GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Assassin (re-drafted story)"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/06/02 at 18:01
Regular
THE ASSASSIN

On a cold and foggy night, lurking in a mist deep within the obscurity of an eerie woodland, the anti-social man set his base between the shadows of trees surrounding him as he waited, eagerly, to unleash his cold and calculated plan. The plan which took a mere second to devise.
You could feel something bad was going to happen when the air blew past howling enchanted groans of "murder". It blew through the trees every branch producing sounds like gentle screams of pain. The smell of rotting dead leaves within the air and the constant flashes of owls glistening eyes could put a chill down the bravest of people who dared to walk the forest at night.

As he waited for his victim, the sadistic sight of his shifty eyes and spiteful sneer upon his face grew with excitement from the dreadful thoughts circling his mind. His eyes glazed over as he constantly viewed the watch around his wrist. Knowing time was ticking away in his victims life, he just grinned. Of what has been seen of his face by the curious, he is described as 'snake-like' and 'a merger with shadows'.
He has no emotions, he has no remorse, he is merciless!

His movements were quick and smooth. Positioning himself in a small dug-out ditch not making the slightest bit of noise. He looked at his watch and saw plenty of time ticking away. He took out a severely aged metal tin with the words “Don’t. Trust. Anyone” engraved and took off the lid. He lifted a cigar out and lit it then placed his age-old tin back into his inside pocket. Every tar filled drag of the cigar that he breathed in, he blew out and made ghost-like figures with the smoke that rose up into the sky. As he remained crouched down in the ditch, smoking his cigar, a pager went off. With a click of a finger, he swiped it from his pants and read the message. “Semmer Fi”. A code used in illegal operations from Marines and Navy Seals for years. Although, the only few that know, are trained professionals. The man threw his cigar to the ground and looked up to the dark sky. He closed his eyes and grabbed a highly advanced sniper rifle from his coat as he stayed, eyes closed pointing toward the night sky.

Clouds concealed the moonlit heavens which put the woodland in a darkness apart from a few beams of light piercing through the murky mist. The perfect timing for the deed as the victims silhouette appeared at the beginning of the woodland path. He knew he was coming. The watch upon his wrist counting down the seconds told him so. The pleasant smell of a human drifted by the evil mans nose. Whilst the silhouette was appearing, the awaiting man got his companion ready. He held it close to his body, stroking it, then pulled the clutch backwards making a deadly click. The victim appeared. He seemed to be running from someone. Another shadow appeared.................. It was a woman! The victim stopped and joyous laughs of happiness were heard from them both. They wrapped arms around each other and walked the path holding hands. The couple who traveled the path were singing, telling jokes, laughing and were beaming with joy. Forever chasing each other and playing games brought a warmth to the icy woods. Oblivious to what was happening around them, they continued to defrost the surroundings with thier spirits.
That warmth reduced as they walked further down the path of 'no return'...........

"Did you hear that?!" said the woman as the hidden man shuffled across the damp ,leaf coated, floor getting 'into place'.

"Hear what?" the victim replied,

"I'm sure I just heard something....." She quivered out,

"hahaha......... you're just hearing things, it's ok, those little ghost stories I told you were just made up. Come on now.......... It was probably just an owl or a harmless little creature scurrying along here" He calmly added,

"There's nothing to be afraid of......" He continued,

"NO!................ I KNOW I Jus........"

Before she could continue the mysterious man took a slight glimpse at his target and pulled the trigger, propelling a lead bullet towards his victims’ forehead. The woman screamed at a high pitch as the bullet drilled into the skull of her man, embedding itself within the brain, dead center of the forehead. He crashed to the floor with a thud, sending the last breath of air out of his lungs. Blood poured uncontrollably from his head as he lay in a crimson pool.

Of what seemed to be days, was minutes in the eyes of the innocent. Like the world had frozen time before them and life's greatest moments flashed by.............. It was over.
Tears rolled down the shaken face of the woman as she screamed, when catching the sight of the black figure that took her husbands life from her. Questions weren't being asked........ it was just the one............ "Why?"

The killer ran between shadows, covering his vicious face and crushing everything beneath his feet. The smell of fresh blood from a 'good days work' satisfied the evil 'snake'.
The woman crouched down, crying, next to the victim calling for help and not letting go of him. Her blurred vision, caused by her tears, could only catch the killer as he faded into the fog. Within a matter of seconds, he was gone....... and never to be seen again.

The End.
Sat 29/06/02 at 18:01
Regular
"Hmmm....."
THE ASSASSIN

On a cold and foggy night, lurking in a mist deep within the obscurity of an eerie woodland, the anti-social man set his base between the shadows of trees surrounding him as he waited, eagerly, to unleash his cold and calculated plan. The plan which took a mere second to devise.
You could feel something bad was going to happen when the air blew past howling enchanted groans of "murder". It blew through the trees every branch producing sounds like gentle screams of pain. The smell of rotting dead leaves within the air and the constant flashes of owls glistening eyes could put a chill down the bravest of people who dared to walk the forest at night.

As he waited for his victim, the sadistic sight of his shifty eyes and spiteful sneer upon his face grew with excitement from the dreadful thoughts circling his mind. His eyes glazed over as he constantly viewed the watch around his wrist. Knowing time was ticking away in his victims life, he just grinned. Of what has been seen of his face by the curious, he is described as 'snake-like' and 'a merger with shadows'.
He has no emotions, he has no remorse, he is merciless!

His movements were quick and smooth. Positioning himself in a small dug-out ditch not making the slightest bit of noise. He looked at his watch and saw plenty of time ticking away. He took out a severely aged metal tin with the words “Don’t. Trust. Anyone” engraved and took off the lid. He lifted a cigar out and lit it then placed his age-old tin back into his inside pocket. Every tar filled drag of the cigar that he breathed in, he blew out and made ghost-like figures with the smoke that rose up into the sky. As he remained crouched down in the ditch, smoking his cigar, a pager went off. With a click of a finger, he swiped it from his pants and read the message. “Semmer Fi”. A code used in illegal operations from Marines and Navy Seals for years. Although, the only few that know, are trained professionals. The man threw his cigar to the ground and looked up to the dark sky. He closed his eyes and grabbed a highly advanced sniper rifle from his coat as he stayed, eyes closed pointing toward the night sky.

Clouds concealed the moonlit heavens which put the woodland in a darkness apart from a few beams of light piercing through the murky mist. The perfect timing for the deed as the victims silhouette appeared at the beginning of the woodland path. He knew he was coming. The watch upon his wrist counting down the seconds told him so. The pleasant smell of a human drifted by the evil mans nose. Whilst the silhouette was appearing, the awaiting man got his companion ready. He held it close to his body, stroking it, then pulled the clutch backwards making a deadly click. The victim appeared. He seemed to be running from someone. Another shadow appeared.................. It was a woman! The victim stopped and joyous laughs of happiness were heard from them both. They wrapped arms around each other and walked the path holding hands. The couple who traveled the path were singing, telling jokes, laughing and were beaming with joy. Forever chasing each other and playing games brought a warmth to the icy woods. Oblivious to what was happening around them, they continued to defrost the surroundings with thier spirits.
That warmth reduced as they walked further down the path of 'no return'...........

"Did you hear that?!" said the woman as the hidden man shuffled across the damp ,leaf coated, floor getting 'into place'.

"Hear what?" the victim replied,

"I'm sure I just heard something....." She quivered out,

"hahaha......... you're just hearing things, it's ok, those little ghost stories I told you were just made up. Come on now.......... It was probably just an owl or a harmless little creature scurrying along here" He calmly added,

"There's nothing to be afraid of......" He continued,

"NO!................ I KNOW I Jus........"

Before she could continue the mysterious man took a slight glimpse at his target and pulled the trigger, propelling a lead bullet towards his victims’ forehead. The woman screamed at a high pitch as the bullet drilled into the skull of her man, embedding itself within the brain, dead center of the forehead. He crashed to the floor with a thud, sending the last breath of air out of his lungs. Blood poured uncontrollably from his head as he lay in a crimson pool.

Of what seemed to be days, was minutes in the eyes of the innocent. Like the world had frozen time before them and life's greatest moments flashed by.............. It was over.
Tears rolled down the shaken face of the woman as she screamed, when catching the sight of the black figure that took her husbands life from her. Questions weren't being asked........ it was just the one............ "Why?"

The killer ran between shadows, covering his vicious face and crushing everything beneath his feet. The smell of fresh blood from a 'good days work' satisfied the evil 'snake'.
The woman crouched down, crying, next to the victim calling for help and not letting go of him. Her blurred vision, caused by her tears, could only catch the killer as he faded into the fog. Within a matter of seconds, he was gone....... and never to be seen again.

The End.
Sat 29/06/02 at 19:39
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Great!!
Mon 01/07/02 at 10:20
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Good story there Hercules!

I told you I'd read it while at work :-)
Thu 18/07/02 at 23:56
Regular
Yeah, nice one.
Sun 20/10/02 at 09:05
Regular
"Festivus!"
Did you do this for coursework?
Sun 20/10/02 at 11:48
Regular
*Claps* Bravo bravo! *Claps some more*

Well done Uncie Herc, brilliant stuff. I didn't read it, but I read the replies, so I'm assuming it was great. ;cD
Wed 23/10/02 at 01:55
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Heh. Forgot about this thing...

Yes, it was a piece of coursework.

Thankyou, thankyou.
Wed 23/10/02 at 15:28
nice one
Sat 26/10/02 at 18:29
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Idiot.
Sun 27/10/02 at 01:24
Regular
Corporal Reddles wrote:
> Err... Quite long!

was there any point in copy and pasting the whole damn story and saying that, you idiot!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.