GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lack of Sex In Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/06/02 at 13:27
Regular
Now lets talk about sex for a moment, its a bit of a not talked about subject among gamers and gaming companies. As its one of those censored things and are usually not put into games. Another subject that used to be frowned upon was death, but as you all know it has dominated the gaming industries. And is even used to help people with there typing skills : "Typing of the Dead".

But when are the gaming companies gonna learn to get around this. Most games when it comes to having to show off sex, as it is vital to the plot, then show it very badly. Take "Black and White" and "The Sims" for example. There way of showing it, is to make them kiss. In Black And White all you see is two small figures run up to each other, and kiss, then a second later they walk off. In The Sims its exactly the same concept, except it needs allot more kisses. I don't know about you, but I don't remember the last time I saw someone get pregnant by kissing.

And then in games like the Settlers Quadrology, people just happen to appear, from nowhere. It seems there in an unlimited supply, of male people, all adults. Very Strange. Then the only games I know about that deal with sex in a different way is "Torment" and "GTA 3", where they insert prostitutes. This seems to be a much better way of showing what sex really is, even if they do blank off the screen, or show a side angle. Now I’m not some weird sex maniac, or expert. And I’m not trying to say that sex should be shown properly, as it would boost all Age Limits to 18. But I think Gaming Companies should show it in a realistic way, as some people, especially younger under educated gamers might get the wrong idea.
Mon 01/07/02 at 19:01
Mystique wrote:
> YES! We want MORE SEX! MORRRRRRRE! SEXXXXXXXX
>
> GWUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

You pervo are you saying that you want a game called "sex while dancing" that would be stupid for kids (left,right,forward and back) your a pervo (true very true)
Sun 30/06/02 at 22:57
Regular
"Remember me?"
*sigh!*

This message was produced, directed and distributed by Dark Mark SPAM Messages, Inc. TM and copyright 2002.
Sun 30/06/02 at 22:00
Regular
Um, I dunno about everyone else, but I clicked to reply and it said everyone was banned whilst displaying error messages...I hope the servers aren't down...AGAIN!

But if they are, I wont be able to post this...
Sun 30/06/02 at 21:59
Regular
YES! We want MORE SEX! MORRRRRRRE! SEXXXXXXXX

GWUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA
Sun 30/06/02 at 16:20
Regular
"INSERT WITTY COMMEN"
come on people, is it just me, or are SR users getting the wrong impression from all posts. Or are they just reading one posts, the replying 2 it in another. I never said at all in my posts, and i've argued this several times in my following posts, that i want 2 characters from games actuallly having ***, i was just saying how they deal with it, and how they show it is comepletly not realistic.
Sun 30/06/02 at 16:08
i see what you mean kids these days learn what sex is when they are about 6 years old so what bu do you really think that games about bond are going to waste space by showing the sex bits you'lld be there for hours besides what do you do when that comes up on the screen stair for hours (probly true very true).See what i mean if you did have sex in games then that would be dumb.
Sun 30/06/02 at 15:14
Regular
"INSERT WITTY COMMEN"
sure, but im not asking the games to be domintaed by sex just 2 frame it in a better way then a population steadily growing from nowhere. And when i said under educated gamers, i meant younger ones. Such as 7-12 and dont give me Sh*t about younger gamers not knowing how to play games properly anyway, because i was password protecting my dad out of his computer aged 8!
Sun 30/06/02 at 15:09
Regular
"A man with a stick"
DarkDrax wrote:
> True, its just on stratedgy games which base there plots around
> keeping a civilisation going, would show *not in a full blown, heres
> what happens heres how they do it way* that u'd have to keep a balance
> on population as well.

I see what you mean, but then if games such as CIV where to show how the population grows, why not show other things as well. Why not show where people go to school, how they get jobs or what they make their families for tea. It's too much information, and information we all ready know about.

I think we all know how sex works (I assume we all do anyway) so there is no real point in putting into a game such as civ. It would detract gamers from the actual tasks in hand, spending too much time finding out about the birds and the bees than actually playing the game.
Sun 30/06/02 at 15:06
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Or†ega wrote:
> Bloody hell, people will argue about just about anything these days...

They don't call me a 'petty little b*tch' for nothing!
Sun 30/06/02 at 14:54
Regular
"INSERT WITTY COMMEN"
cipro wrote:
> The reason there is a lack of sex in games, is because it won’t work.
> There have been attempts in the past, but they fell flat on their
> ar$e.
>
> Gamers don't want to be bored with the intricacies of how sex works in
> their gaming environments, they want to blow the s**t out of armies of
> bad guy's who want to take over the world.
>
> There's little market for games, which concentrate, too much on sex,
> and besides, that's what the Internet was designed for.

True, its just on stratedgy games which base there plots around keeping a civilisation going, would show *not in a full blown, heres what happens heres how they do it way* that u'd have to keep a balance on population as well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.