GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Famous gaming moment"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/06/02 at 01:56
Regular
Assuming you've played em, which is your favourite gaming moment?

1) The moment your car lands on a group of pedestrians, taking the first guys head clean off, before hitting an unsuspecting woman full on, resulting in a 'BONUS FOR ARTISTIC IMPRESSION' (CARMAGEDDON 2)

2) The moment you see an FBI car heading for your general direction, shortly before you open fire with your M16, hear a few 's and a few tinny ricochets, before it explodes into a raging inferno. (GTA3)

3) The moment you aim your nuclear missile at a group of four enemy power plants and a war factory, and click the left mouse button (RED ALERT 2)

4) The moment you skillfully guide your redeemer rocket into a room full of victims and click the left mouse button, resulting in the inevitable 'ULTRA KILL' (UNREAL TOURNAMENT)

or perhaps something else?....
Fri 21/06/02 at 01:56
Regular
Assuming you've played em, which is your favourite gaming moment?

1) The moment your car lands on a group of pedestrians, taking the first guys head clean off, before hitting an unsuspecting woman full on, resulting in a 'BONUS FOR ARTISTIC IMPRESSION' (CARMAGEDDON 2)

2) The moment you see an FBI car heading for your general direction, shortly before you open fire with your M16, hear a few 's and a few tinny ricochets, before it explodes into a raging inferno. (GTA3)

3) The moment you aim your nuclear missile at a group of four enemy power plants and a war factory, and click the left mouse button (RED ALERT 2)

4) The moment you skillfully guide your redeemer rocket into a room full of victims and click the left mouse button, resulting in the inevitable 'ULTRA KILL' (UNREAL TOURNAMENT)

or perhaps something else?....
Fri 21/06/02 at 02:02
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Have you not had "M O N S T E R K I L L"? Its really cool the way the computer says it, it reverberates, like mmmmonsssttteerrrr killll. That is cool.

I would say unloading a nuke, weather storm and psychic dominator onto a single foe is the ultimate gaming moment. It is just total destruction.
Fri 21/06/02 at 09:53
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
Half Life. All of it.

The fun came out of realising how good it was.

Nothing can beat it.
Fri 21/06/02 at 10:23
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
My second most impressive moment was on FIFA 2000. I was lining up a free kick about 30 yards out, aiming for the very top hand corner. You can never normally score from free kicks because the keepers are so uncannily sprightly, but this one powered round the wall and just clipped the inside of the VERY top corner before bounding in the net. The keeper was about 1 millimetre away from it. I've never managed to that again needless to say.

My most impressive moments have to be on UT. There are so many great times that I can't recall the very best one, but here are as few.
1) Defending a base in Assault single-handedly, as all my team-mates had been killed. I got every single one of the incoming enemy AI (masterful) with my trusty Flak cannon and notched up a well-deserved Monster Kill.

2) I love sniping, and my record is achieving four consecutive Monster Kills through head-shots alone; fabulous.

3) Running back to my base with the flag in a CTF match with four AI bots on my heels and no support from my human team-mates. Started out with full health and shield belt, and finally back-pedalled into the base to win the match with just 6 life remaining.
Fri 21/06/02 at 15:07
"Darth Vader 3442321"
My fav has to be completing the "President's Run" mission on Driver. It was a tough one and many said it was impossible. However I like to apply the Chaos Theory to my driving style and after numerous attempts I won!

So the moral of the story is like the Robert the Bruce inspired saying;

if at first you don't succeed suck harder.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.