GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"(Game) Sega Superstars Tennis Xbox 360"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Sega Superstars Tennis'.
Mon 07/04/08 at 23:51
Regular
"I like turtles"
Sega are becoming the masters of missed opportunity of late (with the exception of the excellent Virtua Fighter 5).Their are very few easily accessible multiplayer games for people to play with children and friends who are not hardcore gamers.This game is aimed at exactly this market with 'famous' Sega characters (Sonic the Hedgehog) to perhaps not so famous ones (The dwarf from Golden Axe !).The graphics are average at best but the game is very bright and colourful.There are many of us who would forgive Sega for minor niggles just as long as the game was just 'good,old fashioned fun to play'.Here's the first disappointment,It isn't.Bearing in mind the game is obviously based on the Virtua Tennis 3 engine surely this should play like a kind of 'dumbed down',easier to play version of that ?.I found this far harder to play than Virtua Tennis 3 (which is possible to play with just the stick and the green button if you want).This game has a messed up control system which isn't helped by infuriating character animations (which seem to take up nearly half the game time) and ridiculous power ups which seem to add nothing to the gameplay at all ?.Both of these features seem to,If anything break up the flow of playing the game,Rather than enhancing it.This plays more like a game that should have been put out on Xbox marketplace for a few hundred MS points rather than one that retails for around £40.

Its the sort of game thats misses pretty much all of its targets.If you want a multiplayer sports game pick up a copy of Virtua Tennis 3.If you want a game you can spend some time with your kids on this is nowhere near as much as fun as Lego Star Wars (Lego Indiana Jones is out soon and looks ace too)and If its a fun party game you're after spend a few extra quid and get the fantastic Guitar Hero 3 (which is an immense amount of fun).

I didn't try playing this online (unless anyone than knows me spotted me on it!) as I'd pretty much lost interest in it before I got around to trying it.It is a poor excuse for a game and one I am so glad I borrowed (as my daughter was after buying it).Sega had a great opportunity here to make a fun and easily accessible party game and sadly (yet again) they missed the target by a mile.

3/10 Don't bother.
Thu 10/04/08 at 08:03
Regular
"THFC"
well it is very basic. works well but there is no depth to it really.

Its always nice when u have something t work to - like a new level or characters
Wed 09/04/08 at 21:47
Regular
"I like turtles"
jubbachainsaw wrote:
> Would it be better on the Wii do you think?

I'd be surprised if it was any worse !.Doesn't the Wii come bundled with a pretty decent tennis game anyway ?.
Wed 09/04/08 at 12:50
Regular
"THFC"
I downloaded the Demo for the Ps3 and i found it kinda hard, i was Shadow and the computer AiAI, the controls didnt seem to responsive and AiAi's shots curl all the time lol but i found it fun and turning Shadow into his power made and using Chaos contorl was fun
Wed 09/04/08 at 12:44
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Would it be better on the Wii do you think?
Tue 08/04/08 at 21:12
Regular
"Thinking and typing"
Hmmm...one to miss
Mon 07/04/08 at 23:51
Regular
"I like turtles"
Sega are becoming the masters of missed opportunity of late (with the exception of the excellent Virtua Fighter 5).Their are very few easily accessible multiplayer games for people to play with children and friends who are not hardcore gamers.This game is aimed at exactly this market with 'famous' Sega characters (Sonic the Hedgehog) to perhaps not so famous ones (The dwarf from Golden Axe !).The graphics are average at best but the game is very bright and colourful.There are many of us who would forgive Sega for minor niggles just as long as the game was just 'good,old fashioned fun to play'.Here's the first disappointment,It isn't.Bearing in mind the game is obviously based on the Virtua Tennis 3 engine surely this should play like a kind of 'dumbed down',easier to play version of that ?.I found this far harder to play than Virtua Tennis 3 (which is possible to play with just the stick and the green button if you want).This game has a messed up control system which isn't helped by infuriating character animations (which seem to take up nearly half the game time) and ridiculous power ups which seem to add nothing to the gameplay at all ?.Both of these features seem to,If anything break up the flow of playing the game,Rather than enhancing it.This plays more like a game that should have been put out on Xbox marketplace for a few hundred MS points rather than one that retails for around £40.

Its the sort of game thats misses pretty much all of its targets.If you want a multiplayer sports game pick up a copy of Virtua Tennis 3.If you want a game you can spend some time with your kids on this is nowhere near as much as fun as Lego Star Wars (Lego Indiana Jones is out soon and looks ace too)and If its a fun party game you're after spend a few extra quid and get the fantastic Guitar Hero 3 (which is an immense amount of fun).

I didn't try playing this online (unless anyone than knows me spotted me on it!) as I'd pretty much lost interest in it before I got around to trying it.It is a poor excuse for a game and one I am so glad I borrowed (as my daughter was after buying it).Sega had a great opportunity here to make a fun and easily accessible party game and sadly (yet again) they missed the target by a mile.

3/10 Don't bother.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.