GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"2.1 Havoc any good?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/06/02 at 13:32
Regular
Does anyone have the Xbox Havoc 2.1 system? Is it an good? Does it come with 2 5.1 speakers? Is it easyt to set up? Any information would be greatfully appreciated, Thanks!
Thu 27/06/02 at 19:56
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
If you did just want sound throughout your room, you could buy that system, and place two of the speakers at the back of your room. It would probably just give you the same as what is coming out of your TV though, but if that's all you want, then there's no problem. It just won't be surround sound.
Thu 27/06/02 at 19:19
Regular
Cheers Tom, that has helped loads, I am not usually into top sound kits so I thought I would try this one but now you have said about the 5.1 KIT it has changed my mind. Like you said, I don't want to them to replace my TV speakers I want 2 extra ones to give me surround sound.

Do you know where I could just buy 2 extra speakers that would hook up to my TV or Xbox just so I can have the sound throughout the room. The only problem with the 5.1 kit is that my mom will keep telling me to turn it down but I will definatley look into it more. As for the speakers, say I just wanted 2 extra ones for the back of my bedroom is it possible to hook them up to my TV or Xbox then run an extension cable so they strech to the back of my room?

Thanks once again though Tom, I will stay away from that system now.
Thu 27/06/02 at 18:38
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
To be honest, I would stay away from systems like this that are "designed for the Xbox" It basically means you'll end up paying more for the same thing.

Is there any possible way you could save up the extra cash and get the full thing? You could probably get a full system for £150, or about £200+ for a very good system. I use to think my TV speakers were good, until I got my Yamaha system. I now have my TV speakers permanently turned down to 0.

Maybe you could lay off buying games for a while, and get the cash to buy a full speaker system by a well known make (like Yamaha, Sony, Panasonic e.t.c.).

You could even try looking around for end of line systems. I got my amp and speakers for £90 less, because it is end of line and doesn't support DTS. But I would never notice/use that anyway. Mine was reduced from £300 to £209.99. It's great! I can plug everything into it! It has two optical inputs so my PS2 and Xbox can be plugged in at the same time. I was thinking of buying a cheaper system, like you. But in the end, I decided seeing as I would be spending some money, then setting up speakers e.t.c, I might as well get it perfect.

And as for the havoc 2.1, are you sure the two speakers provided act like rear speakers? They might just replace the front two, to get better sound from TVs. My reasoning for this is that there is no centre speaker, and the same sort of kit was produced for the PS2, that acted as the front two speakers, not providing Dolby Digital 5.1. Maybe you should ask SR about this? I haven't actually looked up this system, so it might actually say it in the specs, and make me look like a fool :D I dunno, just make sure before you buy it.

But even if it does mean missing out on a few games for a while (you can always win them on GAD) you will not regret spending about £200 on a DD5.1 full system. I love mine so much, I'm currently listening to an album on it. It's hardly ever turned off.

So you said you wanted our oppinions and advice? My advice is to save up the extra money, and really open your wallet on this one. And when you *do* buy a good system, make sure you take someone to help you carry the box. Carrying a 40Kg box around a town centre about 500 metres to the car wasn't easy! ;-)
Thu 27/06/02 at 17:58
Regular
www.special.reserve.co.uk/listings/extrainfo.php?co=GG9320
Thu 27/06/02 at 15:08
Regular
It is only £39.99, the 5.1 system is £129.99 but the 2.1 system comes with 2 5.1 speakers and that is all I require as my TV speaker are very good and the Sub Woofer that comes with the system is good enough to hold the sound itself. The speakers will go at the back of my room and the subwoofer next to me Xbox. The system has a seperate amp control that can be kept near your seat permenantley. I would just like to know some more about this product, e.g. how long is the cable for the speakers, is the quality clear etc. Although the product isn't out over here yet until July 15th there are reviews around but I just can not find them.
Thu 27/06/02 at 14:59
Regular
"BOSE"
i'm just curious here.how much is it gonna cost?
Thu 27/06/02 at 14:31
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> I had no breakfast.
>
>
>
> What is Havoc 2.1?

It is the new sound system for yor Xbox, it comes out on the 15th July and I really want to get it, but I don't know too much about it just a few basics.
Thu 27/06/02 at 14:16
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I had no breakfast.

What is Havoc 2.1?
Thu 27/06/02 at 13:35
Regular
garbe123 wrote:
Any information would
> be greatfully appreciated, Thanks!

I had Cornflakes for Breakfast.
Thu 27/06/02 at 13:32
Regular
Does anyone have the Xbox Havoc 2.1 system? Is it an good? Does it come with 2 5.1 speakers? Is it easyt to set up? Any information would be greatfully appreciated, Thanks!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.