GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Some cool bands"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/06/02 at 20:44
Regular
NOFX
PENNYWISE
GOLDFINGER
A.F.I.
LUBBY NUGGET
SEX PISTOLS
etc
Mon 08/07/02 at 13:48
Regular
"Omnipresent"
Me first... are cool. Their albums are expensive though.
Mon 08/07/02 at 11:54
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
locky1133 wrote:
> The Smoking popes? No. Erm... anyone heard of 'me first and the gimme
> gimmes'? Or, erm... Propaghandi?

My brother has been playing the Gimme Gimmes 'Blowing in the wind' tons lately, cos they played it as a radio advert for The Lockup (punk rock and hip hop radio show) on the Rock Show (plays alt rock and metal) and my brothe always listens to the rock show... and I usually listen to the Lockup (didn't during my exams cos it is on at about 2am...)

Propaghandi's latest album 'Todays empires, Tomorrows ashes' rules. I listened to that tons when I first got it... haven't played it a great deal recently, but a great album nonetheless...
Fri 05/07/02 at 20:29
Regular
"Omnipresent"
loki wrote:
> Spike Slawson's voice is fantastic as well. Add two members of
> Lagwagon and a NOFX-er. How could they fail?

True. If you've got Fat Mike in your band, you're gauranteed (is that how you spell gauranteed?) success. I've only got one of their songs (Only the good die young - Punk-o-rama Vol2) but I've heard some of there other stuff (that walking on sunshine, is it good 'cos i've heard the original and it's okay). I'll have to look out for 'the smoking popes', they sound alright. I've gone about these guys a lot but you have to get their album. I'm talking about LUBBY NUGGET - SUBTLE CRUCIAL. It may take a while to get into but it is REALLY good. There website is www.lubbynugget.co.uk, but it does them no justice. Buy the CD, I liked it so much I bought one of there hoodies (for only a tenner I might add!)
erm... I was gonna say something else... but I forgot. I'll think of it later.
Wed 03/07/02 at 18:00
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
locky1133 wrote:
> The Smoking popes? No. Erm... anyone heard of 'me first and the gimme
> gimmes'? Or, erm... Propaghandi?

Yeah, I've ranted a few times on the forums about the Gimme Gimmes. Instant grin whenever I put them on. The thing is, loads of bands to 'comedy' punk covers of songs but they do it properly and you realise that some of the tracks they cover are actuually great tunes, they were often just done badly to start with.

Spike Slawson's voice is fantastic as well. Add two members of Lagwagon and a NOFX-er. How could they fail?

The Smoking Popes were fantastic Chicago punk band but they broke up a few years ago. The drummer joined Alkaline Trio for a bit. They sound a bit like what would happen if Morrissey from The Smiths joined a punk band. But in a good way. Their lyrics are kinda soppy and lovelorn sometimes, but then so am I.
Wed 03/07/02 at 17:42
Regular
"Omnipresent"
Anyone know a good Rancid album?
Wed 03/07/02 at 17:41
Regular
"Omnipresent"
The Smoking popes? No. Erm... anyone heard of 'me first and the gimme gimmes'? Or, erm... Propaghandi?
Tue 02/07/02 at 10:13
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Lagwagon's 'Let's Talk About Feelings' is one of my favourite LPs, just fantastic. Well that and The Ataris' 'Blue Skies, Broken Hearts...' were two of my most played albums recently.

Has anyone else heard of the Smoking Popes?
Sun 30/06/02 at 23:53
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
yeah, I'm probably gonna update tomorrow sometime with a new kind of layout for the intro page and a new 'song of the week' bit on the home page... so keep em peeled :D

Also, updates should be coming thick and fast over the next few days and weeks, so hopefully more reviews up by tuesday... So keep checking back everyone!!! :D
Sun 30/06/02 at 22:28
Been to your site Sibs its cool other then those bloody popups The bigD interview was good ;0)
Sun 30/06/02 at 22:16
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
You lot, go to my site!!!

www.unitepunk.tk

It has punk band reviews, news, articles, etc. etc. so check it out and tell me what you think!!! Cheers :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.