GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rio off to United"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/06/02 at 13:30
Regular
Just kidding!

Got this from Teamtalk.com

-----

Leeds reveal Rio contract clause

Leeds have announced that Rio Ferdinand has a clause in his contract whereby their star defender cannot be sold to another Premiership club.

Ferdinand, who has further enhanced his reputation with a series of commanding performances for England in the World Cup, has been linked to bitter rivals Manchester United and Serie A giants Inter Milan.

However, it appears any speculation suggesting Ferdinand could be on his way to Old Trafford can now be put to the sword.

Supporters' Club chairman Ray Fell says that the Elland Road faithful will be thrilled by news of the clause in Ferdinand's deal.

He said: "The fans will be delighted with this. Hopefully Rio can now come back and concentrate on doing well for Leeds United next season.

"There's always the danger of a big European club coming in with a lot of money and I know the fans will be pleased by this news because Rio was their player of the year."

Meanwhile, chairman Peter Ridsdale issued a 'hands-off' warning to any clubs who may be considering making a move for the former West Ham man.

He said: "We've had no bid from any club for Rio Ferdinand, and he is not for sale."
Mon 24/06/02 at 16:28
Regular
Seem to get somthin new on this story every 5 minutes...

http://www.football365.com /All_News/Premiership_News/story_34159.shtml
Mon 24/06/02 at 12:19
Regular
Rio has said today that he will only leave Leeds if Leeds want to cash in on him.
Mon 24/06/02 at 12:08
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
There's details on ITV text currentlt that O'Leary will sell Rio to Man Utd if Rio wants to leave.

he was quoted as saying something like

"If Rio comes up to me and tells me Man Utd are a bigger team and I want to go, what can anyone do?"
Mon 24/06/02 at 11:29
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Nice! But it's strange how there's nothing there at all that mentions about this 'clause' that's apparently in his contract...

Maybe it IS all a load of cobblers!?

It's great to see that O'Leary's happy to keep one of his star players happy, and that Edwards is willing to spend £30m+! :D
Sun 23/06/02 at 17:00
Regular
http://www.football365.com /All_News/Premiership_News/story_34043.shtml

then read this

http://www.football365.com /All_News/Premiership_News/story_34056.shtml

Spaces after .com
Fri 21/06/02 at 17:34
Regular
".......on the attac"
Beckham "7" wrote:
> We certanly do.

If you lived within 50 miles of Manchester I would be extremely surprised......
Fri 21/06/02 at 17:34
Regular
".......on the attac"
Well, at least Fergie was finally going to fork out on someone English for a change.

Stay at Leeds Rio.
Fri 21/06/02 at 17:33
Regular
"England skipper"
®eDdY²°°2 wrote:
> Foreman wrote:
> He did very well at the World Cup, and I am very very happy to see
> that Man United won't be able to buy him.
>
> I agree they already have one of the best teams in the Premiership.

We certanly do.
Fri 21/06/02 at 17:29
Regular
"Bobba you"
Foreman wrote:
> He did very well at the World Cup, and I am very very happy to see
> that Man United won't be able to buy him.

I agree they already have one of the best teams in the Premiership.
Fri 21/06/02 at 17:21
Regular
Yeh, thats true, surely it would have come out when Man Utd and Leeds issued that joint press statement not too long ago about there being no deal between the clubs on Rio.

There still plenty more defenders we can get...Although surely Rio would have been top of the shopping list...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.