GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A PC would out run a PS2 in any table"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/06/02 at 01:45
Regular
How could all you people like PS2's when You have a PC.
Thu 20/06/02 at 01:45
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
How could all you people like PS2's when You have a PC.
Thu 20/06/02 at 01:47
Regular
Right you lot hold him down i'll go fetch ma Rifle.
Thu 20/06/02 at 01:56
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I prefer my PS2 because I have been buying and playing consoles for the last 13 years and have only had my pc for a year hence I have become acustomed to consoles over the years!
Also I cant be bothered checking all the settings on my pc to see if their right.
With a console all you have to do is buy the game put it in the machine and play,. A lot more simpler in my opinion.
As for Graphics before you start I prefer Gameplay over graphics.
Give me GTA1 over MGS any day.
Thu 20/06/02 at 02:08
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
And the chances of everyone having PCs better that PS2s are...?

Face it, PCs cost a bomb and you need a pretty good one to even MATCH a PS2. This 333mhz with a Voodoo 5 does GTA3 at about 3fps on lowest res - now tell me the PS2 isn't a cheaper, stabler, less complicated and just more goddamn comfortable gaming platform?
Thu 20/06/02 at 09:02
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
It's true that PCs often need more input that PS2s before they work properly.

Having said that, I got my PC for less than a PS2, and it runs at 2x the fps of a PS2. This is because I built my PC. PCs do have better graphics than consoles, although this could be because a TV set does not have the same capacity as a monitor.

It depends on what you want. You need to put more in to a PC, but you get more out of it in the long run. Not to mention mods and add-ons for free from the internet - something consoles still haven't got working properly yet.
Thu 20/06/02 at 09:35
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Silly boy,

PC's and Consoles are totaly different animals.

Generally Consoles are in peoples bedrooms or lounges and are used by people when they want to just slap in a game and play it with out any hassle of setting up and patch loading etc.

PC's are used for online gaming, strategy and just about anything else anybody wants to play but are alos used as word processors, e mail, surfing etc etc.

It's horses for courses, they both have there places.
Thu 20/06/02 at 10:07
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
nh wrote:
> Silly boy,
>

Oh, that hurt.
Thu 20/06/02 at 11:22
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Alexj17 wrote:
> How could all you people like PS2's when You have a PC.

I have both, and can't really see how you can compare them. They are two totally different systems that appeal to two different types of gamers.

Anyway, I like both my PC and PS2, I play on them both regularly, so I wouldn't say either one is as good as the other. They both have their problems and their both good at what they do.

This is just another one of those 'my computers better than yours' argument, only this time it's an argument that can't be won by either side.
Thu 20/06/02 at 12:06
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Small Frog wrote:
> nh wrote:
> Silly boy,
>
>
> Oh, that hurt.

Sorry -it wasn't aimed at you - it was maent for Alexj17 ;)
Thu 20/06/02 at 12:17
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
cipro wrote:
>
> This is just another one of those 'my computers better than yours'
> argument, only this time it's an argument that can't be won by either
> side.

When can it be won, exactly?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.