GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recipes of Disasters"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/06/02 at 20:16
Regular
Most developers have a certain reputation, whether it is good or bad. Gamers today, have certain expectations that they want from the game developer. It is like a constant cycle in the world of gaming that could carry on forever, if it is not stopped. How? But putting the worst companies that have no ideas of there own and they’re for nick, everyone else’s. Eventually, they will die out, just like the dinosaurs.

You know who they are. The developers from hell, who have no ideas of there own, and copy everyone that do. I could tell you a few now, but I’m going to leave that for later. Have you ever seen games that look remarkably like another? For instance Crazy Taxi and Simpson’s Road rage, Metal Gear solid and Headhunter.

What you are about to read, may disturbed some gamers as the list of game developers and people may shock you. Please note, if under the age of two, do not read beyond this point.

EA & Division 1

EA constantly come out with yet another FIFA game, which is practically the same game. Well, at least they have Premiership clubs in, I hear you say, and you would be right, but what if it didn’t even have Premiership clubs in. What if it only had Division 1 clubs in? That would make the forever selling, game way more exciting than it was before. Yeah right. This is just one, of the many recipes of disaster just waiting to happen.

Ubi Soft & Metal Gear Ray-man

Rayman was Ubi soft most famous game; it started on the PC and Playstation and keeps o coming back, despite its massive decrease in popularity. I could see one massive recipe of disaster, and that is Ubi Soft trying to incorporate Rayman and a Metal Gear from MGS. I could just imagine it, a metal Rayman, almost like the Terminator, being built for army purposes. All I could say for that is I hope it never happens, but with the turn that Ubi Soft have taken, making Rayman games for every console, it wouldn’t be that successful.

Bill Gates & Any good console

A controversial one, but Bill Gates hasn’t really made a huge profit on the Xbox, and with the way it is going, I sure that anyone in the gaming industry, I’m sure that no one would want him to be in charge of there console. I could imagine Bill Gates buying the whole of Nintendo, and making the Gamecube just like the Xbox. For me, that is a very scary thought, but I’m sure will never happen, thank god! A sure recipe for disaster in my books anyway.

Banjo & Daxter

After hugely popular Banjo-Kazooie and the sequel, Sony could not take it any longer. They had to copy it. So after a few years, Jak & Daxter reaches the PS2 and it is surprisingly like Banjo-Kazooie. But could you imagine if Banjo was to leave Kazooie, and peruse another career on the PS2 with Daxter, Jax adventure partner. I could see them in the same old adventure, and I’m sure that it might not be a very good game, never the less, lets hope it never happens, because that is a recipe of disaster.

Westlife & Playstation

I could imagine Westlife having their own game, on the Playstation of all consoles. That is a sure recipe of disaster and I think no one would be stupid enough to make that as a game, would they? Well after years of trying and testing, working on gameplay and graphics, they finally came up with ‘Westlife-mania. A classic idea and yet how come it never sold. How about because it was a quiz or something like that, about five men you don’t even know properly. Is it me, or is that trying to make money out of Westlife fans.

Sorry, if you found that in anyway disturbing, as I had to ive you a forsight into what could happen in the gaming industry. I didn’t mean to scare nyone.

*Very small print*
Liquid is not in anyway responsible if anyone or anything has any nightmares or becomes sick, mentally. If you have become mentally scared after reading this, do not, and I repeat, do not hesitate to phone this number – 01954 975695

Liquid
Sat 22/06/02 at 12:57
Regular
Thanks for the nice comments. Shame it was ruined by idiots.
Fri 21/06/02 at 19:35
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Now, now children, be nice and don't spoil Liquid's thread. He's only little. (jk)

Good post, by the way!
Fri 21/06/02 at 19:25
Regular
Lord H wrote:
> Chill out.

I will do when you stop making dumb comments.

Which, by what I've seen in other threads, isn't likely to stop anytime soon.
Fri 21/06/02 at 19:24
Regular
P.S. He's not 12, he's 14.

Anyway, what 12 year old is dumb enough to write their own number? It was a j-o-k-e.
Fri 21/06/02 at 19:24
Regular
".......on the attac"
Chill out.
Fri 21/06/02 at 19:22
Regular
Who are you?

I don't remember ever talking to you, have you changed your name?
Fri 21/06/02 at 19:20
Regular
".......on the attac"
Seeing as though he is only 12, it wouldn't surprise me if he did. I was just warning him not to do it.

Get off my case Mehrad....
Fri 21/06/02 at 19:18
Regular
Lord H, your dumbness astounds me.

As if its a real number? Boy, you'd have to be a right Lord H to ring that number and think its real...
Fri 21/06/02 at 19:16
Regular
".......on the attac"
Liquid H²O wrote:
> EA & Division 1
>
> What if it only had Division 1 clubs in?

It'd be a very good idea. Lots of football fans in the UK actually support the teams from their hometown which may be in the Nationwide league. Others, including countless people on here who are glory supporters, support Arsenal and Man U although they live no where near said teams. I, for one, would much rather have Division One capabilities in FIFA than all the foreign leagues no-one cares about.

> Liquid is not in anyway responsible if anyone or anything has any
> nightmares or becomes sick, mentally. If you have become mentally
> scared after reading this, do not, and I repeat, do not hesitate to
> phone this number – 01954 975695

And what if someone did ring this number? Don't put your number on web sites. Especially seeing as though you are about 12.
Fri 21/06/02 at 19:11
Regular
I'm laughing because it's funny, regardless.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.