GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone getting ssx snowboard supercross?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/11/00 at 10:32
Regular
anyone gettin SSX it's supposed to b fantastic, here a little quote i wont copy it all it will take to long.

You already know what we think of SSX, Electronic Arts' massive arcade snowboarding game - it's the best thing on PlayStation 2 so far. Those with a more serious interest in snowboarding, though, are advised to give this Konami effort a look - it's a dead-on realistic simulation of the sport, with real boards, real pro riders, and courses modeled after those used for competition in the winter X games. The control is solid, the tricks are many and varied, and the quieter environments still show off some refined detail. The create-a-boarder mode, meanwhile, is a riot, with bizarre presentation and a complex series of challenges to gradually work your way through. This isn't the flashiest of games, but it's very well-made nonetheless.
Mon 06/11/00 at 10:32
anyone gettin SSX it's supposed to b fantastic, here a little quote i wont copy it all it will take to long.

You already know what we think of SSX, Electronic Arts' massive arcade snowboarding game - it's the best thing on PlayStation 2 so far. Those with a more serious interest in snowboarding, though, are advised to give this Konami effort a look - it's a dead-on realistic simulation of the sport, with real boards, real pro riders, and courses modeled after those used for competition in the winter X games. The control is solid, the tricks are many and varied, and the quieter environments still show off some refined detail. The create-a-boarder mode, meanwhile, is a riot, with bizarre presentation and a complex series of challenges to gradually work your way through. This isn't the flashiest of games, but it's very well-made nonetheless.
Mon 06/11/00 at 10:34
SORRY THAT WAS THE WRONG QUOTE, THAT WAS FOR X-GAMES ESPN SNOWBOARDING THIS IS THE SSX ONE

Our most highly rated game and the most original in the PS2 launch surprisingly comes from Electronic Arts, the founders of the videogame franchise. SSX is a snowboarder cross game with six contestants who vie for first place by using their speed, tricks, and a little foul play to take it all. What's so great about SSX is that it's -- bar none -- the best snowboarding game on any system. Boasting a killer sound system that reacts to your jumps, and presenting gamers with creative, innovative courses with multiple paths and levels, SSX is a must-have PS2 title, period.
Mon 06/11/00 at 12:48
Yeah, Ive pre-ordered it.
Mon 06/11/00 at 15:06
I pre-ordered it way back on the 7th of Sept on the strength of what many games sites were saying about it. I have not regretted that decision and now I am desperate to get my hands on it.

Roll on the 24th.
Mon 06/11/00 at 18:51
Regular
"Whatever!"
I have had this game on order for a while now. This is one of the first must have titles for the PS2. It has been getting brilliant reviews from America and the latest PSM2 Magazine has rated it 94%.
It looks like being one amazing game, and should be a lot of fun. From what I have read about it I think everyone getting a PS2 should own this.
Tue 07/11/00 at 12:49
i think ssx, fantavision and timesplitters are the only 3 games im going to pick up on the 24th, i just dont think any of the others are worthy of the asking price.
Tue 07/11/00 at 12:59
Yep, definatelt going for SSX.
I had just ordered 'Fantavision' until i read the PSM2 review. They really rate it and I have read a few reports saying SSX is the only launch title that shows what this machine can do...

As for Fantavision - Pretty fireworks meets bust-a-move. How cool is that ? I cannot wait.

Incidently, I have not had my blue book , just a letter a couple of weeks ago on Sony paper saying 'You are in the queue - more news as we get it'.

Fingers crossed.
Thu 24/05/01 at 09:37
Regular
I reckon SSX should be pretty good. I can`t wait to give it a go.
Thu 24/05/01 at 21:53
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
indeed!
i wonder what it'll be like!!!!!!!
i've preordered it, its supossed to come out as a launch title for the PS2!!!!!
Thu 24/05/01 at 22:20
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
What is an "SSX"?

;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.