GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I Can't Wait"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/06/02 at 17:05
Regular
I can't wait until I get old.

I don't mean old as in grandfather old I mean older as in older. About the age of mid-twenties...should be one cool life.

Now I'll probably get alot of you older folk come on to me for saying that, you'll probably start saying how being younger was much better and you wished you could go back to it. Well, I can't wait to escape it.

Thing is, there's nothing really bad about this stage in my life. I'm 16, I've had great times so why should I want to escape that? To get older and die more quickly? Nope, I'd love to stay alive for ever.

You're probably wondering why I post this, your probably bored reading up to here. If you are, just press that X in the top right hand corner of your window. This is just a post I'm doing for me, to show how at this stage I really appreciate my future and what it holds for me. I think many of you should think about that too for yourselves and be as happy as I am.

I couldn't feel any happier...

I've just left school, I've got 2 months off or something.

In that time I hope to do alot of things with my band and share our music with everyone, that includes giving music out for free to friends and stuff. I hope everyone likes it, we certainly do.

I've only just got back into gaming from not being in to it so much. No matter what my Mum and Dad feel about me playing games I am enjoying it and really loving the future for it. When you and me are older there will be games unlike what we play to do. I'm telling you now, it will be some ride. I hope, like me, you will stay on the rollercoaster.

Soon I'll meet new people. I mean, at the moment I've only known the same people, I've seen them nearly everyday and I just wished I could meet some new. Well, this is the time when I do. I'm becoming more of an adult now, I am starting new schooling, I am going to become something and I wouldn't want it to come any sooner then it will be.

I know it's far fetched, but I can't wait to marry either and meet all the girls before it. We'll leave that for another time...:-)

So, I look at these things and it really makes me happy. What will I become when I'm older? Maybe a web designer? I hope so, I am just getting in touch with it.

What I want all you young people to do is not look down, but look up. Look to what you could achieve and try and get there, set yourself goals. You can all do it. Even if you know you can't reach those goals just think about the happiness you will have in you later lifes. Enjoy that. I am.

But when I'm old and fragile I'll think back to this, I won't take all my words back, but I won't say the same for the future.
Wed 26/06/02 at 17:05
"Uzi Lover"
I can't wait until I get old.

I don't mean old as in grandfather old I mean older as in older. About the age of mid-twenties...should be one cool life.

Now I'll probably get alot of you older folk come on to me for saying that, you'll probably start saying how being younger was much better and you wished you could go back to it. Well, I can't wait to escape it.

Thing is, there's nothing really bad about this stage in my life. I'm 16, I've had great times so why should I want to escape that? To get older and die more quickly? Nope, I'd love to stay alive for ever.

You're probably wondering why I post this, your probably bored reading up to here. If you are, just press that X in the top right hand corner of your window. This is just a post I'm doing for me, to show how at this stage I really appreciate my future and what it holds for me. I think many of you should think about that too for yourselves and be as happy as I am.

I couldn't feel any happier...

I've just left school, I've got 2 months off or something.

In that time I hope to do alot of things with my band and share our music with everyone, that includes giving music out for free to friends and stuff. I hope everyone likes it, we certainly do.

I've only just got back into gaming from not being in to it so much. No matter what my Mum and Dad feel about me playing games I am enjoying it and really loving the future for it. When you and me are older there will be games unlike what we play to do. I'm telling you now, it will be some ride. I hope, like me, you will stay on the rollercoaster.

Soon I'll meet new people. I mean, at the moment I've only known the same people, I've seen them nearly everyday and I just wished I could meet some new. Well, this is the time when I do. I'm becoming more of an adult now, I am starting new schooling, I am going to become something and I wouldn't want it to come any sooner then it will be.

I know it's far fetched, but I can't wait to marry either and meet all the girls before it. We'll leave that for another time...:-)

So, I look at these things and it really makes me happy. What will I become when I'm older? Maybe a web designer? I hope so, I am just getting in touch with it.

What I want all you young people to do is not look down, but look up. Look to what you could achieve and try and get there, set yourself goals. You can all do it. Even if you know you can't reach those goals just think about the happiness you will have in you later lifes. Enjoy that. I am.

But when I'm old and fragile I'll think back to this, I won't take all my words back, but I won't say the same for the future.
Wed 26/06/02 at 17:18
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I don't really find myself thinking about the far future much anymore... I think I used to think about it a lot more... I spose I'm not really too bothered anymore. I just want to take life as it comes. I do look forward to the future in a way... I'll meet new people, have new experiences, (hopefully :D) make new friends, and all that. But There is also that kind of fear... it's uncertainty... uncertain if I'll get anywhere in life, and if I'll be able to stay true to what I believe in...

Hmm... The future is inevitable. It has to be better to look forward to it than to be afraid of it.
Wed 26/06/02 at 20:24
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
That was an interesting read.
Wed 26/06/02 at 20:29
Regular
I want to be younger. About 12 would do it. Life is much simpler.
Wed 26/06/02 at 20:29
Regular
"how long have i got"
That was great, i cant wait to get old now.
Wed 26/06/02 at 23:06
"Uzi Lover"
Sibs wrote:
But There is also that kind of fear... it's uncertainty... uncertain if
> I'll get anywhere in life, and if I'll be able to stay true to what I
> believe in...

Totally, I respect that.

Just got to look at the good thigns in life and whats coming up and be grateful. I love saying to myself that I can't wait until tommorow.
Thu 27/06/02 at 00:20
I'd rather be younger. Nothing beats the memories of all your first attempts, eh?
Thu 27/06/02 at 00:29
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Don't wish your life away

Although teenage years suck

Childhood rules
Thu 27/06/02 at 01:27
Regular
"everyone says it"
Your reasons for growing up are so different from mine.

If you are enjoying life at current. MILK IT as much you can.

Please... for hell sake.. milk it.
Thu 27/06/02 at 01:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Being in your twenties (I can't believe I'm almost out of those. 30 next year...jesus) rocks.
Trust me.

I wouldn't want to go back to my teen years for all the money in the world.
That's the time you notice girls, but also the time that hormones conspire to make you the most unattractive you'll ever be in your life for a couple of years.
Oh cruel irony why do you mock us so?

Nope, I'm having the time of my life now I've come out of those years and loving (mostly) every moment of it.
You get a better class of women - not teens interested in getting mashed on alchopops.
You can afford to buy any game you want, any time you want. I bought a Gamecube on a whim so I could play Star Wars and I'm selling it next week.
You have a better understanding of the world (althougn I think you could live to be 200 and still not get 99% of it to be honest)

People treat what you say with more gravitas than when you're a teen, because you get written off as "he's just a kid, what does he know?".
This I find hilarious, as I talk complete rubbish most of time yet people still listen and think I have valid points to make.

You get to laugh at teens doing their thing, strutting about thinking they invented dance music/car park racing etc and think "I used to be like that, thank christ I grew up", and you dont feel threatened by those little urchin gangs hanging outside shops, because you just laugh and tell them where to go if they give you mouth.

And best of all, you get to phone up work and pretend to be ill when you fancy doing something else like playing video-games or going into London to meet a fit lass that is gagging for it.
Hur Hur Hur

There are downsides somewhere but damned if I can find them.
The only thing I will say, and it's a cliche, is that time speeds up to a stupid rate.
I mean we're already in June 2002 for chrissakes, I was born in 1973.
I was a child of the 70's & 80's and that seems like Roman Times.

And you get to reminisce like an old fart, whilst sitting up smoking,eating Haribou Sweet and Sour fizzy sweets.
I talk about this with mates, and we say we may be approaching 30 but we don't feel any different at all than when we were 14.
Except we're bigger, hairer and have more money.

Being old(er) rocks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.