GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The stuff that was left out of Halo!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/06/02 at 11:07
Regular
i recently saw a video of the original trailer for halo. It showed part of the original silent chartographer level and it looked a hell of a lot different. And im surprised at the amount of features that were cut out of the final game.

Graphics wise it wasn't quite up to scratch with the final draft it was more half-life than halo (im not saying theres anything wrong with half-life) the graphics were a bit edgey but thats about all i could see wrong with it.

But there was loads of really cool stuff taken out of it like the option to change from first person to third person, there were extra weapons like the flamethrower, the covenent sniper and a very cool rotating machine gun.
Also the master chief got to use a plasma sword like the elites.

The vehicles were loads different aswell the warthog had a rocket launcher instead of a gatling gun and there was a tank not featuring in the final game which was like they normal covenent tank except with gaps in the side and a man controled gun on the top which looked suspiciously like the sentry gun, i think you might have been able to capture and use this

also there was a hell of a lot more speech than the game we play now they would talk all the time and would talk in coordination with what you did like if you would go into a tunnel someone would wait at the entrance and say ill wait here you go ahead. in cut scenes you could hear coveneant conversations

For some reason or another there were dinosaurs in the original which would attack yo if you provoked them or got too close and run away at the sound of gunfire.

all these feature are very cool and i cant believe bungie cut them but i hope they put them in halo 2

could you reply with suggestion of what you think they should add to the sequel as well as your views of the game
thanks never_unplug
Tue 09/07/02 at 16:26
Regular
I would'nt of minded a Banshee to be in the multiplayer levels.
Tue 25/06/02 at 07:09
Regular
"BOSE"
i'm not sure about you wanting human enemies. you see it's the future. humans vs aliens. the only thing i would of added would of been AI in multiplayer. they did it in The World Is Not Enough on the N64 so why can't they do it on Halo?
Sun 23/06/02 at 19:40
Regular
"everyone says it"
Hmmm... In Halo there should have been:

-Human enemies! I couldn't have any emotion to the aliens or flood in the game and this actually upset me, at least when killing humans you can relate to shooting them in the nuts and it makes it more enjoyable.

-More guns! Whether smaller handguns which have a spree of bullets or different shotguns. Halo NEEDED more guns and grenades.

-More levels, or current levels divided up! Much easier to have fun and go back to, instead of telling yourself like I did that you had to complete this level. :-|

-Goldeneye. What? lol
Sun 23/06/02 at 17:18
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah I still play Halo all the time. :-) I think the improvement in the area of the marines is most important. Afterall, in the first game, the best parts tend to be the moments where your backed up by marines in big fights.
Sun 23/06/02 at 15:41
Regular
I'm playing through Halo for a second time at the moment - the game rocks, no doubt about it!

I agree with what savatt's written, especially the changing weather conditions, bots in multiplayer, and your own squad of marines, each one with his/her own distinct personality and accent.
Maybe they could be as strong as you are so they wouldn't die very easily. Throughout the game you'd get to know them and you'd want to protect them if they got into difficulty.
This would make the game even more immersive and realistic.
Sun 23/06/02 at 15:02
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Things I'd love to see in Halo 2...

The chance to use the colour you pick in the main game (so you don't just have to be green).

More large battlefield fights with large numbers of marines and covenant - both sides using vehicles.

Your own squad of marines that assist you through the game. Don't have to neccesarily issue them orders, but having your own squad to go around with would make it that bit more personal. Maybe you could even name the members of your squad and give them certain weapons. As marines are killed, there could be a way to have more marines issued to your squad.

A huge battle scene or 2 that includes multiple dropships bringing more troops and vehicles in on both sides. Other things that can be included are the small barricade walls you see marines get behind on the Pillar of Autumn, gun turrets and areas that are tactically good to keep control of, giving you good sniping positions, etc.

Gun turrets for the marines.

All vehicles can be destroyed - including dropships. Also, the Scorpion should protect the driver more from the likes of rocket shots and although heavily armoured, should have a limit before its destroyed. New vehicles would also be nice. Maybe a marine vehicle to answer to the covenants Banshee. A troop carrier style vehicle would be nice, maybe with a top mounted machine gun that works like the Scorpion's. Also, how bout an Artillery gun vehicle that can rain shots down on the enemy - working quite similarly to the Wraith's shot (covenant tank).

Bots in multiplayer.

A mini gun weapon would be nice. Maybe also a knife as a third emergency weapon that does a little more damage than a gun when fighting an enemy face to face (with an instant kill when attacking from behind as usual).

Marine squads (including your personal one) could consist of other Spartan's (Master Chief) as well as normal marines.

Marines should be able to drive vehicles such as the warthog and Scorpion so that battlefields can become even more hectic as well as giving the chance for a player to use the Warthog's machine gun or sit as a passenger.

4 player co-op mode. This could make for some excellent moments. ;-)
Plus there should be the option to make the co-op (wether 2 or upto 4 player mode) a split screen or link up.

Native wildlife. As well as having the opposing forces, maybe animals native to the area can be roaming around.

Changing weather conditions. Maybe it could rain heavily sometimes or even turn into a storm.

Destruction of certain surroundings. Things like trees and certain rocks could be blown apart or torn down as things like rockets hit them. Could make battlefields that bit more atmospheric when you see things like this along with mud being turfed up from explosions.

Thats about it for now. ;-)) Might come up with more ideas later. ;-)
Sun 23/06/02 at 14:43
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
There was a great topic ages ago about what people would like to see in Halo 2, all those ideas could be sent to OXM, as they want readers ideas on what should be in Halo 2. The best get printed in an upand comming mag so if someone wanted to pop the topic back to the top, that would be great.

I personally couldn't be bothered. :P
Sun 23/06/02 at 11:18
Regular
As I am yet to finish Halo I will comment once at the end. So far I would like to see a couple more vehicles, customizable costume, multiplayer bots, indoor levels seem to look the same so they need improving and a few extra levels. Otherwise HALO is the best game I have ever played and I can't wait for the sequel!
Sun 23/06/02 at 11:07
i recently saw a video of the original trailer for halo. It showed part of the original silent chartographer level and it looked a hell of a lot different. And im surprised at the amount of features that were cut out of the final game.

Graphics wise it wasn't quite up to scratch with the final draft it was more half-life than halo (im not saying theres anything wrong with half-life) the graphics were a bit edgey but thats about all i could see wrong with it.

But there was loads of really cool stuff taken out of it like the option to change from first person to third person, there were extra weapons like the flamethrower, the covenent sniper and a very cool rotating machine gun.
Also the master chief got to use a plasma sword like the elites.

The vehicles were loads different aswell the warthog had a rocket launcher instead of a gatling gun and there was a tank not featuring in the final game which was like they normal covenent tank except with gaps in the side and a man controled gun on the top which looked suspiciously like the sentry gun, i think you might have been able to capture and use this

also there was a hell of a lot more speech than the game we play now they would talk all the time and would talk in coordination with what you did like if you would go into a tunnel someone would wait at the entrance and say ill wait here you go ahead. in cut scenes you could hear coveneant conversations

For some reason or another there were dinosaurs in the original which would attack yo if you provoked them or got too close and run away at the sound of gunfire.

all these feature are very cool and i cant believe bungie cut them but i hope they put them in halo 2

could you reply with suggestion of what you think they should add to the sequel as well as your views of the game
thanks never_unplug

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.