GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who cares about high scores?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/06/02 at 01:23
Regular
Hunter: The reckoning, a game scheduled for release next month on Xbox is one of those games you're quite interested in, and then, shock horror, it gets a pretty average review.

Getting a score of 6.9 or something on OXM, this game is set in a town which like Racoon city, it's prone to zombies appearing and creating chaos. I really liked the sound of the game, Hunters sent in to clean up the big mess, monster slaying, lots of blood, shooting, and perhaps the most exciting feature, 4 player on one screen. It seamed fun to me and I was, and still am prety certain that my friends and I would love it.

I read the review and it pointed out clearly the faults, basicly it gets repetative, a simple no-brainer blast from start to finish, which results an the low score. Ok, there were other faults but none that really seam to bother me. I can put up with it being repetive and so it still remains as one of my wanted game for my Xbox. It might not be perfect, but what is?

So what i'm trying to say is, even if an anticipated game of yours doesn't get a 90% score or whatever, don't think it might not be worth picking up. Soul Reaver, a supposid 7/10 game was one of my favourite back on my Playstation. If it appeals to you, then surely thats all that matters.
Fri 28/06/02 at 15:25
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well that backfired big time didn't it. ;-)) Anyway, should have the review for Crash on the way soon. ;-)
Fri 28/06/02 at 08:51
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
If you say so :p

We could do with that as well anyway!
Thu 27/06/02 at 23:17
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, Azurik ! Its Azurik right !? :-)
Thu 27/06/02 at 11:33
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Guess what im going to ask you to review next then ;)
Thu 27/06/02 at 10:48
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Should come out just after my birthday then - excellent. :-) Hoping to pick up Gun Metal tomorrow too as long as the shops get it in. :-)
Thu 27/06/02 at 08:24
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Oh and release date is 5th of July!
Thu 27/06/02 at 08:22
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Not sure if you know but we have reviewed the Xbox UK version yesterday:

http://www.XboxRules.com

It scored quite highly with 41/50
Wed 26/06/02 at 22:24
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Savatt1668 wrote:
> I'm still looking forward to Hunter too - especially for the co-op mode. ;-)

Same here, 4 player zombie slaying, cool.

I read the review of Hunter in OXM again and all the faults they highlighted seamed pretty irrelevent to me. If you check reviews from some Xbox websites they say that Hunter is a must have. My mind is pretty much made up that I want to get it regardless.

Any idea of a release date?
Sun 23/06/02 at 13:32
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I don't really take mag reviews as gospel. A lot of mags even have pretty different views nowadays where they used to come to round about the same scores.

Gun Metal is a good example of this. Its a game I want and the first 2 reviews I saw gave it an overall of 8/10. I read another review recently and the game was given 5/10. As its all already been said - one mans crap is another mans gold. Personally if I like the look of a game - I'll read reviews, but I won't just dismiss a game I'm interested in because a reviewer didn't like it.

What gets me is that sometimes, they'll get someone to review a game that doesn't even like the genre so the games score is pretty much doomed from the start. Anyway, I'm still looking forward to Hunter too - especially for the co-op mode. ;-)
Sun 23/06/02 at 10:20
Regular
Most of my favourite games over the years have been games which I thought I wouldn't like when I bought them and which didn't get massively high review scores, so I try not not judge any game before I've played it.
Reviews can fill us in and give us an idea of what a game is like, but the proof is in the eating.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.