GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The new Smash Court - opinions?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/06/02 at 16:46
Regular
I know Natbuc preferred the cartoony style, I liked the arenas in AKs much better than the realistic ones now.
The gamepay is better though, you have a feeling of more freedom and control.
You? (Provided your actually reading this)
Fri 21/06/02 at 16:46
Regular
I know Natbuc preferred the cartoony style, I liked the arenas in AKs much better than the realistic ones now.
The gamepay is better though, you have a feeling of more freedom and control.
You? (Provided your actually reading this)
Fri 21/06/02 at 17:30
Regular
"  "
Yer the cartoony characters ruled! I loved them pac-man and tekken ones they were ace to unlock....and i liked knocking the china man off the bike and hitting the ball into the sea! Thats why i haven't bought this one...and Anna looks like a pig on it. Gameplay looks smoother thoug
Fri 21/06/02 at 17:32
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Have I missed something?

Is the new Smash Court out on the PS2?
Fri 21/06/02 at 18:58
Regular
You guys who have the game reckon its worth claiming as a GAD? pro's and con's would be appreciated. cheers.
Sat 22/06/02 at 10:32
Regular
Quinty wrote:
> You guys who have the game reckon its worth claiming as a GAD? pro's
> and con's would be appreciated. cheers.

Pro: Realistic graphics and locales

Con: The lovable cartoon style is gone, and the locales are more realistic and boring.

Pro: The gameplay is nearly as good as Pro evo's.

Con: After a while it becomes increasingly hard.

Pro: You can unlock the girl from Moto GP.

Con: But not Pac-Man or Tekken!

Pro: It gives you a lot more freedom and space in the game.

Con: It is actually VERY hard after you get through the first match in a tournament.

Pro: There is plenty to do and unlock.

Con: the unlockable stuff probably won't hold much appeal to non-tennis fans.

There you have it.
Make your choice from that, I'd recommend it if you are patient and spend a while on your PS2 each day.
Sat 22/06/02 at 11:09
Regular
Ok, cheers Asher.
Sat 22/06/02 at 11:12
Regular
Read my review of it (just posted) for more help.
Sat 22/06/02 at 14:29
Regular
Hmm, I'm also weighing up the agruments for and against getting this game. It's a shame there is a lack of character choice and I think I did prefer the cartoony style, but I'll give the demo another go and see what I think.
Sat 22/06/02 at 14:53
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I didn't realise that this game was a sequel to the origanal smash court tennis, well despite the name, but I thought it would retain the same cartoonish look. That said, I, my brother, sister and mum have all been playing the demo of it, and it's so bloody fun, which is surprising sinse I'm not usually fond of sports games especially tennis. It's definatly one for my games collection.
Sun 23/06/02 at 23:33
Regular
I am extremely tempted by this game, but I`d like to know more about Virtua Tennis 2 before I jumped on board. I feel this may be put in second place, but I neither know the release date of VT, nor the potential quality.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.