GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"what graphics card"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/06/02 at 18:04
Regular
help, yes im thick as pig sh*t ..i know very little about pc's. i need a new graphics card and dont know which to buy there are loads to choose from and im getting s**tressed ....i have a 1 gig athlon with over 300 sdram..i have only about £100 to spend(im poor too lol)i know i need a 64meg and i have only a pci socket not a ag thingy..HELP ME
Sun 07/07/02 at 16:29
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
full stops????

I know mx400 is not a good choice for agp users that is why it is in my old computer, the one without agp slots, my newer computer has a geforce3 ti500 but the mx400 did me just fine when i couldn't get an agp card and it is still reasonably good card in most games (still nowhere near ti500).END COMMUNICATION.
Sun 07/07/02 at 15:28
Regular
erm no Stone cold.....
Sun 07/07/02 at 15:07
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Think he just means they'd be more suited to the PC/Internet forum, which is generally understood to be the place to ask about hardware stuffs..
Sun 07/07/02 at 14:55
Without graphics cards, life would be meaningless.
Sun 07/07/02 at 12:23
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Fog wrote:
> Why are there so many threads about stupid graphicsa cards in here.

Because it's a PC games forum, and PC games require 3D cards to play properly. If you think these threads are stupid, don't reply to them.
Sun 07/07/02 at 11:27
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Why are there so many threads about stupid graphicsa cards in here.
Sun 07/07/02 at 02:21
Regular
Geforce mx for PCI ...... probably good for ppl who dont have a AGP slot... tho poor decision for a AGP user..
and even teh mx400's why produce those when the original oens were way faster :[
Sat 06/07/02 at 22:27
Ever heard of full-stops?
Sat 06/07/02 at 22:24
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
i have a PCI GeForce2 MX400 with 64mb RAM in my old computer and it works pretty well with 320mb RAM in all my games except GTA3 but all other games run great in 1024 x 768 PNY technologies also have a GF4 MX420 available you should check PNY.com about that, its basically the same but way faster, i don't know if you can buy straight from pny but i got my mx400 from pc world, hope this helps...
Sat 06/07/02 at 22:11
Oh I remeber the good old days. Three years ago I got my PC, 128 MB of RAM, Nividia TNT2 graphics card, Athlon 600, plenty of hard disk space left. Yes, the days were good. Then my hard disk was getting rapidly taken up with all my games, my RAM was getting outdated, as well as my processor and especially my graphics card. But now, I am focussed on bringing the good old days back. Today I got an extra 256MB Ram for £40, and now I need a processor and graphics card. If only I had about £300 to spend, oh well. There is robbery...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.