GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tearful Seaman says sorry to fans"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/06/02 at 15:03
Regular
taken from ntl:world

A distraught and tearful David Seaman has apologised to the nation after his blunder saw England crash out of the World Cup.

Seaman was caught out by a floated second-half free-kick from Ronaldinho which flew over his head from 35 yards to hand Brazil a 2-1 victory.

Seaman was in tears at the final whistle and, while his team-mates applauded the England fans, he was hugged by goalkeeping coach Ray Clemence.

Then the 38-year-old, after what is certain to be his final World Cup match, again broke down when he tried to talk to the media.

Seaman has defied his critics and been one of the stars of the tournament for England, but that was scant consolation for the player.

He said; "It is very hard to take but that's just life as a goalkeeper. The main thing is I want to say sorry to the fans."

Seaman then choked back the tears with his head bowed before also saying: "I want to say sorry to the people I've let down today. That's just the way it goes."

It will be sad if Seaman's 73rd appearance for his country - 14 years after his debut - is the way he is remembered after such sterling service.

He will be approaching his 41st birthday when the 2004 finals are held in Portugal.

But England players believe that Seaman, who was also a member of the 1990 World Cup squad, has nothing to be ashamed of.

Teddy Sheringham, the second oldest member of the squad after Seaman, said: "David could be upset but it is not his fault. Things like that happen. In my opinion he is still the world's best.

"As for myself and David, we don't know if this will be our last chance. You never know what happens and we will see."

Sol Campbell knows that England have surrendered a golden chance to reach their first final since their 1966 triumph.

He said: "This was going to be our hardest match. if we had won this match, we would have had an easy route to the final. Still, there will be plenty more chances to come."

I feel so sorry for him, he is still the worlds greatest.
Fri 21/06/02 at 16:29
Regular
"Bobba you"
AfroJoe wrote:
> It was his fault, but grown men aren't meant to cry at a game.

Yeah maybe not a little 5 a side but England havent won it for ages. So we had a good chance of wining the world cup, and he let the goal in so he felt bad.
Fri 21/06/02 at 16:25
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm very surprised to see that a player of his experience seems to believe that it is all his fault!

Maybe one keeper can't accept 2 lobs in one career??

Either way, it's all really down to the fact that England are out, and that was Seaman's last ever World Cup.

At least he's got some great international memories though. :)
Fri 21/06/02 at 16:24
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
It was his fault, but grown men aren't meant to cry at a game.
Fri 21/06/02 at 16:17
Regular
"Bobba you"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Seaman was good enough.
>
> He didn't need to cry.

He did he thought it was his fault dident you read the post?
Fri 21/06/02 at 16:13
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Well, it was his last chane at international success (probably) and it was a terrible way to go...........
Fri 21/06/02 at 16:11
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Seaman was good enough.

He didn't need to cry.
Fri 21/06/02 at 15:57
Regular
"Bobba you"
I agree.

He is a great keeper. And what away to go out his last World cup, we are all upset (English fans anyway) but we shouldent blame it on Seaman or any of the England squad.
Fri 21/06/02 at 15:16
Regular
"gsybe you!"
He could hardly of done anything about it. Before that, he and the England defence had only conceded one goal in the World Cup.
Fri 21/06/02 at 15:03
Regular
"England skipper"
taken from ntl:world

A distraught and tearful David Seaman has apologised to the nation after his blunder saw England crash out of the World Cup.

Seaman was caught out by a floated second-half free-kick from Ronaldinho which flew over his head from 35 yards to hand Brazil a 2-1 victory.

Seaman was in tears at the final whistle and, while his team-mates applauded the England fans, he was hugged by goalkeeping coach Ray Clemence.

Then the 38-year-old, after what is certain to be his final World Cup match, again broke down when he tried to talk to the media.

Seaman has defied his critics and been one of the stars of the tournament for England, but that was scant consolation for the player.

He said; "It is very hard to take but that's just life as a goalkeeper. The main thing is I want to say sorry to the fans."

Seaman then choked back the tears with his head bowed before also saying: "I want to say sorry to the people I've let down today. That's just the way it goes."

It will be sad if Seaman's 73rd appearance for his country - 14 years after his debut - is the way he is remembered after such sterling service.

He will be approaching his 41st birthday when the 2004 finals are held in Portugal.

But England players believe that Seaman, who was also a member of the 1990 World Cup squad, has nothing to be ashamed of.

Teddy Sheringham, the second oldest member of the squad after Seaman, said: "David could be upset but it is not his fault. Things like that happen. In my opinion he is still the world's best.

"As for myself and David, we don't know if this will be our last chance. You never know what happens and we will see."

Sol Campbell knows that England have surrendered a golden chance to reach their first final since their 1966 triumph.

He said: "This was going to be our hardest match. if we had won this match, we would have had an easy route to the final. Still, there will be plenty more chances to come."

I feel so sorry for him, he is still the worlds greatest.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.