GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are there any new console plans?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/06/02 at 13:49
Regular
Now that the Gamecube and the Xbox are out, does anyone know of any new consoles being released in the next year or so? If I'm correct I believe that the Playstation2 has been out for two years now so are they planning another console?

I don't read any gaming magazines so I would appreciate any news anyone has.

Or you can just tell me to do one......
Wed 19/06/02 at 13:49
Regular
".......on the attac"
Now that the Gamecube and the Xbox are out, does anyone know of any new consoles being released in the next year or so? If I'm correct I believe that the Playstation2 has been out for two years now so are they planning another console?

I don't read any gaming magazines so I would appreciate any news anyone has.

Or you can just tell me to do one......
Wed 19/06/02 at 13:53
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Nope no new consoles for a good few years yet.
Wed 19/06/02 at 14:07
"High polygon count"
Lord H wrote:
> If I'm correct I believe that the Playstation2 has been out for two
> years now so are they planning another console?

Yes, they are planning a new machine, but it won't be on the market until 2004/2005 at the very earliest.
Wed 19/06/02 at 15:18
Regular
"smile, it's free"
A tenner says it'll be called the Playstation 3.
Wed 19/06/02 at 15:21
Regular
"going underground"
sony made an announcement a coupla weeks back didn't they? they are workin on the ps3 and it will be out in 2005 is what i heard, but i could be imagining things
Wed 19/06/02 at 15:23
Regular
"going underground"
and given the announcements microsift have made recently about the 'next incarnation' of xbox, i think it's a VERY safe bet we will see xbox 2 (or whatever) within three years. nintendo are gonna go multiplatform by then anyways
Wed 19/06/02 at 15:38
Regular
pezking wrote:
> and given the announcements microsift have made recently about the
> 'next incarnation' of xbox, i think it's a VERY safe bet we will see
> xbox 2 (or whatever) within three years.

nintendo are gonna go
> multiplatform by then anyways <- Not official. That was an interpretation of something the new Nintendo president said.

Nintendo may go multi-format in the future, but you never know, they may have something else up their sleeve for the next-next-gen era.
Wed 19/06/02 at 15:44
Regular
"DS..."
Edgy wrote:
> pezking wrote:
> and given the announcements microsift have made recently about the
> 'next incarnation' of xbox, i think it's a VERY safe bet we will see
> xbox 2 (or whatever) within three years.
>
> nintendo are gonna go
> multiplatform by then anyways <- Not official. That was an
> interpretation of something the new Nintendo president said.
>
> Nintendo may go multi-format in the future, but you never know, they
> may have something else up their sleeve for the next-next-gen era.

yeah, i very much doubt, hmm let me rephrase that, Im SURE that Nintendo would not develop for consoles that are direct rivals and inferiour in terms of they release mainly games which revolve around violence and endless sequels.

In fact given their new freindship with Sega I reckon that a console produced by Nintendo and Sega could be on the cards, giving gamers the best games possible, and if they still own half of Rare by then, then it could turn out to be THE ultimate console, hmm i think i need to produce a post on Nintendo's future before going into anymore detail, :) but this is just one of many possibilities... :)

slik ~_~
Wed 19/06/02 at 15:48
Regular
"going underground"
hey! i am NOT cussing nintendo at all and i believe the gamecube is gonna win this generation hands down. metroid, starfox, zelda, mario, super smash bros will be the top five best games of the year no doubt. but it's how the market's going isn't it? sony and microsoft are making entertainment platforms. nintendo are making GAMES. and they know that they don't want to go the way of snk and sega (ok sega are doing very well). unless this company which is talking to sega about a buyout is actually nintendo like you say, which i think is actually very possible...
Wed 19/06/02 at 15:49
"Uzi Lover"
I'm making a console.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.