GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How not to run an evil corporation - Res Evil SPOILERS"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/03/08 at 23:50
Regular
"Braaains"
.. or 'How it's a miracle Umbrella survived as long as they did.'

DO ensure your most profitable employees are both treated with respect and properly compensated for their work.
DON'T murder the same scientist who's been working on with a virus that can bring the dead back to life and expect things to go smoothly.

If you DO have to murder the aforementioned scientist, then make sure you dispose of his corpse properly, perhaps by dumping it into a vat of acid.
DON'T leave him bleeding to death in his lab and act all surprised when the virus he's been working on turns himself into some mutated rampaging monstrosity. Especially if the exact same thing has happened before.

If, by some miracle, you keep your evil research complex running for long enough to produce a walking biological weapon, DO sell it to the highest bidder.
DON'T just leave it sitting in a tank, moping, until someone happens to the shoot the really obvious weak spot on its torso. You know, the big red heart that you happened to put outside of its body for no apparent reason.

DO give the keys to secure areas of your building to trusted members of staff, making sure everyone knows who the keyholders are.
DON'T replace all the keys with an overly elaborate system of wooden emblems, brass animal heads and other equally unwieldy items.

DO have ammunition is rationed out to all security staff, and store any remaining ammunition in a safe and secure place, so as to make it readily available to those who are authorised to use it, in case of an emergency.
DON'T just leave boxes of ammo lying around in random places, forcing your own staff to start looking down the side of the sofa when a full scale zombie outbreak is underway.

DO have a proper emergency escape route planned out for you and your staff to use.
DON'T require employees to solve a ridiculously complicated puzzle just to get into the break room.

If you DO have to destroy a building to contain a biological or chemical outbreak then blow up the building the moment all uninfected personnel have escaped.
DON'T have an elaborate self destruct mechanism that not only takes a full five minutes to activate, but also vocally announces its activation to anyone within earshot, giving them plenty of time to activate it
Thu 03/04/08 at 20:23
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Ah right. I like the resident evil series, don't get me wrong here, but it does have some major design/plot faults :)
Thu 03/04/08 at 16:28
Regular
"Braaains"
Actually, it was more brought on by playing Resident Evil Zero and Resident Evil 1 on the GC - with all the associated emblem collecting cobblers.
Tue 01/04/08 at 11:04
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Haha...guess you watched extinction last night :p

I was going to write review on it - actually containing a few of those points, but you've covered it better than I would.

The one I was going to use was

DO Find a safe place to barricade yourself in if trapped in the city whilst a zombie infection is taking place.
DON'T wander around the graveyard when a virus that brings the dead back to life is present and you have a few hundred dead bodies buried beneath you

(Apocalypse)
Mon 31/03/08 at 23:50
Regular
"Braaains"
.. or 'How it's a miracle Umbrella survived as long as they did.'

DO ensure your most profitable employees are both treated with respect and properly compensated for their work.
DON'T murder the same scientist who's been working on with a virus that can bring the dead back to life and expect things to go smoothly.

If you DO have to murder the aforementioned scientist, then make sure you dispose of his corpse properly, perhaps by dumping it into a vat of acid.
DON'T leave him bleeding to death in his lab and act all surprised when the virus he's been working on turns himself into some mutated rampaging monstrosity. Especially if the exact same thing has happened before.

If, by some miracle, you keep your evil research complex running for long enough to produce a walking biological weapon, DO sell it to the highest bidder.
DON'T just leave it sitting in a tank, moping, until someone happens to the shoot the really obvious weak spot on its torso. You know, the big red heart that you happened to put outside of its body for no apparent reason.

DO give the keys to secure areas of your building to trusted members of staff, making sure everyone knows who the keyholders are.
DON'T replace all the keys with an overly elaborate system of wooden emblems, brass animal heads and other equally unwieldy items.

DO have ammunition is rationed out to all security staff, and store any remaining ammunition in a safe and secure place, so as to make it readily available to those who are authorised to use it, in case of an emergency.
DON'T just leave boxes of ammo lying around in random places, forcing your own staff to start looking down the side of the sofa when a full scale zombie outbreak is underway.

DO have a proper emergency escape route planned out for you and your staff to use.
DON'T require employees to solve a ridiculously complicated puzzle just to get into the break room.

If you DO have to destroy a building to contain a biological or chemical outbreak then blow up the building the moment all uninfected personnel have escaped.
DON'T have an elaborate self destruct mechanism that not only takes a full five minutes to activate, but also vocally announces its activation to anyone within earshot, giving them plenty of time to activate it

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.