GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"One Missed Call - Film Review"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/04/08 at 11:02
Regular
"THFC"
Everyone hates them people who call your Mobile and then hang up - just before you answer it. Well imagine if that was a sign your going to die. I think you would hate it even more!

The main plot is that you recieve a missed call - and the answer machine message is how you will die, or what you will say before it happens. The time and date given of the message are also when you will die! Original, but does it work?

Set in America, the film starts with a loud scream from a small girl in a building on fire. Within minutes we are taken to a tranquill home set where a young woman appears to be studying - when her cat begins to act in a weird way and when she goes to investigate, things turn for the worse!

Without giving away scenes in this horror/thriller i will focus on aspect without spoiling. One missed call is refreshing from most modern Horror/Thriller films. It does not focus on gore, but actually tries to make you scared and jump. While the plot is a twisted one about child abuse and death, the story always remains close to it and builds character relations along the way. Meaning people within the film have a personality and are not just - the next victim, or that girl.

As in most horror/thriller films there are scenes of gore which you will either enjoy or detest, but while i enjoyed the mystery of who/what was killing all these people who are linked together, i never found myself in a situation where i had to know what was going to happen next and i felt the film just ended. it never explained certain plot holes, but then with a rush of Horror/Thriller films coming out you have to expect that directors and editors are going to make these mistakes just to try beat the competition in coming out and not clashing with another big title.

Worth watching in a cinema for the sound and atmosphere - but the story and everything else that comes with it could well wait for DVD or Sky.

An average horror with some good points and a ringtone that you will find yourself humming until you get home then finding it increasingly annoying! If you go see this film i hope you enjoy it! Let me know what you think.

I would have to give this film an overall score of 6.5/10
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Wed 09/04/08 at 11:02
Regular
"THFC"
Everyone hates them people who call your Mobile and then hang up - just before you answer it. Well imagine if that was a sign your going to die. I think you would hate it even more!

The main plot is that you recieve a missed call - and the answer machine message is how you will die, or what you will say before it happens. The time and date given of the message are also when you will die! Original, but does it work?

Set in America, the film starts with a loud scream from a small girl in a building on fire. Within minutes we are taken to a tranquill home set where a young woman appears to be studying - when her cat begins to act in a weird way and when she goes to investigate, things turn for the worse!

Without giving away scenes in this horror/thriller i will focus on aspect without spoiling. One missed call is refreshing from most modern Horror/Thriller films. It does not focus on gore, but actually tries to make you scared and jump. While the plot is a twisted one about child abuse and death, the story always remains close to it and builds character relations along the way. Meaning people within the film have a personality and are not just - the next victim, or that girl.

As in most horror/thriller films there are scenes of gore which you will either enjoy or detest, but while i enjoyed the mystery of who/what was killing all these people who are linked together, i never found myself in a situation where i had to know what was going to happen next and i felt the film just ended. it never explained certain plot holes, but then with a rush of Horror/Thriller films coming out you have to expect that directors and editors are going to make these mistakes just to try beat the competition in coming out and not clashing with another big title.

Worth watching in a cinema for the sound and atmosphere - but the story and everything else that comes with it could well wait for DVD or Sky.

An average horror with some good points and a ringtone that you will find yourself humming until you get home then finding it increasingly annoying! If you go see this film i hope you enjoy it! Let me know what you think.

I would have to give this film an overall score of 6.5/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.