GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doublezero & Franny's official online Halo challenge."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/06/02 at 13:48
Regular
Many of you probably don't know this but myself (doublezero)and Franny are infact housemates.
[Meaning that we live in the same house, we are not (i repeat NOT) homosexual life partners!]

Anyway, we have been playing Halo online for some time now and if you don't mind me saying so we are pretty damn good! We play online via the site: www.Gamespy.com. If anyone else who plays Halo online feels they can challenge us and that perhaps you even have a chance of beating us, then we'd be only to happy to arrange a time for a battle.

Interested or want any other info? Then just let us know.

In case you are wondering, the game we play is Team Slayer, usually on the levels; Blood Gulch, Sidewinder, Battle Creek or Rat Race. However, we'd be more than happy to accept challenges on other levels. We'd also possibly consider other games, but we must admit that 'capture the flag' really isn't our cup of tea.

We're waiting...
Tue 02/07/02 at 16:11
Regular
"cant think of one.."
gamezfreak wrote:
> What u mean? If your looking for a network lead (RJ-45) u can get em
> down your local computer shop cheap

Thats right, don't waste your time and money getting any official cables.
*Apologises to SR for any lost sales*

As gamezfreak says, any half-decent computer shop should sell you some cheap network cable, cos it's exactly the same cable you would use if you were networking 2 PC's together. Its pretty cheap and is priced depending upon the length required. (So if you're Xbox is next to your PC it should be inexpensive)
Tue 02/07/02 at 08:50
Regular
What u mean? If your looking for a network lead (RJ-45) u can get em down your local computer shop cheap
Mon 01/07/02 at 21:19
I am ready to go but I aint got the connecter to play it anyone want to flog me one for cheap :P
Mon 01/07/02 at 18:46
Regular
Just had a sudden, quick day dream about playing Halo: CTF Extreme on Blood Gulch *drool*

Just imagine it though 8 player CTF online, it would be awesome

Also can you get a banshee on any of the multiplayer levels?
Mon 01/07/02 at 14:33
Regular
"cant think of one.."
gamezfreak wrote:
> I use, the £14.99 a month NTL broadband service, its fast and
> miles better than 56k.
>
> BTW, Doublezero, in my opinion, Gamespy sucks. Use a program called
> XBConnect from www.xbconnect.com There are no adverts and its one hell
> of a lot better for xbox users

Yeah, Ntl is good. I'll have to check out xbconnect.com and see if its as good as you say it is. There's nothing worse than attempting to use the sniper rifle in Halo whilst suffering from a bad connection.
Thu 27/06/02 at 17:28
Regular
I use, the £14.99 a month NTL broadband service, its fast and miles better than 56k.

BTW, Doublezero, in my opinion, Gamespy sucks. Use a program called XBConnect from www.xbconnect.com There are no adverts and its one hell of a lot better for xbox users
Thu 27/06/02 at 16:58
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I'll be sorting out my NIC and stuff soon, so i'll be up for a few online games within the next week or so.
Thu 27/06/02 at 12:31
Regular
"cant think of one.."
savatt1668 wrote:
> You've probably seen Resurection around here at times - he's my
> cousin. He tends to come over my place on Friday's and we play Halo
> all the time. Once I've got everything set up with this comp I'm
> getting I'm sure we can get something arranged. :-)

Yeah definitely, once you're sorted we'll have a proper showdown!
Thu 27/06/02 at 12:30
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Daveus wrote:
> i would challenge you but i only have a 56k modem. but i do have a
> question :)
> who's better out of the two of you?

Well, speaking from a purely objective point of view, I would have to say that I am the better player. :)
To be honest, because we play together on the same team so much, we are both fairly equal and play using similar tactics, techniques and weapons preferences.

As for your 56k modem, get broadband! You can pick it up for as little as aprox. £15 a month and it's pretty damn good. Ntl is what we use and its good, but I guess it depends on whether or not it is available in your area. (whether or not the relevant cables have been laid, etc...)
Wed 26/06/02 at 14:04
Regular
"BOSE"
i would challenge you but i only have a 56k modem. but i do have a question :)

who's better out of the two of you?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.