GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/06/02 at 11:39
Regular
Hey, does anybody know much about the new games coming, the Loard of the rings and the hobbit, as i have seen various shows on them and have learnt little, only that is is to be bassed on the movie as they couldn't get the liscence for the books and that the ring makes you invisible and taes HP down whilst you wear it.

Does anybody actually know much about it as the second movies comes out in a while and two/three games can be released and surely they won't do them all at the same time.

I'd like to know if anybody knows what style of game it is as hopefully it will be an RPG adventure. I wish to learnmore on the games as the movie was ace and the game will probably be brilliant!

Thanx
Sir Auron
Sun 23/06/02 at 11:39
Regular
"$hit happens"
Hey, does anybody know much about the new games coming, the Loard of the rings and the hobbit, as i have seen various shows on them and have learnt little, only that is is to be bassed on the movie as they couldn't get the liscence for the books and that the ring makes you invisible and taes HP down whilst you wear it.

Does anybody actually know much about it as the second movies comes out in a while and two/three games can be released and surely they won't do them all at the same time.

I'd like to know if anybody knows what style of game it is as hopefully it will be an RPG adventure. I wish to learnmore on the games as the movie was ace and the game will probably be brilliant!

Thanx
Sir Auron
Sun 23/06/02 at 12:13
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Lord Of the Rings is out soon.........probably a cash in on the movie unfortuantely.......The Hobbit is out later....and the Two Towers is out to co-incide with the film release (I think)
Sun 23/06/02 at 12:20
Regular
"DS..."
Try reading the books, as much as the film is very good and the games are sure to be half-decent at least, they still can't include the amount of unprecedented detail and imagination as are in the original books, they will also last you must longer than the games as well, just a suggestion :)

slik ~_~
Sun 23/06/02 at 21:10
Regular
"$hit happens"
I have read some of the books, i am not into reading! lol
Sun 23/06/02 at 21:52
Regular
The hobbit is bound to be awsome, there are two LOTR games, one lot based on the movie and the other based on the books. Whoever bought the book license (sierra i think) were very VERY cunning.
Mon 24/06/02 at 01:24
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I would agree, the ownership of the book rights allows for much more imaginative character interpretation. However i cant help but feel that the young uns that seen the film but didnt read the book will be more drawn to the movie licence because of the character familiarity.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.