GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oldies"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/06/02 at 23:51
Regular
I was playing ssx the other day and for some reason with all the pushing and shuving going on, I had the notion of playing 'Road Rash'.

But as we all know the playstation attempts at Road Rash werent particularly good.

Anyway to get to the point.

Wouldnt it be good if Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo made some really good revamped versions of older games, like RR or Operation Wolf or something?

Also what other older games would YOU like to see be remade for the next generation consoles just for the nostalgic sake of it?
Thu 27/11/03 at 00:13
Regular
Elite definitely needs updating. despite the terrible polygon graphics and dodgy space battles, it is still in my opinion the finest game of it's type - what other game gives you an entire galaxy to explore?
Wed 26/11/03 at 10:08
Regular
Remake Airwolf. The theme tune was enough!

Oh, and Goonies. The original game was a clever little one (still have it on emulator somewhere...)

Out Run, Elite, Body Blows (maybe not), Jet Set Willy/Manic Miner (was remade on GBA wasn't it?). That's it for now, can't really think back far enough.
Tue 25/11/03 at 16:12
Regular
they should remake the desert/jungle/nuclear strike series.
Fri 14/11/03 at 16:30
Regular
"Whatever!"
Flashback was one of my favourite games on the Amiga - An update would be awesome!
Fri 14/11/03 at 02:11
Regular
road rash was best on the 3DO. you had all those excellent cut scenes with guys getting baseball bats round their heads and the like.
Fri 14/11/03 at 02:04
*sniff*
Fri 14/11/03 at 01:54
Regular
happy gaming days eh?
Fri 14/11/03 at 01:51
UFO Enemy Unknown damn it. The original, just revamped. But keep the music.
Fri 14/11/03 at 01:48
"I love yo... lamp."
Dick Tracy from the Spectrum.
Fri 14/11/03 at 01:47
Regular
I'd like to see the following games uprated for current generation consoles and/or the PC :

Flashback
Cannon Fodder
Syndicate
Hired Guns
Doom (For gods sake, where IS Doom 3??)
Xwing vs Tie Fighter
Carmageddon
FRONTIER ELITE (in capitals because it would be splendid)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.