GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[BOOK] 'WICKED' by Gregory Maguire"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/04/08 at 18:55
Regular
"Thinking and typing"
Tue 01/04/08 at 18:55
Regular
"Thinking and typing"
Wed 02/04/08 at 08:37
Regular
"I like turtles"
I took my daughter to see this in the west end last weekend totally expecting to hate it.As the opening scene finished I thought,I'm in for a long night here!.How wrong I was,I thought it was ace!.Its kind of like a fairy tale for grown ups,In fact in places its pretty much unsuitable for younger children (wouldn't recommend taking anyone under 8 for sure).Also if by any chance you have not seen the original Wizard Of Oz it will make virtually no sense at all.Without ruining it the story begins before the Wizard Of Oz,Then runs (kind of behind the scenes if you like) while that story is taking place.Clever,Funny,Very entertaining and won me over completely.The songs in it are great and the two current leads are fantastic.Maybe its not everyones taste,But I am the last person I would have expected to like this.The show runs for nearly 2 and a half hours but it simply flies by.Intend to check out the book from which it based now as it appears to be a different experience.

Thanks for the pointer MarcoG.
Wed 02/04/08 at 20:36
Regular
"Thinking and typing"
pete_21 wrote:
> I took my daughter to see this in the west end last weekend
> totally expecting to hate it.As the opening scene finished I
> thought,I'm in for a long night here!.How wrong I was,I thought
> it was ace!.Its kind of like a fairy tale for grown ups,In fact
> in places its pretty much unsuitable for younger children
> (wouldn't recommend taking anyone under 8 for sure).Also if by
> any chance you have not seen the original Wizard Of Oz it will
> make virtually no sense at all.Without ruining it the story
> begins before the Wizard Of Oz,Then runs (kind of behind the
> scenes if you like) while that story is taking
> place.Clever,Funny,Very entertaining and won me over
> completely.The songs in it are great and the two current leads
> are fantastic.Maybe its not everyones taste,But I am the last
> person I would have expected to like this.The show runs for
> nearly 2 and a half hours but it simply flies by.Intend to check
> out the book from which it based now as it appears to be a
> different experience.
>
> Thanks for the pointer MarcoG.

ACE! Glad you liked the show. I liked it, but not as much as the book. The Elphaba in the book is much more ruthless and politically driven...there's a storyline between her and Morrible THAT YOU WILL NOT EXPECT! If you read it, let me know what you think. I must say though, the set and costumes for the show ARE AMAZING!! :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.