GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sonic is Unleashed"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Sonic Unleashed'.
Thu 03/04/08 at 16:43
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
You may or may not have seen screenshots and a video of a new Sonic game which was guessed to be Sonic Unleashed, as Sega trademarked that name a few weeks back.

It is now official. Sonic Unleashed is coming out on 360, PS3, Wii and PS2. The official blurb is as follows:

"By combining rich and vibrant scenery with dynamic viewpoints Sonic Unleashed will provide an immersive 3D experience whilst keeping alive the 2D gameplay elements and fantastic worlds that Sonic fans know and love. In addition to this classic Sonic gaming experience, when darkness sets in Sonic Unleashed players will be able to experience a completely new way to play as Sonic."

It's apparently been in development for 3 years and if it takes another 3 years to make it perfect, I can wait. I'm a huge Sonic fan and I still love the character but the games he gets dumped in recently bothers me. I think Sonic deserves better.

I can't help seeing a new next gen Sonic and get a little nervous about it because Sonic Team just doesn't seem to understand what needs to improve and they seem to just churn out unfinished work because their deadline is approaching.

Anyone else interested in this game? This will probably turn in a Sonic bashing thread but if you must have a go at something, have a go at Sonic Team, not Sonic. :)
Sat 14/02/09 at 11:00
Regular
i have the game and i say it is an olrite game it has esy controls so it is a good game i got it on ps2 and i have been playing it and it is all right
Mon 17/11/08 at 21:47
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
From what I can see, Europe are getting it 28th November. There has been a bit of confusion about release dates recently. The Wii version should definitely be out before the end of November as that has pretty much been confirmed everywhere.
Mon 17/11/08 at 21:26
Regular
so when is the game coming out
Fri 04/04/08 at 15:22
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I was so disappointed with Sonic 06 and Sonic Team have never addressed the issues that Sonic Adventure threw up. Poor camera and poor controls have have damaged the games and I personally can't stand the mediocrity that Sonic Team have been producing.

Sonic Rush and Secret Rings are good but Sonic needs an exceptional game on a next gen platform.
Fri 04/04/08 at 13:57
"possibly impossible"
Loved Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 on Dreamcast (and currently own them on Gamecube to play on the Wii) and Sonic and the Secret Rings, of course, but everything other than that has been a bit crap. Oh, unless you could Sonic Rush, which was good but hard.

Hoping they can turn this around with this new title.
Thu 03/04/08 at 16:43
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
You may or may not have seen screenshots and a video of a new Sonic game which was guessed to be Sonic Unleashed, as Sega trademarked that name a few weeks back.

It is now official. Sonic Unleashed is coming out on 360, PS3, Wii and PS2. The official blurb is as follows:

"By combining rich and vibrant scenery with dynamic viewpoints Sonic Unleashed will provide an immersive 3D experience whilst keeping alive the 2D gameplay elements and fantastic worlds that Sonic fans know and love. In addition to this classic Sonic gaming experience, when darkness sets in Sonic Unleashed players will be able to experience a completely new way to play as Sonic."

It's apparently been in development for 3 years and if it takes another 3 years to make it perfect, I can wait. I'm a huge Sonic fan and I still love the character but the games he gets dumped in recently bothers me. I think Sonic deserves better.

I can't help seeing a new next gen Sonic and get a little nervous about it because Sonic Team just doesn't seem to understand what needs to improve and they seem to just churn out unfinished work because their deadline is approaching.

Anyone else interested in this game? This will probably turn in a Sonic bashing thread but if you must have a go at something, have a go at Sonic Team, not Sonic. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.