GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resident Evil 2"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/06/02 at 17:34
Regular
I have read on the internet that Resi 2 & 3 are to be straight ports of the original games and not actual remakes as such. Is anyone angry at this I mean I thought that the graphics would be improved. I have recently got my hands on an N64 copy of Resident Evil 2 and am really enjoying it, so far I have almost completed the game as the character Leon but I was wondering if maybe I should wait for the cube version before attempting to complete the game as the other character, Claire I think her name is. What do people think and has a release date been set for Europe.
Wed 03/07/02 at 15:08
So in short are resident evil 2 and 3 gonna look like your playing the Dreamcast versions with the better graphics and added modes of play in including the stupid very easy difficulty on res 2 where you start the game with the machine gun with infinite ammo.

well they should be cool any way :)
Wed 03/07/02 at 11:55
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Capcom are also releasing Capcom VS SNK2:Hyper fight or whatever it's
> called at a budget price of about £20.

I CANNOT wait for this game.
Tue 02/07/02 at 22:26
Regular
Damn right they do.
If only they'd give us a Powerstone game as well.

Anyway, when mags say that Resi 2 and 3 aren't re-done, they mean not completely unrecognisably changed like the original was (compare screenshots of PS resi 1 and GC resi 1 - they're barely recognisable).
The graphics and animations will be touched up and smoothened (like Resifan said) and a few interesting features like character control changing as they get injured and various little touches like that.

And seeing as Sega are charging the full 40 quid for untouched DC ports, Nintendo are charging 35 quid for GBA Snes ports, I think Capcom are being really great by releasing their ports at a cheap price.

Capcom rule!
Tue 02/07/02 at 19:47
Regular
Capcom are also releasing Capcom VS SNK2:Hyper fight or whatever it's called at a budget price of about £20.

Capcom rule!!!
Tue 02/07/02 at 19:01
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I played a cracked version of RE 3, It had a trainer on it and meant i was invisible, i could also complete the game at the touch of a button. It was cool, but did detract from the "Oh my god, too many zombies" tension.
Tue 02/07/02 at 18:25
Regular
Well.... if they're no more expensive than the PSX originals, then it doesn't really matter...

Where did you get this information from anyway? The Nintendo Official Magazine recently (in the letters section) claimed that all of the games would be in the style of the GC games - i.e. improved graphics. Ah well... I'll wait and see,

See Ya ;-)

PinkPig
Thu 27/06/02 at 21:13
Regular
"Back For Good"
Resident Evil 2 for the Gamecube is a straight port of the original PS version, however it runs just like the PS version on the PS2 interlocking all the pologons with a nice smooth edge instead of the blocky original. The FMV will be gorgeous looking in DVD media and the extreme battle mode and dual shock support were never released here for the PS original but WILL be included on the budget priced GC release :-)

Worth getting :-D
Thu 27/06/02 at 18:08
yup its gunna be a £15 game so i hear which is cool anough if you like the game. I have played RE 1 and 2 but not 3
Thu 27/06/02 at 17:40
Regular
No release date but both Resi 2 and 3 are gonna be cheap, probably about £15-20.
Thu 27/06/02 at 17:34
Regular
I have read on the internet that Resi 2 & 3 are to be straight ports of the original games and not actual remakes as such. Is anyone angry at this I mean I thought that the graphics would be improved. I have recently got my hands on an N64 copy of Resident Evil 2 and am really enjoying it, so far I have almost completed the game as the character Leon but I was wondering if maybe I should wait for the cube version before attempting to complete the game as the other character, Claire I think her name is. What do people think and has a release date been set for Europe.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.