GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Captcha code"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/04/08 at 07:19
Regular
I must have missed that update - that you can now add the captcha code to our forms, I have added the code to the bottom of my contact page and it works - how ever I think that its meant to replace the send / reset buttons am i right? or should they stay in place ? as with captcha in place you click send - it takes you to a blank white page with the captcha in place click submit then it works can it all be on the one page?

Clicking on the link to see the page with pre coded page returns a 404 error

Digi
Fri 11/04/08 at 09:27
Regular
Hi Hmmm yeah its working as it should but would look better if the page blended inm with the site - perhaps now thats its bumped up they might work on a fix for that, 20th dec well thats most likely why i missed it - to near xmas I would be so busy getting ready for Santa :)

Digi
Fri 11/04/08 at 09:10
"Are you sure?"
Keep up Digi ;¬)
A quick search showed that ncrs wrote on the 20th December:

A new form to mail script has been placed on the servers to replace the existing one, the new script is identical apart from the addition of some new options.

To view information the new options please visit
http://freeola.com/support/form_to_mail/form_to_mail.php and read the new options section.

If you experience any issues with the new scripts please post here and we will resolve them as quickly as possible.

All you do is add the following line to your FORM code:
<input type="hidden" name="captcha" value="yes">

It sounds as if things are working as they are supposed to.
i.e. submitting the FORM takes visitors to an additional page just to enter the captcha. As you mention this doesn't retain the look and feel of your site but I guess that's the only way Freeola could introduce it so easily with just the one line of code required.

Search Freeola Chat
Fri 11/04/08 at 07:19
Regular
I must have missed that update - that you can now add the captcha code to our forms, I have added the code to the bottom of my contact page and it works - how ever I think that its meant to replace the send / reset buttons am i right? or should they stay in place ? as with captcha in place you click send - it takes you to a blank white page with the captcha in place click submit then it works can it all be on the one page?

Clicking on the link to see the page with pre coded page returns a 404 error

Digi

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.