GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Front Page extensions?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/04/08 at 13:57
Regular
why is it that when frontpage extensions are enabled you cant upload usung FTP via cute etc? and why must you use the Frontpage publish option to connect. And will freeola ever support FP extensions?

Digi
Sun 06/04/08 at 01:56
Regular
Hi Hmmm the reason I mentioned it is that we are doing a site for a customer, and he bought his domains from another company they offer FP extensions and while they were active i could not use Cute FTP they wanted me to use FP to publish- I declined and switched off FP extensions they do how ever offer a free download of Wise FTP - its better than cute as it sees files that Cute dosent like .htacces files etc so that was a bonus. The doamains were cheap, but hosting is expensive but the customer is king and he is paying, I tried to get him to move to freeola but he wasnt for changing, the other benefit to his hosts are that you can upload from any connection ie not a freeola one

Digi
Sat 05/04/08 at 14:42
"Are you sure?"
Digi - Frontpage Extensions are so 1999 ;¬)
Around that time Freeola were thinking of installing them but they didn't make it.

Now Frontpage is finished (replaced with Expression Web) I would try to find other ways of providing similar functionality - JavaScript, SSI/CGI and PHP etc.

For FTP I would recommend using Filezilla and not the FP 'publish' option you mention.

Frontpage Extensions/webbots etc. mostly require Microsoft hosting - Freeola uses FreeBSD/Apache rather than MS products.

Search Freeola Chat My Freeola Instant Site
Sat 05/04/08 at 13:57
Regular
why is it that when frontpage extensions are enabled you cant upload usung FTP via cute etc? and why must you use the Frontpage publish option to connect. And will freeola ever support FP extensions?

Digi

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.