GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lack of Sex In Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/06/02 at 13:27
Regular
Now lets talk about sex for a moment, its a bit of a not talked about subject among gamers and gaming companies. As its one of those censored things and are usually not put into games. Another subject that used to be frowned upon was death, but as you all know it has dominated the gaming industries. And is even used to help people with there typing skills : "Typing of the Dead".

But when are the gaming companies gonna learn to get around this. Most games when it comes to having to show off sex, as it is vital to the plot, then show it very badly. Take "Black and White" and "The Sims" for example. There way of showing it, is to make them kiss. In Black And White all you see is two small figures run up to each other, and kiss, then a second later they walk off. In The Sims its exactly the same concept, except it needs allot more kisses. I don't know about you, but I don't remember the last time I saw someone get pregnant by kissing.

And then in games like the Settlers Quadrology, people just happen to appear, from nowhere. It seems there in an unlimited supply, of male people, all adults. Very Strange. Then the only games I know about that deal with sex in a different way is "Torment" and "GTA 3", where they insert prostitutes. This seems to be a much better way of showing what sex really is, even if they do blank off the screen, or show a side angle. Now I’m not some weird sex maniac, or expert. And I’m not trying to say that sex should be shown properly, as it would boost all Age Limits to 18. But I think Gaming Companies should show it in a realistic way, as some people, especially younger under educated gamers might get the wrong idea.
Sun 30/06/02 at 13:27
Regular
"INSERT WITTY COMMEN"
Now lets talk about sex for a moment, its a bit of a not talked about subject among gamers and gaming companies. As its one of those censored things and are usually not put into games. Another subject that used to be frowned upon was death, but as you all know it has dominated the gaming industries. And is even used to help people with there typing skills : "Typing of the Dead".

But when are the gaming companies gonna learn to get around this. Most games when it comes to having to show off sex, as it is vital to the plot, then show it very badly. Take "Black and White" and "The Sims" for example. There way of showing it, is to make them kiss. In Black And White all you see is two small figures run up to each other, and kiss, then a second later they walk off. In The Sims its exactly the same concept, except it needs allot more kisses. I don't know about you, but I don't remember the last time I saw someone get pregnant by kissing.

And then in games like the Settlers Quadrology, people just happen to appear, from nowhere. It seems there in an unlimited supply, of male people, all adults. Very Strange. Then the only games I know about that deal with sex in a different way is "Torment" and "GTA 3", where they insert prostitutes. This seems to be a much better way of showing what sex really is, even if they do blank off the screen, or show a side angle. Now I’m not some weird sex maniac, or expert. And I’m not trying to say that sex should be shown properly, as it would boost all Age Limits to 18. But I think Gaming Companies should show it in a realistic way, as some people, especially younger under educated gamers might get the wrong idea.
Sun 30/06/02 at 13:55
Regular
Good ideas, lets show genitals in games!

Better idea, lets not so people of all ages, Australians and Germans can play them.
Sun 30/06/02 at 14:11
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Go play some Hentai.

Sicko.
Sun 30/06/02 at 14:18
Regular
"INSERT WITTY COMMEN"
My god, when did i ever say that i wanted to exactly see it. When did i ever say in it that i wanted to see games showing people having actual sex all i said is they should frame how they show it in games. As in maybe in Black and White, the small people could go off into one of the houses together then walk out again. Not zoom in and show every little detail about what there doing u little sickos.
Sun 30/06/02 at 14:20
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
SWANDAHHHHHHHHH wrote:
> Go play some Hentai.
>
> Sicko.

I stand by my first statement.
Sun 30/06/02 at 14:27
Regular
"INSERT WITTY COMMEN"
SWANDAHHHHHHHHH wrote:
> SWANDAHHHHHHHHH wrote:
> Go play some Hentai.
>
> Sicko.
>
> I stand by my first statement.

and i stand by mine that i happened not 2 say that i wanted 2 see them actually having sex, i also never even said i wanted more sex in games. I was mearly stating a fact about gaming, newbie flamer. Also i wish 2 know what happened 2 all the decent regulars.
Sun 30/06/02 at 14:33
Regular
DarkDrax wrote:

Take "Black and White" and "The Sims" for example. There way of showing it, is to make them kiss. In Black And White all you see is two small figures run up to each other, and kiss, then a second later they walk off. In The Sims its exactly the same concept, except it needs allot more kisses. I don't know about you, but I don't remember the last time I saw someone get pregnant by kissing.

That implies that you wanted to see more than just the kissing...
Sun 30/06/02 at 14:35
Regular
"INSERT WITTY COMMEN"
Edgy wrote:
> DarkDrax wrote:
>
> Take "Black and White" and "The Sims" for example.
> There way of showing it, is to make them kiss. In Black And White all
> you see is two small figures run up to each other, and kiss, then a
> second later they walk off. In The Sims its exactly the same concept,
> except it needs allot more kisses. I don't know about you, but I don't
> remember the last time I saw someone get pregnant by kissing.
>
>
> That implies that you wanted to see more than just the kissing...

please frame the sentence in brackets where i implied that i wanted and i stated that i wanted 2 see more then just kissing.
Sun 30/06/02 at 14:37
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
DarkDrax wrote:
> Also i
> wish 2 know what happened 2 all the decent regulars.

Maybe they didn't want to even look at a thread that's about the Lack of Sex in Games.
Sun 30/06/02 at 14:41
Regular
DarkDrax wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
> DarkDrax wrote:
>
> Take "Black and White" and "The Sims" for
> example.
> There way of showing it, is to make them kiss. In Black And White
> all
> you see is two small figures run up to each other, and kiss, then a
> second later they walk off. In The Sims its exactly the same
> concept,
> except it needs allot more kisses. I don't know about you, but I
> don't
> remember the last time I saw someone get pregnant by kissing.
>
>
> That implies that you wanted to see more than just the kissing...
>
> please frame the sentence in brackets where i implied that i wanted
> and i stated that i wanted 2 see more then just kissing.

Oh come on, you're being pathetic now! It's the way you said it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.