GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Could the X-Box be the 'new' PSX???"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/11/00 at 21:07
Regular
When Sony released the Playstation five years ago no-one knew what to expect as they had never released a console before. Now look at how popular that has become.
Since Microsoft announced that it would be making the X-Box all Ive heard is people saying "But they havent ever released a console before". So again we do not know what to expect.
But could it be possible that the X-Box will become the new Playstation. With no experience in console gaming that will obviously be the disadvantage. With Bill Gates behind it and taking a leaf out of Sony's success that will surely be the advantage.....right??

Tell me what do you think???
Sun 05/11/00 at 21:07
Regular
"Whatever!"
When Sony released the Playstation five years ago no-one knew what to expect as they had never released a console before. Now look at how popular that has become.
Since Microsoft announced that it would be making the X-Box all Ive heard is people saying "But they havent ever released a console before". So again we do not know what to expect.
But could it be possible that the X-Box will become the new Playstation. With no experience in console gaming that will obviously be the disadvantage. With Bill Gates behind it and taking a leaf out of Sony's success that will surely be the advantage.....right??

Tell me what do you think???
Mon 06/11/00 at 18:19
I agree with you. Sony's first console became a hit so why shouldn't Microsoft's first console be that to. X-box is more power full then PS2 and it will be released a year after PS2. And the games are great, Halo, the new Oddworld game, Metal Gear Solid X, Jurassic Park X, mabye Final Fantasy 10 and 11, Outcast 2(mabye), EA games and more. So why not purchase a X-Box next year?
Wed 31/01/01 at 12:41
I think that Microsoft actually have a big advantage in the fact that they have never produced a console before as they should have originality, which so far from what i can see is the ps2's biggest problem, that its just producing hi res and graphically superb games that at the end of the day are just the same old thing but with different graphics.

So the XBox could well be the next big console that everyone and his dog owns, if they get the price right
Wed 31/01/01 at 12:50
Regular
"Complete Banker"
FunkyMonk wrote:
And the games are great, Halo, the new Oddworld game, Metal Gear Solid X, Jurassic Park X, mabye Final Fantasy 10 and 11, Outcast 2(mabye), EA games and more.

And everyone says the PS2 has too many sequels!
Only Halo is original and Microsoft bought Bungie to ensure that no one else could have it!
Sun 18/02/01 at 21:26
thge xbox are are going to be quite a tribute to the console world and will definatley take over it.
The xbox contain the new nvidia v2o chip wich cfan pruduces about 31milion triangles a second, wich will blow the ps2 away,

as for the pc gaming world no chance
as you will probably now 3dfx and nvidia have merged and are curently producing a new chip with direct3d anf glide mixed,
which on A high spec system will double the xbox performance plus the pc's are on moniter which is much more cleare

so to round it all up the xbxox will take over the console world for sure but not the pc gaming world.

thats the bottom line cos I said so!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sat 10/03/01 at 18:49
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
The Indrema is more likely to be the new PSX. Reason? Both pants.
Wed 09/05/01 at 00:51
Regular
"Back For Good"
i think everyone who likes the xbox will just give a load of gibberish about the specs and name some games it has in the "future" excuse me people but the Playstation 2 will have taken over the Electronics boutique shelves by the time the x box is released and which console are people going to pick MICRO "this program has performed an illegal opeation" SOFT with their "new" console which 0 games or the playstation 2 with the addon hard drive/internet and loads of fantastic games all over the shelves.and even if the xbox goes a bit by the time it gets going the playstation 3 will crush it.i rest my case
Wed 13/06/01 at 15:17
residentevilfan wrote:

I'm not even going too waste forum space with your gibberish.

I have read most of your posts and have come to the following conclusion : You're an idiot...

All you do is X-Box bash. Why? The only possible rational reason is you are Sony biased. You have even stated under other topics, that you have first hand experience of the X-Box, I for one don't believe you.

Although I truely believe the X-Box will succeed, both on its high-specs and on the games in production, I do not dismiss the PS2 its a fair games console. It has some nice games, I have access to about thirty, and only play SSX (thank god I don't have to pay for them).

The PS2 is going the way of the Dreamcast, with PS2 pirated games so easily available,

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.