GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GT Concept"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/06/02 at 16:59
Regular
Okay, well after originally saying that I was not going to buy this, I think I just might!

198 cars... isn't that more than GT3 A-spec?

Fewer tracks and no GT mode, I know, but at just over £20 I think it'll be worth it.

And it's got some tracks from GT1 & 2 that I liked, that weren't in GT3.

Anyone else?
Thu 20/06/02 at 16:59
"High polygon count"
Okay, well after originally saying that I was not going to buy this, I think I just might!

198 cars... isn't that more than GT3 A-spec?

Fewer tracks and no GT mode, I know, but at just over £20 I think it'll be worth it.

And it's got some tracks from GT1 & 2 that I liked, that weren't in GT3.

Anyone else?
Thu 20/06/02 at 17:03
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Most likely, seeing as I have GT1 2 & 3 I might as well add this to the collection.
Thu 20/06/02 at 17:14
Regular
"  "
I dont quite get it....does it have like the career mode or just arcade and what are the 'remixed' tracks?
Thu 20/06/02 at 17:26
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
I think it's just the Arcade mode, as Wookiee said the GT mode isn't included.

There were a few tracks in GT1 & 2 that were ommitted in GT3 so I think they've decided to include these back in, which is cool.
Thu 20/06/02 at 17:40
Regular
"Whatever!"
I will be getting it - Especially as its around £20 - A bargain!
Thu 20/06/02 at 22:46
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I find GT3 incredibly boring! I haven't played it in months and it is just one of the most boring racers I have ever played. However, I know I'll still end up buying this. It's sort of like I SHOULD own it just because its Gran Turismo. Even though Gran Turismo sucks! It's strange.

In fact, NO! I won't buy it! I've made up my mind that I don't want it!

However, V-Rally 3 looks rather tasty.
Fri 21/06/02 at 00:50
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
GT3 is the 2nd best racing game ever, ahead of Burnout and behind WipEout 2097.

Anyway... does GT Concept have Red Rock Valley in it? If it does then I will buy it.
Fri 21/06/02 at 19:19
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Turbonutter wrote:
> GT3 is the 2nd best racing game ever, ahead of Burnout and behind
> WipEout 2097.

GT3 is NOT the 2nd best racing game ever. Not even close.

I've never played 2097 but Wipeout Fusion wasn't anything special and 2097 must be REALLY dated now. F-Zero is the best high speed futuristic racer I've ever played.

As for Burnout, only played the demo and it wasn't bad. Didn't seem like it would last too long though.

Anyway, the best racing game is ever is MSR. Without a shadow of a doubt. Except of course that Project Gotham may be better but I've never played that so I can't comment.

But MSR is fast, never got boring, has supreme handling and above all, was FUN!
Sat 22/06/02 at 12:28
GT3 is the most boring game I have ever played, it doesn't even have good music, jumping of a cliff would be more fun than playing this. It's graphics aren't very good and it is barely different from the first one.
Sat 22/06/02 at 12:44
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
couchpotato wrote:
it doesn't even have good music,

SILENCE!! There is a Muse song on there! Not one there best admitedly but it's still a Muse song and it's still great. Plus there are a few Feeder ones too. Again, not their best though. Other than that I suppose....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.