GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HD TV on Freeview!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/04/08 at 14:19
"Are you sure?"
Thu 03/04/08 at 14:19
"Are you sure?"
Thu 03/04/08 at 15:01
Regular
"jameswoodcock.co.uk"
Brilliant news. Hopefully they will be a HD compatible freeview PC card so I can stream, record to my Xbox 360.
Thu 03/04/08 at 16:02
"Are you sure?"
As long as you can receive Freeview (whether it's by digibox, built in TV tuner or PC card) when HD content is being transmitted and you have an HD 'ready' device to view it on then I think you'll be fine :¬)

i.e. You won't need an 'HD Freeview' receiver.

Search Freeola Chat
Thu 03/04/08 at 18:32
Regular
"eat toast!"
finally!

Prepare my bunker with snacks and cola!
Fri 04/04/08 at 12:05
Regular
Hmmm... wrote:
> i.e. You won't need an 'HD Freeview' receiver.

Hmmm are you sure about this?

DigitalSpy

"Because different broadcast technology will be used from the other Freeview channels, current set-top boxes or televisions will not receive the new services.

New equipment is expected to become available at around the same time the channels start broadcasting."
Fri 04/04/08 at 12:09
"Are you sure?"
Perhaps my all singing and dancing digital and 'HD Ready' Samsung isn't as ready as I thought :¬(

It's almost as if the TV industry want you to keep buying new stuff... ;¬)

My Freeola Instant Site
Fri 04/04/08 at 12:15
Regular
Yes it is rather annoying :/ I hope they can still keep the costs down so we can just replace it for £20. It wouldnt be so bad then but yeah still a pain if you have several TVs in your house like we do.
Fri 04/04/08 at 13:59
"possibly impossible"
Well, the TV just needs a new Digibox under it, even if it has Freeview built in anyway.

The BBC one is rumoured to be about £90 and no subscription charge.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.