GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*Just Leave us Alone!*"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/06/02 at 23:27
Regular
Sony's and Nineties listen up, stop putting the Xbox down, stop posting sales rubbish, stop saying anything bad about the Xbox and stop it right now. Everyone in this forum is sick of this rubbish and I have had it up to my head with the non-sense that is posted in here daily. Just stop all of your rubbish, you won't find any in your forums from us in here, so why should we?

I am sick of posts entitled:

'Xbox Sucks'
'Recent Sales Figures Show...'
'The Problem With The Xbox is...'
'No good games'
'Crashing again on My Xbox'

Which console never crashes? There isn't one. When I had my PS2 it crashed 7 times in under 6 months, I have had my Xbox 10 weeks and it is yet to crash, but when it does I will just turn off the console and start again from my last save.

No good games? Oh please, I won't give you my list but I will just say this to you, I have never owned a console where I have wanted so many games but by the end of this year there are 50 Xbox titles which I desperatley want to own and that is saying something!

Today I challenged someone who was analysing the release calendar and saying that most of the 50 games were rubbish, average or not worth playing, how the hell would anyone knoe how good a game is without even playing it? Or reading a review on it?

I am not saying stop posting as there are some sensible posters that own more than the one console and have intelligent views to share who have valid points to share with us. Everyone in this forum is sick and tired of reading about how bad the Xbox apparently is. Even if the argument is balanced I think we have seen enough of the Xbox being put down.

Lets just see an end to this pointless topic and lets just enjoy what we own, at the end of the day people will only dislike you for it. There are some really nice people to talk to in here that know what they are talking about but everything is always disrupted by yet another 'Xbox is bad topic'. OK you don't like the Xbox, BIG DEAL, I am not keen on the GC but I stay well away from there but I hope they enjoy what games they have on offer.

If you have got something bad to say about the Xbox why not just keep it to yourself as by now we have heard everything that can be possibly said to put this console down and we are now all absolutley sick of it. There is nothing new to say about the console that has not already been said and argued about immensly.

I like to come on here and discuss the console I own, yes the Xbox! Just like others want to discuss there console/s on here but seem to stay away from the one they don't like, so why don't you?

Please stop posting topics against the Xbox in here as it is depressing me greatly and I am sick and tired of reading bad things about the console I like. If you have somehting positive to say then great please share it but just stop with putting the console down, we have suffered enough and most of it is utter rubbish and un-true but it still annoys me immensly. Please stop what you are doing and let us live our lives. We set an example in the Xbox forum and we usually keep ourselves to ourselves but there are so many fanoys around from other forums that need to know the difference between jelousy and the truth.

I will say nothing more on the matter, just please please take what I am saying seriously as I am speaking on behalf of this whole forum and I hope I will have the backing from you too.
Tue 25/06/02 at 20:52
Regular
Ladies, Ladies, please no fighting, this is meant to be a civalised xbox talking enviroment
Tue 25/06/02 at 19:24
Regular
And you YH!
Tue 25/06/02 at 19:22
Regular
Like what Er-no? What rubbish? Don't just say this I want to know what rubbish posts/topics/reviews I have done!

Anyway if thats the way you feel I will stick to replying to the ones that I get on with, that way I don't have to read what I disagree with and then get critised for thinking so.
Tue 25/06/02 at 09:25
Regular
garbe, it's you that posts most of the rubbish.
Mon 24/06/02 at 23:53
Regular
garbe123 wrote:
> Its not about sides but more people we get against it the better it
> is, with more influence in this forum I believe that we can get rid of
> a lot of these topics which plague our forum. It is time for things to
> change and there is no reason why it shouldn't be now!

Jesus, he sounds like he's standing for election.
Mon 24/06/02 at 22:01
Regular
Read my post in Wookies new topic in this forum, you have got me completley wrong and seem to be jumping onto the band waggon! Just read it, I do read other peoples views but I do not appreciate you critising me when I haven't talked to you before or dicussed anything with you! At least I have talked to Wookie and we have discussed, but I haven't even seen you before so why don't you make up your own mind instead of letting Wookie make it for you? Read my post in his thread, it explains what I am like.
Mon 24/06/02 at 21:56
garbe123 wrote:
> It is very hard to ignore them and there will always be someone who
> replies and if they don't then the spammer/famboy will just pop his
> post back to the top of the list. Something needs to be done about it
> and I feel that now is the right time.

Exactly who do you think you are garbe123? Is no one allowed freedom of speech if you dont agree with it? Ive read quite a bit of you mail in the forums and it appears you have a major problem with other peoples opinion. I find your veiws close to communism
Sun 23/06/02 at 14:13
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
In my opinion, people can't just be banned, etc for not liking a console. The posts that should be dealt with however are the obvious 2 liner posts that we've all seen. If someone doesn't like a console and puts a topic together that puts their points accross (as in backed up by what they honestly believe are the facts), then fine. The posts that need to be stopped, wether they're deleted or whatever, are the topics obviously put up simply to annoy other posters. Fair enough if you wanna do that kind of crap in your own forum, but I think its out of order to go into say the X-Box forum, then post a couple of sentances of utter tripe under the heading "X-BOX STINKS".

People who do this are just clueless prats desperately trying to make a name for themselves and get attention. Yes you can ignore them, but its still very annoying when after plenty of effort to sink the topic, they simply re-enter and pop their topic back up with another line of crap. When I go into another forum such as the Ninty one, if I have something to say against the GC then I make sure its sensible, I don't start spewing crap out like "da GC is stupid and crap cos it got dat stupid handle, hur, hur, hur."

These stupid posts are basically the language of losers. They haven't got enough of a personality to them to be noticed through decent topics so they take the route of annoying everyone and expect people who don't like the console they've just slated to flock around them and praise the "clever" thread.
Sun 23/06/02 at 10:57
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Methinks garbe should practice what he preaches.

Meaning??? I retaliated that once and guess what... It was in a topic that was entitled " XBOX SUCKS! ", so you wonder why I retaliated eh? If you need me to work it out for you then there is something wrong.
Sun 23/06/02 at 09:02
Regular
®²ºº¹uK wrote:
> I am not a ninty or a sonyphile or anything daft like that, I just

Nice name to call sony likers.....Anyway, yes i do get annoyed with people posting stupid threads. I Hate the ones who post threads saying xbox is crap, then telling us about some other console that they seem to believe is better. Fair enough, you might like another console.

This is an xbox forum, think before you type.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.