldust (DW) has crawled to the corner and D-Von (Rickoss) stumbles in that direction. Goldust weakly throws a punch but D-Von blocks and hits a few of his own. D-Von picks Goldust up and lifts him onto the turnbuckle, D-Von climbs up, SUPERPLEX! Huge impact! D-Von with the cover! 1… 2…

KICK OUT!

Great resilience by Goldust! D-Von seems a little frustrated; Goldust is on his feet, D-Von off the ropes, Atomic Drop by Goldust! Out of nowhere, Goldust hits a move and is right back in this match! Goldust whips D-Von off the ropes, reversal, D-Von with a standing dropkick but there is no one there! Goldust held onto the ropes. D-Von looks like he has hurt his back on that fall. Goldust picks up D-Von and whips him into the corner. Oh no! Goldust hooks one leg on the ropes then the other, he signals, SHATTERED DREAMS! All the men groan as they hear the impact. A scream could be heard from D-Von and who could blame him.

The crowd erupt, it’s Bubba Dudley! The ref is checking on D-Von (Rickoss), Bubba from behind, BUBBA BOMB ON GOLDUST (DW)! Bubba slides out and runs round to D-Von, begging him to make the cover! D-Von just manages to get an arm across! 1… 2…

3! NO! SHOULDER UP!

Bubba cannot believe it! Perhaps the delay just gave Goldust the chance to recover. Both are struggling to their feet, both are exchanging tired blows, Goldust (DW) is winning, whip off the ropes, D-Von (Rickoss) floats over Goldust, sets him up for the finisher! Bubba is on the apron now. D-Von lifts him up, Goldust floats over, pushes D-Von into Bubba! Bubba flies off the apron, D-Von in despair, Goldust from behind… CURTAIN CALL! COVER! 1… 2…

3!!! GOLDUST WINS!

Goldust leaves quickly as the Dudleys stand together in despair!

WINNER: GOLDUST (DW)

(Just in case you wondered whether I missed out who owns Bubba Dudley, I didn’t. I couldn’t actually find anyone that owns him as a singles wrestler.)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.