GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rio off to United"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/06/02 at 13:30
Regular
Just kidding!

Got this from Teamtalk.com

-----

Leeds reveal Rio contract clause

Leeds have announced that Rio Ferdinand has a clause in his contract whereby their star defender cannot be sold to another Premiership club.

Ferdinand, who has further enhanced his reputation with a series of commanding performances for England in the World Cup, has been linked to bitter rivals Manchester United and Serie A giants Inter Milan.

However, it appears any speculation suggesting Ferdinand could be on his way to Old Trafford can now be put to the sword.

Supporters' Club chairman Ray Fell says that the Elland Road faithful will be thrilled by news of the clause in Ferdinand's deal.

He said: "The fans will be delighted with this. Hopefully Rio can now come back and concentrate on doing well for Leeds United next season.

"There's always the danger of a big European club coming in with a lot of money and I know the fans will be pleased by this news because Rio was their player of the year."

Meanwhile, chairman Peter Ridsdale issued a 'hands-off' warning to any clubs who may be considering making a move for the former West Ham man.

He said: "We've had no bid from any club for Rio Ferdinand, and he is not for sale."
Fri 21/06/02 at 13:30
"High polygon count"
Just kidding!

Got this from Teamtalk.com

-----

Leeds reveal Rio contract clause

Leeds have announced that Rio Ferdinand has a clause in his contract whereby their star defender cannot be sold to another Premiership club.

Ferdinand, who has further enhanced his reputation with a series of commanding performances for England in the World Cup, has been linked to bitter rivals Manchester United and Serie A giants Inter Milan.

However, it appears any speculation suggesting Ferdinand could be on his way to Old Trafford can now be put to the sword.

Supporters' Club chairman Ray Fell says that the Elland Road faithful will be thrilled by news of the clause in Ferdinand's deal.

He said: "The fans will be delighted with this. Hopefully Rio can now come back and concentrate on doing well for Leeds United next season.

"There's always the danger of a big European club coming in with a lot of money and I know the fans will be pleased by this news because Rio was their player of the year."

Meanwhile, chairman Peter Ridsdale issued a 'hands-off' warning to any clubs who may be considering making a move for the former West Ham man.

He said: "We've had no bid from any club for Rio Ferdinand, and he is not for sale."
Fri 21/06/02 at 13:33
Regular
"Baros!!!"
He did very well at the World Cup, and I am very very happy to see that Man United won't be able to buy him.
Fri 21/06/02 at 15:15
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Inter buy Rio From Leeds.

Utd then buy Rio from Inter.

Sorted ;)
Fri 21/06/02 at 16:30
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yeah, that could work, but then we'd be paying TWICE as much for him!! :(

I'm not really sure about all this clause business anyway.
If such a clause does exist in his contract, then surely it would've come to our attention a while back, and United would've surely been the first to hear - if they really have been interested in him!

If it's true, then why have we heard nothing before!
Fri 21/06/02 at 17:21
Regular
Yeh, thats true, surely it would have come out when Man Utd and Leeds issued that joint press statement not too long ago about there being no deal between the clubs on Rio.

There still plenty more defenders we can get...Although surely Rio would have been top of the shopping list...
Fri 21/06/02 at 17:29
Regular
"Bobba you"
Foreman wrote:
> He did very well at the World Cup, and I am very very happy to see
> that Man United won't be able to buy him.

I agree they already have one of the best teams in the Premiership.
Fri 21/06/02 at 17:33
Regular
"England skipper"
®eDdY²°°2 wrote:
> Foreman wrote:
> He did very well at the World Cup, and I am very very happy to see
> that Man United won't be able to buy him.
>
> I agree they already have one of the best teams in the Premiership.

We certanly do.
Fri 21/06/02 at 17:34
Regular
".......on the attac"
Well, at least Fergie was finally going to fork out on someone English for a change.

Stay at Leeds Rio.
Fri 21/06/02 at 17:34
Regular
".......on the attac"
Beckham "7" wrote:
> We certanly do.

If you lived within 50 miles of Manchester I would be extremely surprised......
Sun 23/06/02 at 17:00
Regular
http://www.football365.com /All_News/Premiership_News/story_34043.shtml

then read this

http://www.football365.com /All_News/Premiership_News/story_34056.shtml

Spaces after .com

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.