GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short & Sweet"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/06/02 at 21:22
Regular
Nintendo has stated that it is undertaking a new policy; to make games short and sweet. This has already been seen in Luigi's Mansion and Pikmin where the quality of the games cannot be faulted and they haven't taken very long to finish.
Nintendo are backing this policy up by saying that most gamers will not reach the end of a game and will therefore become tired of it without experiencing all the fruits of gameplay.
The problem is that some games are lacking longetivity and people are feeling short changed.
In my own opinion I welcome some way of allowing people to experience the whole package without cheating although the games must have other options to keep people playing. After all, £39.99 is a lot for a week's hard play.
Smash Bros and Super Moneky Ball both provide good longetivity due to their excellent multiplayer aspects. Therefore if Nintendo are looking at shortening the one player games then they must look to have additional multiplayer options. I know that I want something that will last me before I splash the cash.
Thu 27/06/02 at 21:59
Regular
"Selected"
*Foxtrots in*

Knew that....you knew it. Not new.

*Waltzs out*
Thu 27/06/02 at 21:26
Regular
"ProGolfer"
*Walks in*

New that.

*Walks out*
Thu 27/06/02 at 21:22
Nintendo has stated that it is undertaking a new policy; to make games short and sweet. This has already been seen in Luigi's Mansion and Pikmin where the quality of the games cannot be faulted and they haven't taken very long to finish.
Nintendo are backing this policy up by saying that most gamers will not reach the end of a game and will therefore become tired of it without experiencing all the fruits of gameplay.
The problem is that some games are lacking longetivity and people are feeling short changed.
In my own opinion I welcome some way of allowing people to experience the whole package without cheating although the games must have other options to keep people playing. After all, £39.99 is a lot for a week's hard play.
Smash Bros and Super Moneky Ball both provide good longetivity due to their excellent multiplayer aspects. Therefore if Nintendo are looking at shortening the one player games then they must look to have additional multiplayer options. I know that I want something that will last me before I splash the cash.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.