GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dreamcast Advice!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/06/02 at 11:37
Regular
Alrite every1,

I am just about to buy a dreamcast 2moro as i stupidly sold mine like 2 years ago for a PS2 :( its £32.99 for controller console etc! pretty gud!!!

What do u fink? worthy purhcase? what games should i get?

But...I am wonderin wots appnin with Dreamcasts net thingy? I spose its stopped workin as it ???? so Dreamkey is dead? no online gaming or am I wrong??? I also rememeber summat bout dreamkey2 wheree u cud use ur own ISP :S any info wud be helpful!

Also does any1 know sum gud sites of where to buy dc stuff??

Cheers for any help ciao!
Sat 29/06/02 at 11:37
Regular
Alrite every1,

I am just about to buy a dreamcast 2moro as i stupidly sold mine like 2 years ago for a PS2 :( its £32.99 for controller console etc! pretty gud!!!

What do u fink? worthy purhcase? what games should i get?

But...I am wonderin wots appnin with Dreamcasts net thingy? I spose its stopped workin as it ???? so Dreamkey is dead? no online gaming or am I wrong??? I also rememeber summat bout dreamkey2 wheree u cud use ur own ISP :S any info wud be helpful!

Also does any1 know sum gud sites of where to buy dc stuff??

Cheers for any help ciao!
Sat 29/06/02 at 12:27
Regular
Dreamkey 3 allowed you to use your own ISP for browsing the net, but you still needed to connect via your ISP to SEGA's servers to play the online games.

I think those servers have been shut down, but can't say for sure seeing as none of the games I had allowed for online gaming.

The price you mentioned seems pretty reasonable though I reckon if you loo hard enough you may get a better deal.

Check out ukreviews.com for finding out about any games you're not sure about and let me congratulate you for making the right decision in buying a quality console (again).
Sat 29/06/02 at 15:23
Regular
-Beat-em-up: Soul Calibur, Power Stone.
-Adventure: Shenmue I & II, Sonic Adventure.
-Drivin': Crazy Taxi 2, Metropolis Street Racer.
-Shooter: Rez, Confidential Mission.
-RPG: Skies of Arcadia.
-Sports: Virtua Tennis 2.
-Dancin': Space Channel 5.
-Skating: Jet Set Radio.
Sat 29/06/02 at 16:05
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
The servers have not shut!!

I play with my DC online a lot!

Worms World Party is still online. Quake 3 Arena is still online..... and Phantasy Star Online is actually very busy at times!!!!!

ITs great, you must play with ur DC online!

By the way... where are u getting ur DC from? thats very cheap!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.