GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone with a Dreamcast - Help!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/06/02 at 13:53
Regular
Does anyone else have a problem with their dreamcast where it clicks and restarts unexpectedly right in the middle of games? It is really annoying, and any help in solving the problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

:D
Sat 29/06/02 at 13:53
Regular
Does anyone else have a problem with their dreamcast where it clicks and restarts unexpectedly right in the middle of games? It is really annoying, and any help in solving the problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

:D
Sat 29/06/02 at 14:21
Regular
I'd give SEGA a ring. If you can't find the number, there should be one at www.sega-europe.com

I've not had that problem myself, though my Dreacmast is still quite new.
Sat 29/06/02 at 14:22
Regular
Yeah, it only started happening to me after about a year.

Ta anyway Edgy!
Sat 29/06/02 at 14:39
Regular
I had the same problem when I tryed to play Fighting Force 2. Probably a blessing actually, the game stank worse than Moe Mowlams incontinance pants.
Sat 29/06/02 at 15:03
Regular
"DS..."
It just does it with certain games and it's a niggle that youve jus got to live with i'm afraid :( it's done it to me on a few games, but the only ressetting i experience with my DC is when i'm playing online with pso grrr! dam those annoying hackers,... neway :)

slik ~_~
Sat 29/06/02 at 15:14
Regular
I can't say this has ever happened with my DC - it's been working perfectly from launch day.
Sat 29/06/02 at 15:56
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
yeah ive heard of this problem b4, to fix it you have to open the dreamcast up and clean some bits inside with WD40.
Sat 29/06/02 at 16:44
That's the bad thing about the Dreamcast, it flopppppppped!

I'm so two faced, I was playing it again last week. :>

Only thing I can think of is DC sites, read FAQ's; or as someone said phone their Help-Line.
Sat 29/06/02 at 20:31
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
RM, even if it's more than a year old, Sega will most likely still either replace it (seeing as it's a commonish fault) or ask for a small fee to repair it. There are also some independent places that do repairs.

If the worst comes to the wors, just buy a new one!
Sun 30/06/02 at 20:31
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Same thing happened to me 6 months ago. Still havn't fixed it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.