GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"When Xbox goes online?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/07/02 at 18:40
Regular
I was wondering when the Xbox goes online for everyone in UK. It will be excellent to play Halo and other online games.
Tue 02/07/02 at 22:08
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I think PSO may have a seperate subsription fee on all formats. As far as I know though, all the other online games so far will be free to play once you done the overall subsription fee to X-Box Live.
Tue 02/07/02 at 21:59
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
savatt1668 wrote:
> Me too. One thing I hated about playing online on the Dreamcast was
> the hidden surprises you'd end up getting on the phonebill. With a
> subsribtion fee, at least you know what your paying out. And for the
> amount of time I'll want to play online, no doubt it'll work out a
> hell of a lot cheaper too. :-) And because its broadband, there
> won't be anyone moaning that I'm blocking up the phoneline. ;-)

Im just wondering about the games, will they come with a subscription fee aswell like so many pc games and even psov2 in the states, think about it you'll be paying three sets of subcrition fees, 1)broadband provider. 2)the xbox live service. 3) the games.
Then what if you want more then 1 "xbox live" game??, maybe im uninformed and am way off track as Ive heard nothing about the games "fees", but if that was the case I would prefer the dcs "pay as you play", someone please prove me wrong!!!.
I am well looking forward to unreal champianship online or not!!
Mon 01/07/02 at 22:09
unless you disconnect the adaptor thing in the phone socket :P
Mon 01/07/02 at 21:56
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Me too. One thing I hated about playing online on the Dreamcast was the hidden surprises you'd end up getting on the phonebill. With a subsribtion fee, at least you know what your paying out. And for the amount of time I'll want to play online, no doubt it'll work out a hell of a lot cheaper too. :-) And because its broadband, there won't be anyone moaning that I'm blocking up the phoneline. ;-)
Mon 01/07/02 at 21:24
I am glad about the year in advance subscription fee thats how I like to pay.
Mon 01/07/02 at 21:16
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah I'll be playing online a lot when X-Box Live comes along. :-) I really enjoy mech games so the months upto Christmas will keep my happy in that area - especially with Mech Assault having online play. :-) Dunno bout anyone else but I'm a fan of the Mechwarrior games on PC. I don't play the table top version or anything, but I like the ongoing story and it was fun to take part in some of the battles in past games. So I'm really looking forward to playing the X-Box game. :-) Hope its the first of numerous games based on the BattleTech universe. :-)
Mon 01/07/02 at 21:12
Regular
It looks good but subscribing doesnt sound inviting...
Mon 01/07/02 at 19:35
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Xbox is meant to be going Live worldwide it think by the end of the year. The whole idea of what MS have planned and the games and voice communicator all sound cool, the only yhtink that will determine its sucess is the pricing.

In the US, $50 will get you an xbox live game, the software to turn your xbox online, the voice communicator and a years subscription to the survice. It sounds too good to be true, and looks set to be a huge sucess in the US at least.
Mon 01/07/02 at 18:55
Regular
Thats it u've come to your senses! XBOX has great potential and has excellent games at the moment, with many more mouth watering ones to come like
Commandos 2
Medal of Honour
True Crime Streets of LA
Unreal Championship
Black & White Next Genaration
Colin Macrae Rally 3
Turok Evolution
Halo 2

And Many Many More to come, with 150 games by xmas

With the prospect of XBOX online, xbox has to be the best console to choose in my opinion.
Mon 01/07/02 at 18:49
Regular
"*Xbox vs PS2*"
i made my mind up that im keeping Xbox and it bit silly to get rid of it! I agree that games coming out soon and look at commandos 2a nd it look great!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.