GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Slowdown moments"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/06/02 at 14:45
Regular
I want to know when you've experienced slowdown and what caused it. I've had it happen twice 1) playing the race on the training level of Rogue Squodren [spelling :(], 2) whizzing across the skyline on spiderman, too many skyscrapers in shight i guess.
Mon 01/07/02 at 11:03
Regular
"Baros!!!"
LOL... I also wondered why the screen went all black when I threw lots of Pokeballs. I realised what it was later though when it happened again.

Never had any slow downs.
Sun 30/06/02 at 22:26
Regular
I.love.gamecube wrote:

> ssbm the screen goes black instead of slowing, this happened when i
> was constantly throwing poke' balls, never in battle

LOL! :-D

That black screen isn't "slowdown" of any sort.
It's Togapi's special move! (You got him from a Pokeball).

I have found slowdown in Smash Brothers once though.
Once I was playing a team game:

Myself (Samus) and my brother (either Zelda or Link - can't remember) against 2 level 9 computer players (Mewtwo and Gannondorf) on big blue (the one where you fight on the F-Zero cars).

The game actually suffered from slowdown.

This might've been the combined effect of the AI of the 2 players as well as the the polygon pushing of 4 characters and various F-Zero ships.

Still, it was a one off and I've not seen it since.
Sun 30/06/02 at 14:44
Regular
Nope you don't, I played 4 player with my mates the other night on the Rocket Arena level and had no slow down at all even though there where multiple rockets going off all the time.
Sun 30/06/02 at 14:39
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I haven't noticed it yet - but despite what they say, I bet you still get it with a frantic 4-player match on Agent Under Fire!

So I reckon that you only get it in the 4-player games - if you do get it. I'll see one-day.... when I get some greaty 4-player games and 2 more pads.
Sun 30/06/02 at 12:28
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Super monkey ball expert level 17 in 60Hz mode.
Sun 30/06/02 at 11:32
On Rogue Squadron.

The training level, i was flying really high over beggers canyon, and it didnt like that. And flying over the town, presumably Mos Eisly, but only slightly.

On Razor Revenge (or something similar, i just cant think.) Just when ur a certain distance from the Star Destroyer, it does it slightly.

But thats the only times. And uve got to remember this is the 1st generation set of games. Things can only get better. Just compare Mario 64 and Zelda OOT. HUGE differences.
Sat 29/06/02 at 22:40
Regular
"hiyaaaaahhhh!!!!"
and in sonic when i tried harvesting fruits in choa garden
Sat 29/06/02 at 22:39
Regular
"hiyaaaaahhhh!!!!"
rogue leader on 60 hz in the training level and battle of endor

ssbm the screen goes black instead of slowing, this happened when i was constantly throwing poke' balls, never in battle
Sat 29/06/02 at 22:26
Regular
The only problem I've ever had with Spiderman is the jagged edges when a lot is happening on the level(s), never any slowdown.
Sat 29/06/02 at 21:35
Regular
"innocent"
nope, havent experienced and slowdown on any games (star wars, luigis mansion, sonic battle, super monkey ball, burnout)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.